Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by stxhunter
some of the best workers I've had smoked weed every day.

I know a guy that managed a degree in mechanical engineering that did all right in the work place.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hanco
I wouldn’t want to do that type of work with stoned people.

Odds are you have. You've been in your trade a long time, likely well before testing. And there's always been the folks that "can handle their liquor" that show up to work every day with their BAC above the now regular 0.08 limit.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fester
THC is no more different than coffee imho.

Booze wrecks havoc on business and family Ime.

I have met some good pot heads that are extremely successful.
Good homes. Kids and family excelling in life.

Don’t put it on the weeds, man.😉

Some people just suck at life. And what they do or abuse regardless of the substance
is an excuse for sucking.

Word

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Apologies if this is has already been mentioned.

Current timber prices could be our new normal, at least for the next few years. The industry hasn’t had a true increase in 20 years.

Sure, there’s been some price flexing in both directions based on state side and overseas needs, but nothing that was considered a trued up price increase until now.

I live in timber country. I have several mills a few miles from my door stuffed with timber. A dude would think my price point would be lower based on proximity to the product. Hell No!

I’m spending a quarter mil in just lumber costs for two projects that are underway in the next few months. 2 years ago $125k would have gotten both done.

My rape whistle is broken from over use.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I haven't had wood for years.

IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Sometimes I wake up with morning wood.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Some one is getting rich and it aint the farmer. $6/T around here. I got timber that needs thinning, but not at that price.

The main purpose of thinning is to improve the growing conditions for the residual stand. If your stand needs thinning, it may be best to have it done even at a low price. It's pulpwood, it's not going to go but so high. If you do nothing, it will slowly thin itself. Trees will die and you'll get nothing for them, and the rest of the stand is more susceptible to insect attacks. Plus there's a lot of wood on the ground to fuel a fire if one gets started, although I realize that's not the same level of risk that they have out west.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Here's my post from another similar thread a short while back:

"I am a forestry consultant to small landowners. Have gotten numerous calls from clients who have seen or heard about the lumber prices and wonder if it's a good time to sell timber.

Supply and demand are different in the lumber and timber markets. Can't speak to other regions of the country but in the Southeast there is a plentiful supply of timber relative to the mill capacity, for two reasons.

One, the closing down of many smaller sawmills over the years. In the 40-odd (and I do mean odd, lol) years I've been a forester, there's been a bunch of sawmills to go out of business; their production costs were just too high to compete with modern high-volume sawmills. So with fewer, albeit high volume, mills out there, any changes in the supply-demand equation have much larger repercussions than if there were more numerous sources of lumber to be had; therefore, as demand for lumber has spiked in conjunction with COVID limiting output plus other factors, higher prices for wood products are the result. In many areas, the housing market is hot for reasons that have been well documented, so even if the mills' output had not been compromised by COVID, we would have seen lumber prices go up. The good news is that more mill capacity is being added and should help bring things into a better equilibrium over the next several years. Also, I personally don't see how the housing market can stay like it is forever.

The second factor is the more intense forest management that has been evolving over the years and really decades. Shorter rotations coupled with higher yields has increased the supply of timber tremendously, even with land bases shrinking due largely to urban-suburban sprawl. (The resulting decline in wood quality is a whole 'nother story.) So, the lumber "shortage" is not due to a shortage of timber; stumpage prices have in fact been rising, but only very gradually; nothing like lumber. In fact, stumpage prices are not even back to where they were before the financial crisis of 2008.

Again, I'm only speaking of the US Southeast and I'm sure there are other factors involved that I either don't know about or have not thought of at the moment. I don't know what's going on with the Canadian lumber business or in the US Northwest, but I suspect something similar."

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
the real problem is = the 2020 stolen election with Biden/Harris in the Whitehouse , we need Trump back in the Whitehouse soon ! prices with these 2 idiots in the Whitehouse have let prices get out of control in less than 120 days , things were great everywhere in America when Trump was in the Whitehouse .

=

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Originally Posted by pete53
the real problem is = the 2020 stolen election with Biden/Harris in the Whitehouse , we need Trump back in the Whitehouse soon ! prices with these 2 idiots in the Whitehouse have let prices get out of control in less than 120 days , things were great everywhere in America when Trump was in the Whitehouse .

Hate to tell you this but the price of lumber has been going up since the pandemic started which happens to be before Biden was elected.

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by JimFromTN

Hate to tell you this but the price of lumber has been going up since the pandemic started which happens to be before Biden was elected.

You like a big wood in the morning to slurp on

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I wouldn't want to work with stoned people either. They are just as unsafe as an alcoholic.
However, the prick side of me says hire the potsies and when they get injured in a work accident you can fck them out of workers comp because they fail the post-accident piss test.

Politics is War by Other Means
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by stxhunter
some of the best workers I've had smoked weed every day.

GFY Heym lol

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Heym06
Originally Posted by BobBrown
I bet there's way more than half of construction trade workers dependent on alcohol or THC. If they cut loose after hours and show up for work on time and produce still , wgaf? Get a life if you are better than though .

Nobody except the THC will stay in the system, and employers don't know if you smoked on the way to work! Pretty simple, work where they don't test! Like gubberment jobs ect! I'm just the messenger! And I don't think I'm better than anyone! I also think your head is so far up your ass you need a windowectame! Been reading your mouthy posts, you seem like the kind of guy(girl) that needs lots of attention! Now go [bleep] yourself, little Bobby!

^^^^^
Low IQ and spelling skill

LMAO

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Legal weed, paid to stay home. What’s the motivation to work?

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by BobBrown

You like a big wood in the morning to slurp on

Do you think about that sort of thing often?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

................Nice try there FOOLfromTN.....Trump not responsible for covid nor for the price of anything going up.. Blame yer anti-Trump commie buds in China for covid 19......Secondly there [bleep], anytime a sitting POTUS signs executive orders which in effect declares war on the energy sector, such as the immediate halting of construction on pipelines, signing executive orders that over regulate the energy sector, you in effect raise costs to the consumer. ECON 101 DUMMY!........Transportation costs go up, the cost of raw materials go up, energy costs go up, and on down the line; aka the domino effect.....Your trump hating analogy won't fly..........Before covid19 DUMMY, every economic indicator and category under Trump was at its best in US history. How about that [bleep]!!

Now go take your Trump hating stupidity and shove it. Perhaps a little KY jelly might ease your pain.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Me either but sho says they are stoned at work. Most people know running saws and fork lifts is not safe when inebriated and don't do it. Plus pot is so easy to spot, makes people stink and anyone who doesn't smoke tobacco can smell em a long way off. I don't care what they do off shift myself. I hire people by getting them to show me what is in their pockets, a good knife that has been properly sharpened means a new hire at my shop. Another sign of responsibility is a lot of keys. If a guy won't show me what he has in his pockets he can hit the door. Shoes, a good pair of hiking boots is a good sign also.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had two really, REALLY close calls from stoned-on-the-job. I mean, I still don't know how I wasn't killed. I was "tolerant" before, not after. I won't work with a pothead and I don't socialize with them, either. Better uses of my time.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 16bore
Legal weed, paid to stay home. What’s the motivation to work?

Exactly

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 163bc, 55 invisible), 2,462 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,804
Posts18,477,500
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.