Hop To
Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by MadMooner
That sucks.
I've had USPS screw me before. They are less than helpful, even with insurance.

Fact is, until the product is in the purchasers hand, you are on the hook. You received to money, but he didn't receive the product.
At least that's how I look at doing business. Can't see it any other way?

Good luck to you both getting it resolved.

This. Same process with Ebay. If the buyer doenst get it, the buyer doesnt pay.

Glad the buyer posted this so others dont get screwed by the sending corksucker.

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/08/21.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Gouging is bad enough, but refusal to take responsibility and to make it right is just inexcusable. Ice the cake with a callout thread where you're getting your ass handed to you and can't face it like a decent human being...priceless.

It's obvious to me where this will end up--UNLESS the OP decides to man up, issue apologies to the entire forum, and make this right with KT and at least make an attempt to salvage his reputation...I'd say he's done here.

This wasnt a "callout" thread. KT threatened to post this and i simply saved him the trouble. What you, or any other stranger on the net thinks of me, bothers me not. I only apologize when i feel ive done wrong and an apology to a forum that has nothing to do with the situation........LAUGHABLE!

I notice several suppliers are charging a separate insurance or "handling protection" fee now. I wonder how it would play out if you REFUSED that service from them?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Willicd76
Gouging is bad enough, but refusal to take responsibility and to make it right is just inexcusable. Ice the cake with a callout thread where you're getting your ass handed to you and can't face it like a decent human being...priceless.

It's obvious to me where this will end up--UNLESS the OP decides to man up, issue apologies to the entire forum, and make this right with KT and at least make an attempt to salvage his reputation...I'd say he's done here.

This wasnt a "callout" thread. KT threatened to post this and i simply saved him the trouble. What you, or any other stranger on the net thinks of me, bothers me not. I only apologize when i feel ive done wrong and an apology to a forum that has nothing to do with the situation........LAUGHABLE!

I notice several suppliers are charging a separate insurance or "handling protection" fee now. I wonder how it would play out if you REFUSED that service from them?

Go fuqk yourself, and you're done here. I dare you to post some sheit for sale

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by jaguartx
That sucks.

Fact is, until the product is in the purchasers hand, you are on the hook. You received to money, but he didn't receive the product.

Glad the buyer posted this so others dont get screwed by the sending corksucker, Traylor

Uhhhh,,,,,Jag.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Whoops, sorry.

Will fix.

Thanks, OT.

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/08/21.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Glad the buyer posted this so others dont get screwed by the sending corksucker, Traylor

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Whoops, sorry.

Will fix.

Bassackwards, Bro.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Killertraylor
Appreciate the support friends. Chuck is here to make a buck and probably needs it more than I do. Lots of great guys here who would at least offer a compromise. I tried several times to let him do something fair. I get it - it’s happened to me. Buyer didn’t get what I shipped. Post office stole it, neither of our fault, but because it was the fire, instant refund. This place means something to a lot of us.

People like chuck make this the place I don't visit often anymore.

OTOH if it was still full of folks like you it would be what it once was.

That said IMHO when I ship I insure for value unless I don't care if Its lost.... that is just common sense to me. Maybe ol chuck is a flaming liberal democrat, at least that seems to be how he thinks.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Fixed. Thanks, OT.

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Judging by the pictures, the package didn't look to be adequately secured to me.

Strapping tape is your friend. Around the ENTIRE box with extra attention given to flimsy flap and the side that's semi-perforated. FULL refund is in order as the Seller had complete control over the inadequate and piss poor wrap job.

Not surprising about the attitude. Typical of the "Classified Cowboys" that have been using the 'fire as their personal fleabay.
Another one to put on ignore.

Here is a guy thats thinking. Packaging tape isn't squat. Neither is duct tape. Strapping tape is the only way when dealing with weight. Double that up with putting it in some kind of heavy plastic like MRE type plastic or heavy vac seal. I've gone to Vac sealing mostly. Usually seal small packs and then seal em all in a big one. Even if I don't put vac on the sealing process.

Cast lead bullets coming up, will be in a fitted plywood box inside...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

Simple enough. You don't want to pay the insurance fee, they don't sell the product.

Like I posted earlier, shipping insurance is simply part of the cost of doing business. Adjust your sell price, or charge more for shipping to cover it.

I buy and sell a lot of stuff here and at other places. Always, Always, have enough insurance to cover the sell price and shipping cost. the shipper makes the claim if there's a problem, so it's his responsibility to insure the package.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by dh1
Posting address and phone numbers aint too cool.

Being he is a retired or according to him, EX cop you'd think that was done on purpose.

If an LEO doesn't know better....

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Vac seal is a good idea.

Fiber tape too maybe.

Not sure what strapping tape is.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Everything I sell is insured for the paid amount, I don't even ask, it gets insured. I've made one insurance claim and that proved to me it's the right way to go.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Fixed. Thanks, OT.

Just having fun, Jag.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Vac seal is a good idea.

Fiber tape too maybe.

Not sure what strapping tape is.

Probably what you call fiber tape. The heavier stuff with strands of what I'm fairly sure is fiberglass in the tape. Duct tape is almost a joke save for the American of African descent pet brand is pretty good

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by HoosierHawk

Like I posted earlier, shipping insurance is simply part of the cost of doing business. Adjust your sell price, or charge more for shipping to cover it.

All true, but irrelevant IMHO. The only relevant fact is, the buyer did not receive the merchandise. Nothing else really matters.

Except the seller has shown everyone on here he's not to be trusted, that seems relevant too.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Willicd76

13 posts out of the classifieds in the last 3 years. just saying.

No loss.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
That sucks.

Uhhhh,,,,,Jag.

LOL reading comprehension RC.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Your refusal to accept responsibility and admit your error shows who you are. If you'll do that for $350, there is no question about it.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

636 members (1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 204guy, 160user, 1badf350, 22kHornet, 63 invisible), 2,570 guests, and 1,443 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,605
Posts18,492,345
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.