Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by kappa8
Originally Posted by benchman
Only the very smart can "interpret" shall not be, as can be.

Well, depends on what the meaning of "is" is. shocked

True....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hmm,,,do you really think it's possible to repeal or change the 1st? Change it to a state mandated, or worse, outlaw religion entirely? (I know that's their real objective.) How about repealing the 3rd? Now you have to house and feed SS troops in your home. No more Miranda rights, no more right to a lawyer, no more search warrants, and no more jury trials- just secret proceedings. Change a single one of the Bill of Rights, and there is no more United States.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
"Shall not be infringed" sounds kinda absolute to me.

President Biden unveiled executive orders on gun control on Thursday, at a press conference in the White House Rose Garden.

Nothing I’m about to recommend in any way impinges on the Second Amendment,” Biden said. “They’re phony arguments suggesting that these are Second Amendment rights in what we’re talking about.”

Biden added that no amendment to the Constitution is absolute".

https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-announces-gun-control-executive-161114890.html

Appears that your resident Whitehouse clown doesn't know his arse from apples.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Eff 'Lyin Biden' and the HO....

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Ok then, Joe Biden being President certainly isn't absolute.

I'm thinking there's a majority that would agree....

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by HawkI

There has never been an election in the history of humanity that was more obviously stolen right in front of the eyes of the nation. They hardly tried to hide it, believing that a massive gaslighting campaign by their allies in the leftist-controlled MSM afterwards would suffice.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by HawkI

Yeah, but it is not like their vote matters.

Apparently.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Blackheart
This is certainly nothing new. The gov't. and SCOTUS have obviously been operating under that assumtion for over 100 years. Otherwise there wouldn't be thousands of "gun laws" on the books, GCA '34, GCA '68, NICS and 4473's wouldn't exist, you'd still be able to order a gun and have it delivered to your door and the BATFE would just be BATE.
Just curious how many here would be alright with it if NONE of these gun laws existed ?

I'd be fine if all the gun ownership laws were gone. Criminals don't obey them anyway so mainly the only people left are those of us that don't break the law anyway.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The problem isn't that criminals ignore the laws, it's the fact that politicians have neutered the very laws they create and progressive (oxymoron) DA's don't prosecute actual crimes.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And yes Biden, originally all citizens were allowed to own all weapons of war. The same weapons that the government held. Even private warships and all cannons. Bezos could probably afford a modern Cruiser, and I would be ok with that.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jim1611
This is certainly nothing new. The gov't. and SCOTUS have obviously been operating under that assumtion for over 100 years. Otherwise there wouldn't be thousands of "gun laws" on the books, GCA '34, GCA '68, NICS and 4473's wouldn't exist, you'd still be able to order a gun and have it delivered to your door and the BATFE would just be BATE.
Just curious how many here would be alright with it if NONE of these gun laws existed ?

I'd be fine if all the gun ownership laws were gone. Criminals don't obey them anyway so mainly the only people left are those of us that don't break the law anyway.
I'd like them all gone too. They're ALL UNCONSTITUTIONAL and ILLEGITIMATE. Trouble is, I guarantee you there are "Fudds" posting in this very thread that would be "uncomfortable" in repealing all the gun laws. There have been plenty of those "Fudds" at the NRA negotiating/compromising our rights away for as far back as I can remember and those "Fudds" are a BIG part of the problem.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
http://thehomegunsmith.com/pdf/Stengunplans.pdf

^Sends the Feds shrieking down the hallway

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
What part of "shall not be infringed" is confusing?

Kappa, they’ll spin the crap out of that, eg., you like your flintlocks, you can keep your flintlocks and as many as you want.

They already regulate class 3 and we see what various states have enacted as to what’s legal and what ain’t.

The fight is coming on this and many have little faith in which way the scotus would rule.

True that Toot. Similar to the way they are attempting to divide and conquer the citizenry by race/ethnicity/religion/sex/gender, they parse the Second Amendment for same reason. We don't need SCOTUS to explain what is and is not allowed under 2A. Shall not be infringed.

But here's the problem. Their divide & conquer strategy is working. There's enough sheeple who are indifferent to make the citizenry reliably weak. And for the insufficient number of patriots, they don't have to divide & conquer us. There's enough infighting on these forums that we've achieved the divide & conquer amongst ourselves for them.

Heh !
Yessir and you’ve said it better than most have.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Sheeple

I always find them a great source of dark humor

They never disappoint.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

I'd like them all gone too. They're ALL UNCONSTITUTIONAL and ILLEGITIMATE. Trouble is, I guarantee you there are "Fudds" posting in this very thread that would be "uncomfortable" in repealing all the gun laws. There have been plenty of those "Fudds" at the NRA negotiating/compromising our rights away for as far back as I can remember and those "Fudds" are a BIG part of the problem.

Those same Fudds are the ones that told us if we passed concealed carry we'd have a blood bath in out streets. They're not leaders, they're sheep. Timid, very timid sheep that are easily swayed and controlled by fear.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Those same Fudds are the ones that told us if we passed concealed carry we'd have a blood bath in out streets. They're not leaders, they're sheep. Timid, very timid sheep that are easily swayed and controlled by fear.

I think we’ve seen how powerful fear can be to a society like ours.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DMc
Every Demoncrap re-election in the legislature will be threatened if Biden tries this.

Any Republicans that don't fight this tooth and nail should be voted out also.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by centershot
Originally Posted by DMc
Every Demoncrap re-election in the legislature will be threatened if Biden tries this.

Any Republicans that don't fight this tooth and nail should be voted out also.

Do you see any lining up to fight against it?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by duck911
Originally Posted by JakeBlues

Biden added that “no amendment to the Constitution is absolute".

Then he should be OK with a bit of friendly slavery, premenstrual women not voting (just the bitchy ones), and torching the printing presses of the liberal mass news media??
It's not the presses fault. Torch the lieberals.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
What part of, "Congress shall make no law", don't they understand?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (1minute, 1badf350, 270cowboy, 2500HD, 280Jeff, 59 invisible), 2,367 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,170
Posts18,503,147
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.