Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by CCCC
Meet pretty girl. Meet pretty girls family.Ask questions about retards in the family and genetic info like diabetes, cancer, etc. Figure out her work ethic and political beliefs. Find out what her beliefs are when it comes to kids and parental roles. If it all lines up, ask the dad for her hand and voila. Ain't rocket science.
Sometimes even much less scientific than that - no thought of questions about genetics, diseases, politics, work ethics in the fam - two bright people fall deeply into love and commit one to another - simple winner.
If you don't care about what your kids might be, or don't plan on having kids then I'd agree. kinda. If you marry young you have to either take it on faith, or look to her raising to see the likely behavior pattern for later life. If you marry old enough she's got a proven track record of work ethic than that can be amended. I don't care how hot she is, if her brother has a soft spot in the back of his head, and sister has flippers for limbs I'm not intentionally breeding with her.
Different thinkers do it differently, so results are likely to differ - but in your quote, you you left out this part of my post - " understand the depths of the partner, want that depth". I trust that was not a convenient omission.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
If you want to criticize firearm safety, this one likely is more appropriate. Desert Shield, 1991.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

They shouldn't be doing that.

It's really stupid.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I get it, but I've been in a bunch of relationships now over the past year and before, and this one is different. I understand your skepticism, but this one is different.

I'm not skeptical.

I was just making a joke.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have three ex wives somewhere. Don't really care. Married to my wife now for 28+ years. We have yet to have a fight. I know every hot button she has, and I just don't push them.

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
“When a woman marries a man she thinks that she can change him.

When a man marries a woman he thinks that she will never change.

Neither one is true.”

Seems as good a truism as any.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
No chance an "empty" firearm can go off.

Yes, they can. I've seen it happen.

It had no ammo in it and was pointed at the ground.

I took control of the unloaded pistol immediately after the pic.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I slept with loaded firearms for months at a time in the Marines. I think I have this down.

I can't imagine sleeping without a loaded firearm or two next to me.
I hope you've found your soul mate for life. There's nothing better in life than having your wife as your best friend.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by deflave

They shouldn't be doing that.

It's really stupid.

If I ever see them again, which is exceedingly unlikely, I will let them know you feel that way.

That was 30 years ago when they were in their early 20s in a war zone 10,000 miles from home. The actual external threats to their existence were so much greater than those to a civilian sitting at home criticizing others on the internet that they likely didn’t really feel, comparably, all that threatened by playing around with unloaded firearms. Just some context.

Note that we were required, during training, to point real weapons that were unloaded or loaded with blanks and pull the trigger while pointing them squarely at Marines on the other team. I guess that's just as stupid.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
This is one time when you really don’t need to try to have the last word deflave.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Meet pretty girl. Meet pretty girls family.Ask questions about retards in the family and genetic info like diabetes, cancer, etc. Figure out her work ethic and political beliefs. Find out what her beliefs are when it comes to kids and parental roles. If it all lines up, ask the dad for her hand and voila. Ain't rocket science.
Sometimes even much less scientific than that - no thought of questions about genetics, diseases, politics, work ethics in the fam - two bright people fall deeply into love, understand the depths of the partner, want that depth, and commit one to another - simple winner.
Are you retarded?
Maybe - see no way to know - experienced testimony could be helpful. Kindly explain what it is like to be a real retard.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Again, in RETROSPECT, the most appropriate answer is "F'k your mother.'"

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I could only be so picky. laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Congrats Marinehawk...... odds are not on your side though.... wink

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Maybe - see no way to know - experienced testimony could be helpful. Kindly explain what it is like to be a real retard.

Ask a non-friend.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Divorce rates:

1st marriage = 50%
2nd marriage = 67%
3rd marriage =74%

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Divorce rates:

1st marriage = 50%
2nd marriage = 67%
3rd marriage =74%

I didn’t know it was so high

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by hanco
Divorce rates:

1st marriage = 50%
2nd marriage = 67%
3rd marriage =74%

I didn’t know it was so high

Now lets drill down on that a bit.

Approximate rate at which divorce if filed for by men:

1st marriage = 10%
2nd marriage = 13.4%
3rd marriage =14.8%

And conversely

Approximate rate at which divorce if filed for by women:

1st marriage = 40%
2nd marriage = 53.6%
3rd marriage =59.2%

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 05/17/21.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
^ Exactly...so while he's at work, working on his first heart attack, she's home riding her personal trainer.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
^ Exactly...so while he's at work, working on his first heart attack, she's home riding her personal trainer.

Yes.

Married women now cheat more than married men.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Wow, that's quite a shift in the numbers. It would be interesting to see what a good forensic accountant could do with the money numbers...in other words, would it be cheaper to hire professionals for janitorial, culinary and personal needs? I think most of us would be better off hiring professionals. I envy the guys who 'single source' and are happy with the arrangement.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Wow, that's quite a shift in the numbers. It would be interesting to see what a good forensic accountant could do with the money numbers...in other words, would it be cheaper to hire professionals for janitorial, culinary and personal needs? I think most of us would be better off hiring professionals. I envy the guys who 'single source' and are happy with the arrangement.

If you are interested in an analysis on the ROI (return on investment) written by an economist I suggest "The Book of Numbers Analyzing the ROI on the Pursuit of Women"

https://www.amazon.com/Book-Numbers...of+numbers&qid=1621263752&sr=8-1

They guys a bit of a pessimist, but the numbers are sound. If you are single I suggest you read it. If you have sons or grandson that are single I suggest you read it. What you do with that data is up to you.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

390 members (16penny, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 11point, 1beaver_shooter, 55 invisible), 2,548 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,668
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.