Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by 700LH
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by copperking81
Originally Posted by 700LH
Don't forget to get your booster shot,,,,,,laffin at the scardycats

Big Bad Woke!

The irony of the "woke" crowd is , well special.....
He calls us scared .... lmao.... another closet liberal thinker.... it is a mental disorder.... he will fit in fine in the brave new world of woketards...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Big Bad Woke needed his passport to get into Costco.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by MM879
I'm not against Covid vaccines and got the Moderna version with no issues. I have a graduate degree in

So, are you going to take on 812,000 arguments? Think

Let me help you with your struggles Sparky. They are saying that they analyzed 812,000 posts that contained disinformation. I know this comes as a surprise to liberals, but saying something is wrong doesn't make it so. You'd think, in order to bolster their argument that they would give an example or two of what some of the disinformation was posted and support their claim that it is wrong with citations. That'ts what scientists are supposed to do. On top of that, if you are urging the platforms to strike the content and block the users, then from a moral standpoint, it would seem you'd want to support your claim that the content was wrong/incorrect/misinformation.

I know those concepts seem foreign to you.
[/quote]

The point they were making is they analyzed 812,000 posts with disinformation and they traced back to 12 people. Big numbers rarely lie.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I'm not against Covid vaccines and got the Moderna version with no issues. I have a graduate degree in

Let me help you with your struggles Sparky. They are saying that they analyzed 812,000 posts that contained disinformation. I know this comes as a surprise to liberals, but saying something is wrong doesn't make it so. You'd think, in order to bolster their argument that they would give an example or two of what some of the disinformation was posted and support their claim that it is wrong with citations. That'ts what scientists are supposed to do. On top of that, if you are urging the platforms to strike the content and block the users, then from a moral standpoint, it would seem you'd want to support your claim that the content was wrong/incorrect/misinformation.

The point they were making is they analyzed 812,000 posts with disinformation and they traced back to 12 people. Big numbers rarely lie. [/quote]

Are your fake alive relatives vaccinated yet? Or are we going to hear about their fake deaths next?

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Raeford
Doc, I respect your opinions and appreciate your willingness to put out helpful information.

Can you explain why someone with natural antibodies[contracted it] would need the vaccine?

P.S. I would venture a guess that the 'vax business' is also quite profitable, no?

Interesting that Doc would start a topic of discussion and not attend the discussion. I'd like to know the answer to that question as well.

Sorry, fellas, I put that post up and then got sidetracked by a few pieces of Real Life, and had to step away for a bit. Looks like the usual suspects have jumped on with a will in my absence, no surprises there!

My short answer to your question, Raeford, is that I don’t think a person who’s had a documented case of COVID pneumonitis (or the bronchitis form, or possibly even the GI symptoms, although I’m a lot less sure of this last one) “needs” a vaccine at this time. Will they “need” one in a year? I dunno.

My reading of the actual science of this, as opposed to the rumor-repetitions that pass for information on most social media platforms including this one, is that a real infection is going to do a lot more than just trigger antibody production. Most important here is activation of cellular/T-cell immunity, which is a major component of your immune systems’s ability to recognize and fight off viral pathogens. Vaccines like Pfizer and Moderna aren’t expected to stimulate much of a cellular immunity at all, but that may prove out differently as we observe the effects over time. A lot of my expert colleagues think that those of us who were significantly exposed but didn’t get sick may have had robust antibody libraries on hand from other coronavirus infections, but also probably robust T-cell defenses.

This may be one of the few benefits of working ER medicine... we get exposed to every viral plague that runs through our communities, so we tend to not get sick very often. I was exposed to several very sick COVID cases early in the epidemic, in very high exposure environments... intubating them at close quarters, breathing their germs right in my face... and this was before we knew to put on spacesuits to protect ourselves. By rights I should have been one of the first infected, but I didn’t get so much as a sniffle.

I expect most folks who truly had COVID, as opposed to a sniffle and a positive lab test ( I have been as skeptical of the positive lab test results as many of you here, btw), will do fine for at least a year without a vaccine.

Last edited by DocRocket; 05/19/21. Reason: Intubating, not incubating... jeez...

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
The point they were making is they analyzed 812,000 posts with disinformation and they traced back to 12 people. Big numbers rarely lie.

Disinformation, or opposing information?

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
With all due respect Doc, that's some happy horse shixt.

I knew I could count on ya to jump right on this one, ee.

Sadly, I think the data mining is quite likely true. The named malefactors in the article are dry well known for playing fast and loose with facts, and the ones I recognize are affiliated with some very profitable “non-profit” organizations.

YMMV

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson

Disinformation, or opposing information?

Nobody knows because the science website passed up on the opportunity to provide science.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Are your fake alive relatives vaccinated yet? Or are we going to hear about their fake deaths next?
[/quote]
When a liar quotes a lie, it doesn't make it true. It makes it lie squared.

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by bbassi
Never heard of ScienceAlert till just now. Doc, are you vouching for their content?

I too appreciate your insight, but this article reads like a partisan hit piece.

And I'd like to know how the anti-vaxxer's are getting rich off it exactly?

For the record, I'm still unsure what side I'm on, but I do have a general distrust of unknown media sources.

No vouching here, amigo. Just passing on some info. The second organization named in the article, Antivax Watch, has been around for a while. They are an activist group as well, so you have to take their stuff with a healthy squint in your eye, but what I have read from them in the past has been sound.

The getting rich part is easy. Just copy the PETA model. They start a tax-exempt nonprofit, they pump out a lot of misinformation that attracts like-minded people, then they hit those folks with repeated fundraising efforts.

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by deflave
I love the "anti-vax" label.

LOL

I knew you would. You’re welcome.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'll go along with the 812,000 posts they claim contained disinformation coming from the same 12 sources. It was obvious to anyone who can read at a 6th grade level that I wasn't challenging that.

How do you know it was disinformation from the "science" websites article? You don't. All you know is that the left leaning organization that analyzed who was behind what they call misinformation labeled it misinformation.

It's not asking too much of a science website to add a little science to the discussion by demonstrating how any one or two of those posts were wrong.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 05/19/21.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by bbassi
Never heard of ScienceAlert till just now. Doc, are you vouching for their content?

I too appreciate your insight, but this article reads like a partisan hit piece.

And I'd like to know how the anti-vaxxer's are getting rich off it exactly?

For the record, I'm still unsure what side I'm on, but I do have a general distrust of unknown media sources.

No vouching here, amigo. Just passing on some info. The second organization named in the article, Antivax Watch, has been around for a while. They are an activist group as well, so you have to take their stuff with a healthy squint in your eye, but what I have read from them in the past has been sound.

The getting rich part is easy. Just copy the PETA model. They start a tax-exempt nonprofit, they pump out a lot of misinformation that attracts like-minded people, then they hit those folks with repeated fundraising efforts.

812,000 posts from 12 IP addresses? I'll guarantee you there are BOTS and money flowing.

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Ringman
I know eighteen who got the vac. Three died. Those odds are not in my favor.

Yeah, that rings true all right. (Get it? Rings? Ringman? laugh ) I crack me up.

Yeah, that is utter made-up bull s h I t, and you know it, and we all know it. I know hundreds who’ve had one of the various CoV2 vaccines. Zero deaths.

Go pizz up a rope.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
With all due respect Doc, that's some happy horse shixt.

I knew I could count on ya to jump right on this one, ee.

Sadly, I think the data mining is quite likely true. The named malefactors in the article are dry well known for playing fast and loose with facts, and the ones I recognize are affiliated with some very profitable “non-profit” organizations.

YMMV

lol... a doctor complaining about others making money off disease. Tell us doc, who do you think has made more, the covid peddlers or the vaccine sceptics?

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Sounds more like , be aware there are folks that have commodified people's fear and ignorance and actively seek to exploited it with a barrage of misinformation driving traffic to their web sites.

Indeed.

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Pugs
So the message here is, if you don't have an MD, you aren't smart or educated enough to have a real opinion.

No. The message here is if you rely on one line posts and links from the Campfire idiots that post here all day with no credentials and no actual analysis then perhaps you are typical of more and more Americans who never had to actually read anything science or technology complicated and like answers they agree on spoon fed to them.

Read the link Doc posted. It names who these people are and how they are making money on their shrill moronic cries. It's not a hard read and is pretty enlightening and at least in a couple cases not surprising. However, if you want to continue to just live in the echo chamber of the same dozen folks here that think yelling loud and often makes them right be my guest.

Back to loading .270s

What a coincidence! I’m loading 270’s today myself.

Good points, btw.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
deleted

Last edited by LRoyJetson; 05/19/21.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by JoeBob

We shut down the entire world over a condition 99.7% people survive IF they catch it. I can’t imagine any commodified fear and ignorance taking part in that reasoning. Lol

You know, you and I are pretty close to agreement on this point, JoeBob. Except I think the number is probably a bit higher than 99.7%. YMMV

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ER doctors are the best doctors.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Raeford
Doc, I respect your opinions and appreciate your willingness to put out helpful information.

Can you explain why someone with natural antibodies[contracted it] would need the vaccine?

P.S. I would venture a guess that the 'vax business' is also quite profitable, no?

I posed this same question to DocRocket five weeks ago. He never responded.

Sorry I missed your question, Kingston. I don’t get on this forum as often as I might, I’m pretty busy with other stuff in RL and only stop in here every few days or so when I ah e time. I’ve tried to answer the question in another post, above.

As for the profitability of vaccine manufacture, I’m no expert and I certainly don’t have any Pfizer stock, but my understanding is that the profit margins for vaccine producers are pretty dismal, usually. However, given the vast international underwriting of the current pandemic, I expect the current vaccines are an exception to that rule.

Page 7 of 21 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

136 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 35, 44mc, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 7887mm08, 9 invisible), 1,541 guests, and 924 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,996
Posts18,481,156
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.