Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
If it were my mom, I would be emotional. It wasn’t.

If your a leftist, whatever Donald Trump says or does, that pisses you off rest assured, I am a Happy Camper!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by knivesforme

Fortunately police, courts, and jurors do not or at least are not supposed to hold a “if it were my mom” mentality when making decisions. A my mom mentality lends itself to emotional responses over logical or legal decisions. My mom mentalities leads to let’s string him up and drag him through the streets just in case my crazy azz mom said he did it and was right. Then again that line of thought seems to workout ok in Chicago..

My lil cuz Ray,Ray din do nuffin. He was a good boy suffering from emotional problems.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Surely.......given all your flowering intelligence......you know that lifestyle (as well as genetics) can play a part in the severity of dementia/Alzheimers. Also, like most illnesses, early detection is key.

Do you dispute that government involvement (funding) affects prices of care facilities or college tuition rates?

There are lots of worthless elderly. Most will vote for means-testing Social Security.......if it means they still get theirs.....or more.

My wife is a home health nurse. Plenty of the lifelong 'worthless' elderly patients are still on MEDICAID......not Medicare. It's still cheaper for them.

Call all the names you'd like.......if you feel better.

Hint:
Worthless is not a state of mind.

Ahh, "flowering intelligence." I take that as a compliment and am sure you made it in good faith. wink I never considered myself overly intelligent but if you think so, I accept it. smile

Now, as to your "gaslighting" my remarks, I'll address them one by one. Please reread my original post to you carefully.

I. I did not speak whatsoever regarding lifestyle or genetics of those people afflicted by Alzheimer's dementia or the several other dementia disorders. That has nothing to do with the elderly who suffer from dementia. There is no "key" or cure for Alzheimer's or the other dementia disorders so early detection is only beneficial to the family members to be aware of "what's coming" for their loved ones and to try and prepare the best they can for the eventuality.

2. I did not speak to the fact that the government health directives have added to memory care facility costs ... and to every other aspect of health and medical care in the U.S. That has nothing to do with what I posted.

3. I did not speak to the "worthless elderly" who vote for means testing Social Security benefits. That has absolutely nothing to do with the elderly who suffer from dementia. They are -- in most cases -- unable to vote.

4. I did not speak to the issue of those who are still on Medicaid in facilities or in home care. Medicare does not pay for people suffering from dementia who are in memory care facilities or in home care. My address to you concerned your extremely insensitive labeling of dementia victims as "worthless."

5. I called you names?? Not hardly. I merely compared your opinion of the elderly victims of dementia as "worthless," with the attitudes of past dictators and their sycophants who came up with a "solution" for the problem. A comparison is not necessarily an accusation.

"No assets=worthless. "
Many, many people have "no assets" but still work hard and support themselves and families. There are of course, those who refuse to work and abuse the American taxpayers as "parasites." I think that 'worthless" might with good cause be applied to them.

I still find your stated opinion of the elderly with dementia (such as my wife, and others I've known) as callous and despicable.

L.W.

Last edited by Leanwolf; 04/28/21. Reason: Added a clarification.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

GMAFB. It’s called discretion.

Right discretion. AKA easily spun by a lawyer as racism. Discretion would be someone just run out of a store for attempted theft stopping when the cruiser roles up or stopping after they get out and ask her to stop or face them for dialogue.

Do you understand the meaning of the word discretion? Your examples above suggest that you do not.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

Fortunately police, courts, and jurors do not or at least are not supposed to hold a “if it were my mom” mentality when making decisions. If it were my mom lends itself to emotional responses over logical or legal decisions. If it were my mom mentalities leads to let’s string him up and drag him through the streets mentalities just in case my crazy azz mom said he did it and was right. Then again that line of thought seems to workout ok in Chicago..

Fortunately a very small amount of Police Officers would not think it necessary to tackle a 73 year old women, break their arm and dislocate their shoulders when detaining them. Furthermore fewer yet would probably play the video of them doing so to get accolades in their respective station.

If your a leftist, whatever Donald Trump says or does, that pisses you off rest assured, I am a Happy Camper!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

GMAFB. It’s called discretion.

Right discretion. AKA easily spun by a lawyer as racism. Discretion would be someone just run out of a store for attempted theft stopping when the cruiser roles up or stopping after they get out and ask her to stop or face them for dialogue.

Do you understand the meaning of the word discretion? Your examples above suggest that you do not.

Courts have had discretion pulled in since the Clinton years and police too. One person’s discretion is another persons selective treatment AKA racism. I don’t like it but it is what it is. It ain’t the responding officers fault that they don’t live in Mayberry.
This woman by not responding to a squad car pulling up behind her after being booted and likely told that police had been called for shoplifting, then refusing to stop or even look at the police for more than a split second gave the police nothing to base discretion on other than being a white woman.

We’ll have to disagree on this one. No sense in going round and round. I’m not going to see it your way (even though I think you should) and I’m not going to see it your way (no doubt you think I should).

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There is no training that can fix this, only a wise and ruthless selection process can...

"“Ready for the pop?” Hopp said to Jalali and other officers while they gathered to watch the footage of the violent arrest. “What popped?” another officer asked. “I think it was her shoulder,” Hopp replied. These comments can be heard at 48:30 in the below video.

Hopp can be heard saying, “I can’t believe I threw a 73-year-old on the ground,” while Jalali comments: “It’s like live TV... Body-cams are my favorite thing to watch, I could watch livestream body-cams all day.” The third officer can be heard suggesting “The Body-Cam Show” as a title for a proposed television special, and says to Hopp, “Impressive, buddy.”"

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
We’ll have to disagree on this one. No sense in going round and round. I’m not going to see it your way (even though I think you should) and I’m not going to see it your way (no doubt you think I should).

Understood.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Yeah. “Impressive Buddy”.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Still waiting for something insightful or legally based.

Haha never mind I don’t have that much time to waste. Have a goodnight and glad that you’re not a hypocrite when it’s the other color not complying.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Haha never mind I don’t have that much time to waste. Have a goodnight and glad that you’re not a hypocrite when it’s the other color not complying.

And we are all still waiting on you to explain why laughing about it afterwards while she was in the cell with no medical care was OK too.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
[quote=knivesforme]If it were my mom, I would be emotional. It wasn’t.

Fortunately police, courts, and jurors do not or at least are not supposed to hold a “if it were my mom” mentality when making decisions. If it were my mom lends itself to emotional responses over logical or legal decisions. If it were my mom mentalities leads to let’s string him up and drag him through the streets mentalities just in case my crazy azz mom said he did it and was right. Then again that line of thought seems to workout ok in Chicago..

Fortunately a very small amount of Police Officers would not think it necessary to tackle a 73 year old women, break their arm and dislocate their shoulders when detaining them. Furthermore fewer yet would probably play the video of them doing so to get accolades in their respective station.

Funny that you would think me a hypocrite. I haven’t seen any 73 old Black women with the same circumstance. I am a guy, who you can racist, all you want. I have zero white guilt!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Concealing property in the store in and of itself is a crime. The store called police. If police spent hours talking to people that want to talk in circles or simply walk away without complying to lawful commands (which they were she concealed property until confronted by store personnel and the store chose to call police). Police would spend all day talking in circles to people who aren’t going to comply, claim they aren’t guilty and want to argue. Police are on timelines and expect to have lawful basic orders followed. If she had looked confused I’d have more compassion. It’s unfortunate but she looked like a run of the mill shoplifting that didn’t want to stop and deal with the police. Police don’t have all day for that.

I hope they break your neck someday when you're old and forget things. It's too bad that you'll have to wait until then, you sick SOB.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland

And we are all still waiting on you to explain why laughing about it afterwards while she was in the cell with no medical care was OK too.

Because you won’t. It’s not cool or professional and was dumb. Especially in this day and age. Looked at another way and germaine to the case if they had felt like they had broken the law they’d likely have been back pedaling or at minimum keeping quiet. Being unprofessional with comments after the fact and an azz is not the same as being legally wrong. Odds are it will Bite them just as the smug look did on the face of the MN cop did. Appearances mater when dealing with people that “think” with emotions and “if that were my mom” mentality’s.

I’m pretty sure that you’re a good dude but we’re just not going to agree on this one

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Because you won’t. It’s not cool or professional and was dumb. Especially in this day and age. Looked at another way and germaine to the case if they had felt like they had broken the law they’d likely have been back pedaling or at minimum keeping quiet. Being unprofessional with comments after the fact and an azz is not the same as being legally wrong. Odds are it will Bite them just as the smug look did on the face of the MN cop did. Appearances mater when dealing with people that “think” with emotions and “if that were my mom” mentality’s.

I’m pretty sure that you’re a good dude but we’re just not going to agree on this one

You can't separate it from the case, and if it's in front of a jury, it will be front and center. Tells a person a lot about the people they are trying to make a judgement on. There wouldn't be near the outcry over this without the behavior afterward, Heck, that's even the title of the thread. Not the takedown. The takedown was excessive. The behavior afterward was sadistic. There is no room for that in any profession. It won't end well for one or two of them, and it shouldn't. They cooked their own goose.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Cops are too fuuckin stupid to realize public opinion is turning against them and modify their behavior/tactics to do something to change that. We've all seen that they absolutely do selectively enforce the law and that there are multiple sets of standards depending on who you are. Otherwise such as the ANTIFA/BLM thugs and Hunter Biden would all be beaten and bruised and rotting in jail. They clearly work for the rogue government and not the people/taxpayers who pay their salaries. If that keeps up, one day it will bite them in the ass hard and permanent and they will have earned it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The same idea as Portland and Seattle, Rita is a Washington cop so you know where his interests lay

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
From what I understand Seattle is working on some such therapist type first responder solution..

What you “understand” about what Seattle is doing couldn’t be more incorrect if you tried. Seattle police have had these resources on payroll for several years, Seattle Fire also has a community response team with social workers as do most major King County Fire departments.

I was involved in a similar situation to this just a few weeks ago. Elderly lady shoplifted and then walked away. Police were called and contacted her and she tried to walk away from them. She wasn’t registering what the officers were saying so they quickly deduced she may have dementia and gently corralled her. They couldn’t find any ID so they called for the Fire department and ambulance. She was transported to the ED where the police met her and worked with the hospital social worker to find out who she was and where she belonged. Shortly after a local dementia facility called for a lost resident and she was transported back to the facility.

No rough take downs, no cuffs, no broken arms etc. oh and by the way the police department was none other then Seattle Police.

I can also tell you that I’ve had countless interactions with Seattle Police involving mental health, dementia, drugs etc and have NEVER witnessed a single officer act as you condone.

But what do I know I’ve only worked ambulances in Seattle and King County for the last 21 years, done a stint as a swat medic and my oldest son is a police officer for a lock department so I probably don’t have to guess.......

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
From what I understand Seattle is working on some such therapist type first responder solution..

What you “understand” about what Seattle is doing couldn’t be more incorrect if you tried. Seattle police have had these resources on payroll for several years, Seattle Fire also has a community response team with social workers as do most major King County Fire departments.

I was involved in a similar situation to this just a few weeks ago. Elderly lady shoplifted and then walked away. Police were called and contacted her and she tried to walk away from them. She wasn’t registering what the officers were saying so they quickly deduced she may have dementia and gently corralled her. They couldn’t find any ID so they called for the Fire department and ambulance. She was transported to the ED where the police met her and worked with the hospital social worker to find out who she was and where she belonged. Shortly after a local dementia facility called for a lost resident and she was transported back to the facility.

No rough take downs, no cuffs, no broken arms etc. oh and by the way the police department was none other then Seattle Police.

I can also tell you that I’ve had countless interactions with Seattle Police involving mental health, dementia, drugs etc and have NEVER witnessed a single officer act as you condone.

But what do I know I’ve only worked ambulances in Seattle and King County for the last 21 years, done a stint as a swat medic and my oldest son is a police officer for a lock department so I probably don’t have to guess.......

Anyone that will tackle s 73 year old has no business, none being a LEO

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N

I don’t agree with you either, and it would be a bad day for one of my coppers if they were involved.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (007FJ, 1911a1, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 59 invisible), 2,609 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,720
Posts18,514,214
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.