Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
The lowest Signature Zee ring is medium.
It is slightly higher than regular Zee medium.
Weaver bases can be of lower profile, compared to Pic rails.

Ran a set of Sig Med on my Steyr w pic rail and it was too high ( usable but not what I wanted ).

Regular Zee lows made it mo betta.

Checked everything before dropping a VX3I in em.
Mounted it all up, torqued to spec, then took apart
No ring marks.

Prefer rhe signature system, but too tall for this app.

Last edited by hookeye; 05/08/21.
GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Depends on your goal. Most of my rifles wear a 20 moa rail, and often I'll run the Signature inserts to add even more minutes. Hate to leave free minutes of elevation sitting on the table. Obviously if not shooting at extended ranges you don't need it.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
Ok "rocket surgeon."

If you followed the whole thread, you would have seen where reference was made to info being in the literature (instructions) that was not there. And links to information striaght from the manucturer were provided to make design features clear. This was all done to help the OP follow the leads to help him make an intelligent decision about his planned purchase.

It was this condesending comment: "It didn't take a rocket surgeon to figure it out and I didn't have to call Burris for help and instructions either." That earned you the title of azz hole.

But, you do like the rings as do I and all that replied. That is the take away. The Signature ZEE Ring is my go to ring as well.

If YOU followed the whole thread, dipshidt, and actually read the links that hookeye provided, on Rimfire Central, (that is the RC in my post) you might have a clue as to what i was talking about. Instead you think everything is about YOU!

The only person that is condesending and confrontational in this thread is YOU both to hookeye and myself.

Did you miss your nappy time and pissed at the world today?

You sound exactly like that Elkslayer character, spewing a load of crap and having to get the last word in every time to justify your waste of oxygen.
So much so I am sure you guys are one and the same, sock puppets!

Take a Valium, do a couple shots, chill out and GFY you POS name calling low life.

OK last word guy, have at it. It's all about you.

My apologies OP, hope you can get some helpful info out of your post, in spite of this guy.

I did read the links provided by all "rocket surgeon". And now you know who is going by what name...Elkslayer?

Take a Valium, do a couple shots, chill out and GFY you POS name calling low life.

Right back at you.

The Signature ZEE rings are a great way to go, whither you have to tweek them or not.

Disclaimer: Just an opinion.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael
RR,

Interesting, these will go on an EGW rail, I guess I'll find out.

Thanks again to all.

I measured the width of my Burris EXTREME Picatinny 2-Piece Bases. They measure .8230 and .8225 at the widest point. The ZEE Rings fit perfect with this width. Don't know the width of your EGW rail - but I'm sure it is very close.

Hope the measurement helps. I'd be interested to know how the rings worked with the EGW base. I will be rescoping my 223 in the near furture. Would be nice to have confirmed options.

GB

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

To answer your question, No. I did not miss my nappy time and I am not pissed at the world.

It's this site. I stepped away from the site for a couple of years because of all the drama...and in 2019 I had three brain surgeries followed by seven weeks of radiation.

I thought my shooting days were over and the site only reminded me of that possibility.

I always tried my best to not get caught up in the drama. I never felt the need to be right. I was always able to sift through all the nonesense and find something of value. And, I NEVER resorted to name calling.

I've been back now for just a few weeks...and I find myself engaged in the very thing that drove me away...I am now a part of the drama.

To the OP, to all envolved in this thread...and especially to you WYcoyote...I am ashamed of my conduct.

Please accept my sincere apology.

GB

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
RR,

Thanks again to all.

I measured the width of my Burris EXTREME Picatinny 2-Piece Bases. They measure .8230 and .8225 at the widest point. The ZEE Rings fit perfect with this width. Don't know the width of your EGW rail - but I'm sure it is very close.

Hope the measurement helps. I'd be interested to know how the rings worked with the EGW base. I will be rescoping my 223 in the near furture. Would be nice to have confirmed options.

GB

The spec for picatinny rail width is 0.830"-0.835". I'm sure many mounts sold as "picatinny" do not measure as needed to meet the spec.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
RR,

Thanks again to all.

GB

The spec for picatinny rail width is 0.830"-0.835". I'm sure many mounts sold as "picatinny" do not measure as needed to meet the spec.

Thanks for the clarification. I was trying to take my measurements around a mounted scope. It is possible that they are off by that much.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

To answer your question, No. I did not miss my nappy time and I am not pissed at the world.

It's this site. I stepped away from the site for a couple of years because of all the drama...and in 2019 I had three brain surgeries followed by seven weeks of radiation.

I thought my shooting days were over and the site only reminded me of that possibility.

I always tried my best to not get caught up in the drama. I never felt the need to be right. I was always able to sift through all the nonesense and find something of value. And, I NEVER resorted to name calling.

I've been back now for just a few weeks...and I find myself engaged in the very thing that drove me away...I am now a part of the drama.

To the OP, to all envolved in this thread...and especially to you WYcoyote...I am ashamed of my conduct.

Please accept my sincere apology.

GB

GB, I also apologize for letting emotion get the best of me. I should have never let that happen.
And very sorry to hear about your health problems. Best of luck getting them put behind you and getting to do the things that you enjoy.

I, like you, am a fan of these rings, and these are the reasons why I am,

They have never left a ring mark on any scope I have mounted with them.

You can use different sizes of inserts to gain elevation travel for your scope, very much like using an offset rail, do this in the amount desired, and adjust as needed.
A good feature for the longer range shooters.

Also one can use the offset inserts to solve left or right alignment problems such as running out of adjustment on your scope from incorrectly drilled base holes on the receiver, or a barrel not squared with the action.
Even if you are not completely out of adjustment you can center things up so the turret has close to the same amount of windage travel for both left and right wind calls. Always a good thing to be close to the scope's optical center.

This is a trick I use on heavy recoiling rifles to help your scope from slipping in the inserts. When installing the rings, rough up the slick part of the nylon insert that contacts the scope with emery cloth. Take the shine off of it. I also dust this up with a bit of rosin powder. I did have a scope slide a little on my 300 WM, and doing this eliminated the problem. I now do it to all my rifles using the rings, just because I can. YMMV.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
WYcoyote,

Thank you for your gracious reply.

I like these rings for the same reasons you stated.

Your last paragraph was something I had not thought of. Good info.

GB

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
[/quote]
This is a trick I use on heavy recoiling rifles to help your scope from slipping in the inserts. When installing the rings, rough up the slick part of the nylon insert that contacts the scope with emery cloth. Take the shine off of it. I also dust this up with a bit of rosin powder. I did have a scope slide a little on my 300 WM, and doing this eliminated the problem. I now do it to all my rifles using the rings, just because I can. YMMV.
[/quote]

That is a great trick been using it for a few minutes myself LOL

I also mark the edge of the rings on a newly mounted scope with a pencil I can check that the scope doesn't move really easily,,, after I used them on a Weatherby 30-378 I figured they would hold on just about anything

Last edited by gssixgun; 05/08/21.

Slaying Orcs
IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
i have seen that on new manufacture sig zee rings i've not had to "open em up" near as often and sometimes slipping right on the weaver base.
Big Ed

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Col. Townsend Whelen
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I love the term "rocket surgeon" or "rocket surgery." I use the latter as an aphorism quite frequently. I think the concept of mixing metaphors in aphorisms denotes an uncommon level of sophistication in humor. Of course, not everyone gets it and then confusion reigns. Another one of my favorite mixed-methaphor aphorisms is "we'll burn that bridge when we get to it."

I love the Burris Zee Signature rings , and I have been using them for decades. More recently I have had a marked preference for the XTR versions of these rings; the XTR Signature Rings. The 34mm version, which I most frequently use, are made in the USA. On my match F-TR rifle, I use the 34mm XTR Signature Rings 1.5inch high in combination with a 20MOA ramp to have my riflescope very close to optical dead center at 1000 yards, the distance at which I compete most frequently. The finish on my expensive scope is safe and since I send thousands of bullets downrange every year, I like to have no movement of my scope.

Last edited by FTR_Shooter; 05/10/21.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I use these on my 99’s with the Weaver bases. They are tight on some bases, not as tight on others. I’ve had to use the offset inserts on two 99’s. I use Talley bases and rings on my bolt guns, but wouldn’t be afraid to use the signature Zee rings on them.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]where is the nearest us bank

Last edited by hanco; 05/10/21.
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
As a follow-up, the rings arrived today and I mounted them without any drama. Removed the cross screws and slid them on from the ends, didn't have to open the clamps up.

Didn't try them on Weaver bases, have used them before and worked perfectly.

Thanks again to you all.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (160user, 1badf350, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 1minute, 70 invisible), 2,543 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,190
Posts18,503,409
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.