Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
An even tie between The Salt at Ritz Carlton , Amelia island and The Inn at Biltmore, Ashville NC.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
My wife and I newly married just out of college accepted teaching jobs in Miami.(1982) Both of us from tiny towns. Other than rent/utilities we had no bills. Our hobby...eating out. Some friends told us to go eat at the Fountain Bleau/Doral on Miami Beach. First red flag no visible place to park. Valet. Walk in Lobby is stunning.Met just inside by a person offering assistance.told him the restaurant. He said 5th floor. The elevator opened directly into the restaurant. People dressed richly. My senses were starting heat up. Sat us, handed us a menu with no prices. When the waiter came back I asked about prices...He said $85 no matter what you ordered. My wife/I maid $13,000 each a year as 1st year teachers. I told him teacher friends had eaten here and recommended it. He said go to the 3rd floor coffee shop. Same kitchen for both/food the same and prices less. We went to the 3rd floor looked similar to a Dennys/Shoneys. Food good. Prices in line.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Moses
My wife and I newly married just out of college accepted teaching jobs in Miami.(1982) Both of us from tiny towns. Other than rent/utilities we had no bills. Our hobby...eating out. Some friends told us to go eat at the Fountain Bleau/Doral on Miami Beach. First red flag no visible place to park. Valet. Walk in Lobby is stunning.Met just inside by a person offering assistance.told him the restaurant. He said 5th floor. The elevator opened directly into the restaurant. People dressed richly. My senses were starting heat up. Sat us, handed us a menu with no prices. When the waiter came back I asked about prices...He said $85 no matter what you ordered. My wife/I maid $13,000 each a year as 1st year teachers. I told him teacher friends had eaten here and recommended it. He said go to the 3rd floor coffee shop. Same kitchen for both/food the same and prices less. We went to the 3rd floor looked similar to a Dennys/Shoneys. Food good. Prices in line.

Spent a Christmas in Miami with a long lost relative and a girlfriend many years ago. Through a connection, ended up at Doral club for Christmas day buffet. It was one of those Miami late 80's cocaine and Medicare fraud-fueled excess things. Lots of Ferrari and Lamborghinis parked out front. Over the top from one end to the other. I was particularly found of the selection of oysters on the half shell and the bloody Mary bar. The 3-4 lamb selections were also delicious.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Villa d'Este (spelling?) on Lake Como in northern Italy. Lunch for two 320 Euros (about $400) without any liquor. Delicious.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Do not believe there is a place in the world that can rival my Mamma's kitchen.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
As a kid, many decades ago, the Friendship House in Gulfport was a treat. Right there on the Gulf with some of the best seafood.

But, it's no longer there, Too many hurricanes; much has changed and not for the better.

Back in the '50's, that was a high end area with mansions lining Beach Boulevard for miles..

Not now...

DF

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
You know I would have to check in just to see what push dinning was...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Wabigoon dgaf about spelling. grin

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I think it was called The Maxwell House in Mexico city. Perty fancy for a Texas cowboy in 1976.

NOVIT EMIM DOMINUS QUI SUNT EUIS {Arnauld Amalric} "Kill them all,God will know His." Never trust Horses ,Women and very few Mules.A good rifle will let in lots of AIR AND LIGHT.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by mathman
Wabigoon dgaf about spelling. grin

I noticed that.

If spelling Nazis were real he would have been in the gas chamber a long time ago...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
My brother-in-law had a joke about a traveling salesman, that could not spell, and had horrible grammar.

His first letter back to the office drew great derision. Something like, I don wentan sod x number of units.

After many such letters, the boss put out a memo to all.

Yus poplo go ut ad do kek he doon. laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
White Castle in Indianapolis, yum!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I avoid those places like the plague.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Gaido's Seafood Restaurant in Galveston TX. It’s been YEARS since I’ve been there, though.

And the Frisco Country Club in Frisco, TX. Saw Ross Perot jr in their while we were eating.

It’s been years since I went to Gaidos in Galveston. Great food. I had forgotten about that place.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Gaido's Seafood Restaurant in Galveston TX. It’s been YEARS since I’ve been there, though.

And the Frisco Country Club in Frisco, TX. Saw Ross Perot jr in their while we were eating.

I didn’t realize they let fat and dumb people go there ever

LOL

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
The Wild Game Room in the Pierre Hotel, NYC. The old Petroleum Club in Houston was pretty cool as well.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (17CalFan, 1badf350, 1936M71, 160user, 22250rem, 12344mag, 53 invisible), 2,627 guests, and 1,381 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,704
Posts18,475,294
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.