B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
And retail and some manufacturing too.
Most manufacturing jobs here will have you starting through a temp agency making very close to minimum wage and will keep you as a temp for up to a year with no benefits before they decide to hire you direct or let you go and replace you with another through the temp agency..

Interesting, as having worked for temp agencies, the company is paying them near double for the worker than the wage they get. Keeps the company from having to do book work, insurance, etc.........almost all covered by the temp agency.

Good business model for the companies involved, not so much for the worker..................of course.
Keeps them from having to pay benefits too, which is the important and EXPENSIVE thing for the employers. My health insurance alone was costing my last employer 1k a month.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Biggest town, county seat here, is less than 3K population. I'm waiting for the '20 census numbers to see how many our county lost since '10.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
its going to be like this the rest of the year at least. unemployment and stimmy keeps getting extended by the hand-out party buying votes. this is their wet dream. the chinks killed this country without firing a shot.

My diploma is a DD214
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Here Mcdonalds and Hardees usually import immigrants from Jamaica? or some other foreign land to work in the summertime , because they can not get enough workers. Last year because of travel restrictions, the had no employees added . Drive up only and they had like three people running the whole place, then got Covid relief money.Talk about increasing profit margin and not be sustainable..........

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not sure the reason, as it's hard to keep a small restaurant open here, but while in town yesterday I noticed one of the cafes is all closed up and a for lease sign in the window.

Third different place there since we arrived in late '16. Food there was "decent' but nothing special.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by rem141r
its going to be like this the rest of the year at least. unemployment and stimmy keeps getting extended by the hand-out party buying votes. this is their wet dream. the chinks killed this country without firing a shot.
Definetely an act of war on the part of the Chinks, which is why I can't understand why we haven't nuked the lowly rotten bastards.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Not sure the reason, as it's hard to keep a small restaurant open here, but while in town yesterday I noticed one of the cafes is all closed up and a for lease sign in the window.

Third different place there since we arrived in late '16. Food there was "decent' but nothing special.
Several restaurants in my area have gone out of business over the past year.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I have said for several years we are in the middle of a civil war and world war at the same time. I hope God blesses America one more time. It’s going to take more than prayer. Unfortunately blood and guts is what has always prevailed and saved us. MAGA

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Definetely an act of war on the part of the Chinks, which is why I can't understand why we haven't nuked the lowly rotten bastards.

nuking is not realistic. but it seems like the entire world has forgotten who gave us this schit. don't hear anyone seeking reparations or even demanding an international investigation. you can damn sure bet that had trump won, he'd be ringing that bell.

My diploma is a DD214
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Honduras to the rescue.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

nuking is not realistic. but it seems like the entire world has forgotten who gave us this schit. don't hear anyone seeking reparations or even demanding an international investigation. you can damn sure bet that had trump won, he'd be ringing that bell.
They need to be destroyed one way or another for what they've done.

C
ccd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Demographics(age cohorts) in quite a few places in the USA are nearly vertical or getting v shaped. There aren’t ,enough kids even with the influx of immigrants. Which is why Democrats are trying to import anyone they can. 4 decades of chamber of commerce influenced social engineering have been an absolute disaster. Keep waiting for dumbass GOP to adopt family friendly policies, but that will never happen , I guess. The rise of Hungarian style pro family party will most likely have to come from within the Dems....

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Went to wendy's this afternoon , closed - will open this evening - shorthanded - help needed .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Motivation questions - - if curious, take a look at "Work and the Nature of Man" - Frederick Herzberg (1966)

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Welding shop here wants help, good help.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Family Dollar store near here, open when they have help. Don't really care other than a true State of the Union Address

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
It's bad around here. I've heard guys bitch that they won't get off their ass for less than $35.00 an hour. They are not my friends or associates.
If you show up for work, you'll make a nice living around here. Equipment operators are starting at $32.00 an hour. Crazy.

You had to know someone to get those jobs not that long ago.

"Their minds are dead" - Carmine Ricca
E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
The simple answer is and always will be cutting out the welfare checks. Even most of the worthless will work to feed their kids. No free ride.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Don't worry help arriving from the border

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by smarquez
Originally Posted by deflave
Maybe some of you live in schit areas with a bunch of lazy ass kids?

All our fast food joints are running wide open. Of course we have the fast fuggs to show for it.

Thazz what I’m talkin about. Around my house they’ll have a Filet O Fish in your hand quicker than you can piss.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

429 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 163bc, 37 invisible), 2,105 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,245
Posts18,486,132
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.