Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Umm, hey there. Sorry but this forum doesn’t have a sarcasm font. So you’re forced to interpret it from past knowledge of the poster, or realizing that the story has been posted here before. By Phil, as a matter of fact.
So, swing and a miss!!

Or, simply being able to read and comprehend.

It’s a gift!!

A gift that keeps on giving!
Or something like that. 😉

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AK375DGR
Ok,,,,,, I've got some additional info/intel regarding this Post, my information on Idaho was partially correct, ie... as per an email from Idaho Outfitters and Guides Board Secretary, it said that, that particular Outfitter for whom that particular Guide works for, decides what type of Firearm that Guide can carry,,,,,, so I got some bogus-intel at the start, [bleep] happens....

But fück an A, it is a confirmed FACT Idaho guides can't carry long arms,,,,.

May I ask why you're still refusing to call the various game departments and ask your question? You've gone from asking folks on an internet forum (who generally do give good advice but most have admitted they're not 100% sure about your particular question) to calling and quoting various outfitter and guide organizations. Folks here can give good advice on what to do and where to do it as it pertains to hunting, but generally don't like to answer legality questions unless they're 100% sure and most people here are not guides in western states. Cut to the chase and just call the game departments.

I am also still wondering what the 7 "other" western states are.

Good luck with your quest, but if you're not trolling I suggest you really think about how you're asking this question.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Haha, I should start a new thread on “”guides”... they’re not always what they’re supposed to be. Grin

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
As a aside, I never carry a pistola, been concerned a time or 3 in montucky carrying my beloved 257 Roy with 100’s, and only a belly full! Haha

Pard was fairly concerned while I was workin meat. Grin

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 458Win
I always love posts that begin with " I don't know if it's true or not "

And I especially want to include trolls with over 15,000 posts who have probably never seen a big bear !

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I don’t know Phil... Sounds like they are playing for one of those village kid slots where they go after Grizzlies with coordinated fire from 1022s. They disappear out there every once in a while so there are always openings for the team.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ph uck I just ate a box of thin mint Girl Scout cookies..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I don't know what guides carry or care that much. I always carry a handgun because it is always with me when I have to set the rifle down. Most of the time it was concern about people. Some of the strangest characters have been met out hunting. The second concern was mtn lions and unlike some I never found the weight of the revolver burdensome and can use it to dispatch a deer with less mess than a rifle. Now we have grizzlies within 50 miles of the house in places I hunt. I did know a fella who was killed by a grizzly while gutting out an elk in MT.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by 458Win
I always love posts that begin with " I don't know if it's true or not "

They are almost as good as the facbook posts that go like this..." 9mm for bear defense"....yea I guess...some guy did it in Alaska a few years ago....guy definintely ddint know anything about bears or been around them much otherwise he would have had a 500 Smith"

Hey there gitem_12,,,,, that some guy in Alaska, was the guy you just "Quoted Above" 458Win, yea,,,,, the guy that doesn't know much about Bears,,,,,, looks like you kind-a step in it a bit with your Post........ cry

huh, not much into reading comprehension are you. now I understand your OP better

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Wait a minute here , do you mean to tell me a bunch of old men can't agree on something? Next you'll try to tell me that 24hfcf threads go off topic and devolve into internet dick measuring contests . I find both those things VERY hard to believe. Those things NEVER happen here....

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
lj
Why you gotta abuse punctuation like dat?

Sheesh!

Hold into the upper case!!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
A
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Ok,,,,,, I've got some additional info/intel regarding this Post, my information on Idaho was partially correct, ie... as per an email from Idaho Outfitters and Guides Board Secretary, it said that, that particular Outfitter for whom that particular Guide works for, decides what type of Firearm that Guide can carry,,,,,, so I got some bogus-intel at the start, [bleep] happens....

But fück an A, it is a confirmed FACT Idaho guides can't carry long arms,,,,.

May I ask why you're still refusing to call the various game departments and ask your question? You've gone from asking folks on an internet forum (who generally do give good advice but most have admitted they're not 100% sure about your particular question) to calling and quoting various outfitter and guide organizations. Folks here can give good advice on what to do and where to do it as it pertains to hunting, but generally don't like to answer legality questions unless they're 100% sure and most people here are not guides in western states. Cut to the chase and just call the game departments.

I am also still wondering what the 7 "other" western states are.

Good luck with your quest, but if you're not trolling I suggest you really think about how you're asking this question.

T_Inman, all of your questions have been answered in my last Post, as you "Quoted part of it above", did you not read the entire Post,,,,, and quite frankly, I think you are the "Troll" here, that's my Story, and I'm Sticking to it....... cool Lj

Last edited by AK375DGR; 03/25/21. Reason: spelling...

-[USMC 1st Mar/Div 7th Engineers, VietNam 69-71, Semper-Fi]-
A
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
Ok,,,,,, I'll work on that..... cool Lj

-[USMC 1st Mar/Div 7th Engineers, VietNam 69-71, Semper-Fi]-
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 79S
Ph uck I just ate a box of thin mint Girl Scout cookies..

damnit! now i will be craving those things the rest of the week!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

T_Inman, all of your questions have been answered in my last Post, as you "Quoted part of it above", did you not read the entire Post,,,,, and quite frankly, I think you are the "Troll" here, that's my Story, and I'm Sticking to it....... cool Lj

Fair enough.
I probably should have put 2 and 2 together when you were listing those various states, but for whatever reason didn't. I am a bit confused as to why WA, CA and UT were not included as they (UT and WA at least) have guiding associations too. All of my questions were not answered in your last post however: but honestly they're really not needing to be.

Carry on, I guess. Good luck in the field.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
I did a little odd job fill-in for a packer/outfitter, last thing he always checked when departing the trailhead...made sure he had toilet paper and a shoeing hammer. Amusing maybe, but true. Would have been much more dramatic to pull out a big revolver and spin the cylinder for the clients.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They all carry creedmores! Bwahaha

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I have hunted off and on for 20 years with Alaskan master guide Dave Lazier. His back up gun was (is) a boat paddle Ruger 77 30 06 loaded with 220 gr factory.

He also uses a mod 37 Ithaca loaded with Brenke slugs. Have seen him use both and some of those bears might have had powder burns on them.

Occasionally He would carry a Mod. .29 .44 if we were just gathering fire wood or camp chores.

He has been guiding over 30 years and a bear hasn't eaten him yet.

Lefty

Last edited by leftycarbon; 03/27/21.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

509 members (1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 1minute, 257 roberts, 1badf350, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,427 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,424
Posts18,489,150
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.