Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by smarquez
My sister works for a company that builds huge electric motors. They have had standing offers of hiring machinist trainees at $15 an hour for several years now and they can't get enough people that want to work and learn cnc machining.

Is she in your area?

Awfully hard, nearly impossible to survive on $15 an hour down there. That's why there are so many multi family homes, or 8 guys (immigrant) renting three bedroom suburban houses.

That's a starting wage for a room temp IQ to start. It might be more now.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
i didnt read the entire thread but what you fail to realize is that people are making more on onumployment/covid bonuses than they get from working

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR
We can't even get a visit for offering $19.00 per hour with no experience. We used to get high school kids looking for Summer jobs and not a soul responds to adds or word of mouth. We have two guys that have been with us 31 an 26 years. In fact, we don't have a single guy with less than 10 years experience. The guy that has 31 years actually fired his own stepson because he was a lazy piece of $hit. Go on any one of our job sites and it's all the "gray beards" getting things done. Fact. not fiction!!

Any benefits or chance at raises?

Depending on the type of work, $19/hr isn't a whole lot nowadays, especially in a metro area.

60% of Blue Cross Blue Shield, full payment of $25,000 life insurance and full payment of long and short term disability. Paid cell phone and uniforms. No where to go but up if you work hard, most all of my construction guys make $28 - $32 per hour and if you're a foreman a company truck. Doesn't matter anyway, with a 2.25% unemployment rate in Nebraska all the people that want to work are working already.

PS. The cost of living here isn't even close to NY, NJ, CA, etc.

Scheidt, that ain't a bad deal. I'm guessing the low UI rate is due to oil field work and related support?

Omaha is a metro area, but yeah, I guess given the location, weather etc it's not like Cali or the Eastern cities.

Thanks for the reply and info.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My sister works for a company that builds huge electric motors. They have had standing offers of hiring machinist trainees at $15 an hour for several years now and they can't get enough people that want to work and learn cnc machining.

Is she in your area?

Awfully hard, nearly impossible to survive on $15 an hour down there. That's why there are so many multi family homes, or 8 guys (immigrant) renting three bedroom suburban houses.

That's a starting wage for a room temp IQ to start. It might be more now.

I'm guessing sweeping the floor around the machinery, maybe putting parts on a conveyor belt?

Still, it would suck to try to live on that wage in SoCal, even with roommates or a significant other bringing in a second wage. Our vehicle insurance here is a couple of hundred dollars a year more per vehicle than where I lived in other States. And we're in BFCalifornia. Can't imagine how high it is in Metro SoCal.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I went into Sportsman's Warehouse today and, if you filled out an employment application, you got entered into a drawing for an elk hunt.

Mathew 22: 37-39

IC B2

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

249 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 280rem_cm, 35, 2UP, 22 invisible), 1,696 guests, and 1,046 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,485,985
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.