Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Heart disease was infrequent prior to 1900---far less prevalent than now.

Maybe because the average life span was around 50 yrs old.

Accounted for almost entirely by infant mortality.

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
200 years ago dental infections were one of the leading causes of death in America. Infections in the mouth go rather easily to places like the brain and chest. Still can, but things
have gotten to the point where we are just fussier about what we eat but, not how much. ;-{>8

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Do this. Get out a picture of your self when you where 21 to 25. Same body, same bone structure. If there is a large difference, there is a reason. cold be sugar. Joined navy in 54 at 135 lbs. Grew to 170 plus. A year ago, I cut out most sugars. Now, a year later, 147 to 150 and doing Ok.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

^^^^^^^^
Infant mortality factored in changes things quite a lot.

Records from over 3 thousand years ago speak of 70+ average life spans.

It's doubtless fluctuated frequently all over the earth due to warfare, slavery, disease, religious practices, economic, climate, and agricultural changes.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 03/07/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jerrys
Do this. Get out a picture of your self when you where 21 to 25. Same body, same bone structure. If there is a large difference, there is a reason. cold be sugar. Joined navy in 54 at 135 lbs. Grew to 170 plus. A year ago, I cut out most sugars. Now, a year later, 147 to 150 and doing Ok.

Sugar IS a big factor.
It causes gross oxidation and inflammation.
It also leaches vitamins from the diet.
But it tastes sooo good.

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Good point.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
200 years ago dental infections were one of the leading causes of death in America. Infections in the mouth go rather easily to places like the brain and chest. Still can, but things
have gotten to the point where we are just fussier about what we eat but, not how much. ;-{>8

Supposedly the leading cause of death for the early American Indians.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Couple of vids on the poison we're eating too much of. Apparently heart disease and cancer were rare till seed oils came along....

I agree to an extent.
Seed oils start oxidizing as soon as the seeds are crushed. Most of us don't eat enough raw fresh vegetables and berry fruits to keep up with the stress.
Heating the oils also changes them to harmful forms.
Otherwise, freshly consumed nuts are great nutritional concentrates for the most part. Hemp seeds too. They have a perfect balance of omega 3, 6, and 12s.
If you want the best, I suggest, grinding your hemp, flax, etc just before eating.

Coconuts are exceptionally stable after oil is separated

See Dr. Joel Wallach's books for the best sources on the subject IMHO.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 03/07/21.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by oldtrapper

Supposedly the leading cause of death for the early American Indians.

American Indians had very little tooth decay but a predisposition for periodontal disease, however, when they started trading for sugar, bad things happened. There was a study once that showed the relationship between the distance of Alaska natives from the trading post and tooth decay. Pretty obvious.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As civilization developed, carbohydrates became more and more refined. Around 1800, Dutch colonists in Indonesia started suffering scurvy, while their native servants were fine.

The only substantial difference was that the colonists could afford white rice, while the natives ate brown rice. This “refinement” in our foods has taken place in every food grown. Potatoes are much more starchy than 100 years ago, let alone 200 years. Wheat, you name it, same song, different verse. More carbs, more empty calories, less nutrients and fiber.

200 years ago, sugar was expensive, and pies and such a rare treat, not rarely made with honey. But, now we are “better off” and use pure, crystalline sugar.....

Fruit 200 years ago had much less fructose, and much more fiber than today’s miracles of shippability.

Vegetables? Carrots today have little in common with those 200 or 500 years ago. Name your vegetable, the story is the same. More sugars, more digestible starch, less fiber, less nutrients.

Look up the difference in nutrient density in barn yard eggs vs industrial eggs. The difference is startlingly large.

I’ll admit though, it’s cheap!

Those blaming GMO’s or pesticides or chemical oil extraction are barking up the wrong tree. We’re sickly because we’re under nourished because of the nutrient poor foods we’re choosing to eat.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by viking
I went for a hike this morning with the dogs ,then got laid. After that a little nap.

I bet the dogs had fun. 😁

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dutch
As civilization developed, carbohydrates became more and more refined. Around 1800, Dutch colonists in Indonesia started suffering scurvy, while their native servants were fine.

The only substantial difference was that the colonists could afford white rice, while the natives ate brown rice. ...

I thought the colonists problem with white Vs brown
revolved around Vitamin B1 deficiency.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Good point and I think farming practices have left a good deal of soil without essential nutrients.

Eat bread, fruits, veggies desserts in other countries, especially outside the urban areas. Taste completely different than in the US and a lot less sweet and better flavor.

The US is the only country in the world with scooters in our stores for the morbidly obese.

Nurse friends tell me stories of all the 400 plus women and men now in hospitals requiring extensive long term care. Again we are the only country in the world with this problem.

The only substantial difference was that the colonists could afford white rice, while the natives ate brown rice. This “refinement” in our foods has taken place in every food grown. Potatoes are much more starchy than 100 years ago, let alone 200 years. Wheat, you name it, same song, different verse. More carbs, more empty calories, less nutrients and fiber.

200 years ago, sugar was expensive, and pies and such a rare treat, not rarely made with honey. But, now we are “better off” and use pure, crystalline sugar.....

Fruit 200 years ago had much less fructose, and much more fiber than today’s miracles of shippability.

Vegetables? Carrots today have little in common with those 200 or 500 years ago. Name your vegetable, the story is the same. More sugars, more digestible starch, less fiber, less nutrients.

Look up the difference in nutrient density in barn yard eggs vs industrial eggs. The difference is startlingly large.

Those blaming GMO’s or pesticides or chemical oil extraction are barking up the wrong tree. We’re sickly because we’re under nourished because of the nutrient poor foods we’re choosing to eat.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I agree with you about the agricultural changes.
The wealthy who could afford refined grains ended up with nutritional deficiencies.
SAD, Standard American Diet did the same.

That is ONE part of the dietary puzzle, but the toxins, like Roundup and many of the pesticides, plasticisers in packaging are found stored in fatty tissues as well as liver/kidney stressors. Cancer is occurring more in spite of claims of scientific diagnostics.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Starman

The only substantial difference was that the colonists could afford white rice, while the natives ate brown rice. ...

I thought the colonists problem with white Vs brown
revolved around Vitamin B1 deficiency.

I’m working off grade school history with that one, so I’ll not quibble.....

Sic Semper Tyrannis
E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Margarine is good for you. The government says so. Oh I’m sorry that was a little while back. Don’t believe all the crap you read. Edk

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
When I was in school, our favorite day was when they served Sloppy Joes for lunch. Those were the good old days. Today, the kids just get a bunch of healthy crap. Mostly inedible.
Tonight, for supper, I had a couple of chicken pies and washed them down with a Pepsi. For dessert, I had a handful of Goldfish (made with real cheese!). Later, I'll have a bowl of Shredded Wheat before I go to bed. I'm out of Sugar Crisps. GD

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Whats more dangerous?

Accessed tooth? Or Canola Oil?

You be the judge.....

Spell check gotcha.

....uh huh - and he got very close veins !!!

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Humm, did you mean vanes. My arrows gots vanes. wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
[i][/i]
Originally Posted by greydog
When I was in school, our favorite day was when they served Sloppy Joes for lunch. Those were the good old days. Today, the kids just get a bunch of healthy crap. Mostly inedible.
Tonight, for supper, I had a couple of chicken pies and washed them down with a Pepsi. For dessert, I had a handful of Goldfish (made with real cheese!). Later, I'll have a bowl of Shredded Wheat before I go to bed. I'm out of Sugar Crisps. GD

And dont be saying GD just cause youre outta Sugar Crisps. Dayom. wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (1minute, 007FJ, 1936M71, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 56 invisible), 2,545 guests, and 1,376 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,558
Posts18,473,095
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.