G
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Yeah.

I suspected as much.

Ah, TRH, it's so good to see you back to your old tricks!! Just a word of advice, though... don't try picking up ol' cockwomble91's habits & techniques of sophistry and dissimulation... it's beneath you. You're quite kooky enough all on your own.

You're still your old humorless self, I see.

People are discussing serious matters of life and serious disability, and perhaps death. Where's the humor in that?

They are? Most of this thread was about some Poindexter with thick glasses showing off his rifles to derail the subject at hand.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Can we get back to blaming the Jews please...

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Fakeccine is just a suppository popular only so covtards can feel less "tardy".

"See, there's a vaccine now, so I'm *not* stupid!"

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

We know the motivation for all the fake news pushed by the left. I fail to understand the motivation behind the fake news fed to us by conservative media.

I am baffled as well, but I suspect there's a good bit of pure meanness and spite, as a flavoring to their partisan politics. But there's been a metric tonne of bu l l s h i t from a bunch of sites and sources. I've given up trying to keep the bafflegab straight.

I will say that the antivax movement has gained a lot of traction over the past 20 years, in part due to the slickness of their presentations on the innanet, and in part due to the appallingly low level of scientific literacy of the average American.

My cousin reports that she has seen no flu patients in almost a year.

I understand that sales of Tami-flu are nonexistent.

Have you seen similar in your practice?

Have Covid inspired restrictions eliminated the flu for the 20-21 season?

It's been interesting, and yes, I've seen the same thing in my ER's. My primary shop has a crackerjack lab panel, and we don't just do flu swabs for respiratory illnesses, we do a multi-organism Respiratory Virus Panel on many of our cases (it's a default setting if flu swab comes up negative). So we have numbers showing that not only has influenza been almost nonexistent, but infections due to Parainfluenza virus, Adenovirus, Respiratory Syncitial virus, and many others have been almost nonexistent as well.

This is not some vast global conspiracy to hide influenza deaths in the COVID numbers, as some of our rocket scientists are claiming. Our labs are simply not finding anything close to the infection rate of a host of viral respiratory pathogens, going back to last spring.

There is a lot of speculation about this, a lot of theorizing, but the broad brushstrokes seem to be that in the world of viral ecology, the various respiratory pathogens exist in a sort of steady-state with each other, competing for a limited number of susceptible human hosts. CoV2 as a novel virus was/is able to out-compete the usual villains for this susceptible population, and has driven the others into the background. They are still there, just not in numbers even close to what we usually see. It's gonna be interesting to see how this plays out when the fall virus season hits us.

As for Tamiflu, it's a useless drug that Big Pharma has been flogging with great profitability. I'm glad to see it's hurting the bastards where it counts, in their pocketbook.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Yeah.

I suspected as much.

Ah, TRH, it's so good to see you back to your old tricks!! Just a word of advice, though... don't try picking up ol' cockwomble91's habits & techniques of sophistry and dissimulation... it's beneath you. You're quite kooky enough all on your own.

You're still your old humorless self, I see.

People are discussing serious matters of life and serious disability, and perhaps death. Where's the humor in that?

They are? Most of this thread was about some Poindexter with thick glasses showing off his rifles to derail the subject at hand.

The natural balance of the Fire never fails to surprise me. The hunting content defeated strongest of China's soldiers in his own thread.

IC B2

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
5 at once, that makes for exciting times and confusion ie which one do I scare the schit out of first! laugh

IIRC my partner and I had 4-5 come in at once, but they were in different spots,one here, one behind me or one to his left/right and we killed none!

That's usually how it goes. We were very lucky on that one. I have a great photo of my yodel-dog... his eyes were popped out like a cartoon character from the Roger Rabbit movie...

I head shot this one purely by luck, it just crested a hill and was on its way down the other side when I pulled the trigger.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I

We know the motivation for all the fake news pushed by the left. I fail to understand the motivation behind the fake news fed to us by conservative media.

I am baffled as well, but I suspect there's a good bit of pure meanness and spite, as a flavoring to their partisan politics. But there's been a metric tonne of bu l l s h i t from a bunch of sites and sources. I've given up trying to keep the bafflegab straight.

I will say that the antivax movement has gained a lot of traction over the past 20 years, in part due to the slickness of their presentations on the innanet, and in part due to the appallingly low level of scientific literacy of the average American.

My cousin reports that she has seen no flu patients in almost a year.

I understand that sales of Tami-flu are nonexistent.

Have you seen similar in your practice?

Have Covid inspired restrictions eliminated the flu for the 20-21 season?

It's been interesting, and yes, I've seen the same thing in my ER's. My primary shop has a crackerjack lab panel, and we don't just do flu swabs for respiratory illnesses, we do a multi-organism Respiratory Virus Panel on many of our cases (it's a default setting if flu swab comes up negative). So we have numbers showing that not only has influenza been almost nonexistent, but infections due to Parainfluenza virus, Adenovirus, Respiratory Syncitial virus, and many others have been almost nonexistent as well.

This is not some vast global conspiracy to hide influenza deaths in the COVID numbers, as some of our rocket scientists are claiming. Our labs are simply not finding anything close to the infection rate of a host of viral respiratory pathogens, going back to last spring.

There is a lot of speculation about this, a lot of theorizing, but the broad brushstrokes seem to be that in the world of viral ecology, the various respiratory pathogens exist in a sort of steady-state with each other, competing for a limited number of susceptible human hosts. CoV2 as a novel virus was/is able to out-compete the usual villains for this susceptible population, and has driven the others into the background. They are still there, just not in numbers even close to what we usually see. It's gonna be interesting to see how this plays out when the fall virus season hits us.

As for Tamiflu, it's a useless drug that Big Pharma has been flogging with great profitability. I'm glad to see it's hurting the bastards where it counts, in their pocketbook.

Thank you for the insight. Perhaps a few will read and actually consider the facts.

And thanks for the opinion on Tamiflu. I have never purchased any. Now I will not in the future,

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by JoeBob
]So, vaccinated immunity is better than naturally acquired immunity?

Don't be disingenuous.

Originally Posted by JoeBob

And the vaccines provide immunity not only from symptoms but limit the spread? I’ve not seen that. Mostly they are saying that vaccinated individuals can still acquire Covid and spread it.

I'm not sure who "they" are, but if you say "they" are saying that, they sound pretty poorly informed. The literature is pretty clear that infections can occur in vaccinated persons, but at a significantly lower rate. The severity of illness infected persons with acute disease is much lower than in non-vaccinated control groups, and hospitalizations are very much reduced.

The assertion that asymptomatic persons can infect others has been made and repeated many times over the past year, mostly by politicians and politically motivated docs like Fauci and Brix, but there is little (in my view zero) reliable evidence of this in the literature and the preponderance of evidence argues strongly against it being anything but a rare anomaly.

So, once again, is vaccinated immunity superior to natural immunity?

And, I see that your answer is “yes” that one can still get and pass Covid after being vaccinated.

Here is what I will tell you. I have not worn a mask in any store or public situation in a year. I never wore one. I have not instituted any other Covid precautions either. I have continued my normal activities and don’t wash my hands any more than normal or anything else. In that year my wife had it, my father had it, my best friends had it, my sister had it, her husband had it, her husband’s 92 year old father had it, and numerous others. I spent six hours unmasked in a vehicle with someone who had it. I have not so much as run a slight fever or had a sniffle in that time. None of those people, including my 83 year old dad and the 92 year old had to be hospitalized. The 92 year old wouldn’t even have known he was sick except that his wife got it and he was tested.

So, forgive me if I don’t feel the need to be vaccinated about something as insignificant as this condition appears to be.

Last edited by JoeBob; 05/03/21.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Forgive me, I misinterpreted your question. I do not see any conclusive evidence yet that there is any superiority of either naturally acquired or vaccine mediated immunity. That will no doubt become clearer with time. I'm still on the fence on this one, myself.

Persons who have symptomatic CoV2 are indeed capable of infecting others, just like any other infectious disease. There is a widespread suspicion that they are less infectious than non-vaccinated cases, but I haven't seen any hard data to prove that.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Forgive me, I misinterpreted your question. I do not see any conclusive evidence yet that there is any superiority of either naturally acquired or vaccine mediated immunity. That will no doubt become clearer with time. I'm still on the fence on this one, myself.

Persons who have symptomatic CoV2 are indeed capable of infecting others, just like any other infectious disease.

Then lose the pretense of the vaccine being anything other than a personal preference. They likely do not stop the spread nor does anyone owe anyone else anything. In the US today, anyone wants to get the vaccine can get it. If they get it and the vaccine works, they’ll be protected. Anyone who doesn’t get it, is merely making a personal decision. It is no different than the flu vaccine. You get it if you want it. If not, you take your chances. The flu will still be around either way.

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Again, if all you can see here is "what's in it for me", I don't see any point in further discussion with you.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Again, if all you can see here is "what's in it for me", I don't see any point in further discussion with you.

That’s not it at all. It’s just that no one has made a convincing case that it does anything at all for the greater good.

As for the disappearance of flu, let’s be realistic. What makes more sense? That a disease that has infected millions of people every single year for more or less the entire history of the human race in essence disappeared in less than a calendar year, or that there is a significant amount of misdiagnosis going on?

I can think of an extremely obvious reason why the tests results are the way they are.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

If that's the case, is being vaccinated for CoV2, leave an opening for other viruses that might be in the steady-state background?

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
E
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
E

If your numbers are as correct as you think they are: 3,305 vaccine deaths out of 100,000,000 vaccinated or 234,000,000 doses given.
Equals .0033% chance of a fatality from the vaccine.

Vaccine adverse effects are usually calculated per dose, so this means 3305/234,000,000 = 0.000014% fatality rate (putative).

Flu – 25 (1 yr deaths) / 195,000,000 (1 yr doses) = .00000013%

.00000013 % - percentage deaths p/yr from flu shot
.000014 % - percentage deaths p/yr from CV19 shot

.000014%(CV19) / .00000013%(Flu) = 10,769% (CV19 shot has 107 times more chance of killing you than the “proven” safe seasonal flu shot.

That's just in the first 4 months. Multiply it by 3 to get a true flu year vs CV19 year true comparison.....CV19 is 324 times deadlier than the flu shot in year over year comparison, yet these clowns state they are safe. laughable. If you didn't have a tyranny government overseeing a genocide, they would be removed from the market.

97% of "combined" deaths from all vaccine shots in the first four months of 2021 are from the deadly Covid-19 shot. There are over 100 deaths from all other vaccine shots, when leaving out the Covid-19 death number. Actual counts are many times higher, just the same as the actual number of people exposed to Covid-19 was only 10% by the numbers.

You can lie all you want to and resort to your school yard name calling, and continue to be the mentally sick cyberstalking troll you’ve thoroughly proven yourself to be in this thread from the very beginning, while I handed your toadies their azzes on a Silver Platter, but you can not dispute one single scientific fact from the studies I’ve produced, which makes your mentally sick cyberstalking blather worthless from having any scientific medical validity whatsoever. You actually attempting to disprove the proven studies is hilarious in and of itself, being some are “peer reviewed” and are now accepted proof, while others are simply awaiting peer review, but they all have been proven to repeat in the lab.

Keep in mind that "vaccine deaths" are recorded in much the same manner as COVID deaths, which is to say there is probably some fudging of the numbers, depending on the agenda of the person relating the tally.

Here above is the standard obfuscation with zero facts to back up the claim. Yes, the deaths are off, and are most likely severely “under” reported just like the true number of infected were underreported.

There is already evidence out they are not counting deaths from reactions from the CV19 shots as deaths from the CV19 shot.

These self-styled rocket scientists on this thread who do arithmetic and call it mathematics aren't worth taking the time to respond to for a lot of reasons, not the least of which because they have refused to grasp the simple fact from the outset that adverse outcomes from any vaccine are expected. Vaccines are always a calculated gamble of risks vs benefits. People take a risk any time they take a vaccine for any illness, and it's usually a very small risk for a potentially great gain. The preliminary trials showed an acceptable level of risk to benefit. So far, the clinical results are bearing that out. Only time will tell how great a benefit it will confer on the human population worldwide, but I'm betting it will be pretty large.

Pretty sad watching someone attempt to justify a genocide, when the numbers prove it is a genocide. Notice how docrocket attempts to overshadow the extremely high percentage of deaths with the claim “adverse outcomes from any vaccine are expected”, but doesn’t show the math which proves the dangerous spread between a safe shot and a deadly one, like I have.
Using alarmist stories from antivax activist sources, as a lot of folks are doing both here and all over social media, does not constitute sharing of information. It is merely the mindless repitition of propaganda.

More lies as he claims these world renowned doctors, who have released their “peer reviewed” studies to the world for review are “antivax activist sources”. And here again, if the material was junk, why can’t docrocket show the people here any one article I’ve posted to be incorrect, and bolding the specific part that is not correct. And you have to dispute with “scientific evidence, not an “opinion” from a mentally deranged cyberstalking troll that is not scientifically backed up with irrefutable scientific evidence.
Originally Posted by Docrocket
But as I said, it's pretty much pointless to argue with these folks. Their minds are made up. I'm enjoying the pics of hunting and shooting activities a lot, though.

Yeah, I guess I’d appreciate the hunting pictures too, while a bunch of mentally deranged cyber stalkers roll this thread off the front page continually that could help save people’s lives, if I made a complete fool out of myself, like he did when he first cyber stalked me on this thread I created, when this thread is being continually loaded with hard scientific irrefutable proof of the mass murder of innocent citizens, and it proving to those he told the shot was safe is being irrefutably proven wrong.

Just remember, I’m posting hard scientific evidence developed in labs.

Docrocket is posting lying propaganda, with “zero” evidence.

The reason they came at this thread “hard” in the last day is because those reports concerning the S1 protein (Spike protein) being pathogenic, and is a complete spike through the heart of this Genocide. The main stream commie media has all hands on deck presently as they attempt to erase all of this latest info hitting the public domain, kinda like 'ole docrocket too, with his attempts to discredit the proven scientific facts with "zero facts". I think they call that a swing-and-a-miss.

Any credible doctor would be confirming the solid info I’m posting, as they are around the world presently as they shake their heads in wonderment as to why the shots are still allowed to be given, and instructing people to hold off until this information is further reviewed, even though some is already peer reviewed. Yet these mentally deranged cyber stalkers here want people to commit suicide essentially with the new evidence these shots destroy your vascular / pulmonary system.

What kind of mentally deranged person would look at these credible studies, concerning the Spike Protein has been proven to be deadly when separated from the virus, and still tell someone they are safe?

Sick, huh?

Yeah, I thought you people would think so too……you out here who are capable of actually reading the truth.

Just remember, ole docrocket says people like me aren't worth the time. Reverse psychology to discredit me to his toady followers. He would take the time if he could refute the studies with hard scientific evidence, but everyone reading this can obviously see he can't. He would be a fool in attempting to do so, because I'd just hand his azz to him again on a Silver Platter, like I did at the beginning after trolling me in this thread.

Hey doc, a Covid-19 shot being 324 times deadlier than the flu shot isn't safe.

Last edited by ElkSlayer91; 05/03/21.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
JoeBob, it's a relative risk, like anything else. Your chance of dying from CoV2 if you catch it is low, as you rightly point out. (But if you DO get hospitalized in an ICU and die, it's a slow and pretty sch!tty death.) And as I replied to Idaho Shooter above, your risk of dying from the vaccine is really, really low. The difference in relative risks of the two is quite substantial, which even an arithmetician can see, I'm sure.

When you were vaccinated as a kid against measles, mumps, and rubella, your chance of dying from one of those diseases was very small, but not zero. For vulnerable kids, like those with cerebral palsy, or leukemia, congenital heart disease, however, the risk of death from those disease was much, much higher. Your risk of dying from the vaccine was significantly smaller than anyone's risk of dying from the disease, which is why the public health system and your parents made the decision to go ahead with your vaccine as a kid.

The benefits of the MMR vaccine did not just accrue to you, however. By vaccinating 85%+ of the kid population we reduced the overall incidence of those diseases in the entire population, which in turn meant that. By getting YOU vaccinated, your parents (and the PH system) conferred a far greater level of protection for the vulnerable kids. As a consequence a lot of those kids got past their dire childhood diseases and grew up to become productive members of society.

I didn't get the Pfizer vaccine because I was afraid of getting CoV2. I got it because I know that if I get it, and you get it, and 75-85% of the population gets it, a lot of nice old grannies won't get it and die from it. See WyColoCowboy's post 2 up from here as I write this.

But if you persist in seeing this as a "what's in it for me" question, there's not much I can say to help you.

Excellent post and a great explanation of herd immunity as evidenced by the MMR vax.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
JoeBob, it's a relative risk, like anything else. Your chance of dying from CoV2 if you catch it is low, as you rightly point out. (But if you DO get hospitalized in an ICU and die, it's a slow and pretty sch!tty death.) And as I replied to Idaho Shooter above, your risk of dying from the vaccine is really, really low. The difference in relative risks of the two is quite substantial, which even an arithmetician can see, I'm sure.

When you were vaccinated as a kid against measles, mumps, and rubella, your chance of dying from one of those diseases was very small, but not zero. For vulnerable kids, like those with cerebral palsy, or leukemia, congenital heart disease, however, the risk of death from those disease was much, much higher. Your risk of dying from the vaccine was significantly smaller than anyone's risk of dying from the disease, which is why the public health system and your parents made the decision to go ahead with your vaccine as a kid.

The benefits of the MMR vaccine did not just accrue to you, however. By vaccinating 85%+ of the kid population we reduced the overall incidence of those diseases in the entire population, which in turn meant that. By getting YOU vaccinated, your parents (and the PH system) conferred a far greater level of protection for the vulnerable kids. As a consequence a lot of those kids got past their dire childhood diseases and grew up to become productive members of society.

I didn't get the Pfizer vaccine because I was afraid of getting CoV2. I got it because I know that if I get it, and you get it, and 75-85% of the population gets it, a lot of nice old grannies won't get it and die from it. See WyColoCowboy's post 2 up from here as I write this.

But if you persist in seeing this as a "what's in it for me" question, there's not much I can say to help you.

Excellent post and a great explanation of herd immunity as evidenced by the MMR vax.

So the only way here immunity will be achieved is by the vaccine? That’s your position? Is it true herd immunity if one can still get and pass Covid after taking the vaccine?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

“Discussion”? Lol! All Sock-Pocket does is incessantly spew Demonrat propaganda, along with Old Poot. I’m sorry Old Poot, I’m a subhuman “Goy”; what do I know? I bow in humble submission to you and Sock Pocket’s superior intellectual prowess; I was out of line

Smith and Wessons are Thoroughbreds; Rugers are Clydesdales —John Taffin
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Yawn . WGAF about anything else related to the Bologna Virus? Seriously ? LOL

Bob

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ruger4Life

“Discussion”? Lol! All Sock-Pocket does is incessantly spew Demonrat propaganda, along with Old Poot. I’m sorry Old Poot, I’m a subhuman “Goy”; what do I know? I bow in humble submission to you and Sock Pocket’s superior intellectual prowess; I was out of line

You guys know this dipschit Ruger4Life is Happy Camper's sock puppet.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
One ever said it was the only way. You're interpreting information that is not presented in that post. Funny thing, science. You can never assume anything until it's been studied appropriately in a scientific manner. Herd immunity doesn't have to be 100%, but the closer the better. With CoV2 I'm not sure what that number is...75%? 80%? Pure speculation on my part. I do think it's achievable with folks who are vaccinated coupled with those who've had the virus and developed antibodies. Mutations are inevitable, so time is a factor too. CoV2 is novel and the scientific community is learning on the fly as evidenced by Doc Rocket's continual reading of scientific literature from so many different sources. Evidenced based medicine has been very good to all of us and there's no reason to expect it won't be with CoV2. We just have to see how it plays out. As Doc said, the fall season will be interesting.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Page 17 of 26 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 160user, 66 invisible), 2,470 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,445
Posts18,489,618
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.