Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 26 of 41 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 40 41
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Bootsfishing, that is a cut and save to file for sure..... thanks!

Please don't feed the trolls!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Groan...................

Thanks for sharing! grin

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why don't you put this in the 'Jesus loves you section'....

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Bambistew

It is. wink

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thank you, bootsfishing.

Deus Juvat

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
In general I benefit the most from a straight foward outline of a topic. I thought what bootsfishing posted was just that. For the past year I have been taking a friend who had gotten addicted to pain killer to a 12 step program called celebrate recovery. The best break down of the first three steps that I have ever heard is:
1) I can't
2) He can
3) I'm gonna let him

http://www.celebraterecovery.com/twelve.shtml

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Be careful there Mannlicher and Bambistew ......... exposure to the Son prevents burning ........

I too use to respond in such a way as well ....I do understand the frustration... talkin bout some supernatural stuff, I tell ya, if I can get my thirst quenched like I have, any one can ...... and I would freely give it to any one of you, if I could ..... cause I know I could start over again... but I can't ..... one has to get to a point in their life to seek it for themselves ... and be ready to recieve it.

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
cut and paste all yall want ..... that's what I did ..... I ran across this while doing some research for an upcoming mens mission trip where I have been asked to lead the devotionals for four evenings .... prayer will be appreciated for leadership and the pathway to be prepared.....

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Where are you going?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for sharing that, Boots!
BTW I like your sig. line.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Groan...................

What you groaning for, Mannlicher?
At least its not the Taliban!!
grin

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Very good stuff, Boots. Lovin' it. Liked the part about exposure to the Son preventing burning, too. Feel free to find and post some more.

Would be interested in finding out where you and the men are going on your missions trip. I have been to Scotland, Ireland and Philippines. Always come back spiritually richer. O, and I took one missionary journey to our large southern neighbour, the good ol' USA. wink

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
[quote I took one missionary journey to our large southern neighbour, the good ol' USA. wink [/quote]

Glad to hear you made it back out in one pieceshocked You know how those Americans can bewink

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I sure do. I married the best one I could find. Couldn't find one that would come close in Canada, so I impoted one -- duty free -- all part of NAFTA, I think. grin

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
We're going to Jamaica, Mon ..... this will be my third trip in as many years ..... we have helped bring a pastor's church to near completion ( 8 years in progress for him and will be officialy complete in Jan.) but this time we will be actually laying a foundation for a small church in the village where the pastor was raised .... also to visit the boys camp and also hold a mens conference each night as well with the men of Haughton Grove and a festival for the children on Sat. night ..... and we will be enriching our walk as well .... I tell ya, we are the ones that get more than we deserve......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by Bootsfishing
I tell ya, we are the ones that get more than we deserve......

That's how I feel every time I go into prison!

A good friend of mine is a pediatric nurse, and she goes on a medical missions trip to Haiti every year in February for about 10 days-2 weeks. This coming February I will be on sabbatical (not teaching), so I could conceivably go with that group. I have no medical training, but I do speak French... which would be useful to them. I don't speak the Hatian language, but French is so much a part of it that I could probably pick it up in a few days. At any rate, I've been praying about doing this. My heart wants to... but it has to be what God wants as well.

Please let us know the dates of your mission trip, so we can pray for all of you!

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Penny, that would be Oct. 24 -28 ...and thank you.

So why would God have lined up the dates of your sabatical and their trip if He wasn't inclined to prod ya to go? (grin)

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Bambistew

Jesus loves me everywhere I go and everywhere I am. I am here, so it's in the right section wink

Lynn D

1B Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Rick et al,

A modest suggestion..

I did not and do not partitpate in the campfire to find a path to moral/religous goals or to seek others' guidance on such matters. I do not express my own beliefs on such matters here and do not care to hear about others'. Annyone that uses the inet for such matters..... hell, you finish the sentence.

BUT, it is increasingly evident that the fervency of some deeply held personal religious views needs an outlet. IMO they are best chahnelled into a zone where those beliefs - all of them Chrsitian, whatever -- can be expressed and contest with others w/o spillover into those themes and interests that otherwise unite -- rather than divide -- the Campfire.

You cannot give any one view or sect a dedicated channel for its views w/o violating free play of ideas and inviting a war to dominate that ground by really narrow sectarian elements. Only an expressly open forum with respect for a range of views will work. No doubt it could get rough. But you can post an introductory meesage laying out basic rules for civil, responsible, participation and enforce them there.

Directing such dialogues to one area can also relieve the rest of us of involuntarily saturation in off topic and unwelcome, intrusions into our perossal lives that go far beyond the relative meirits of .280 Remingtons and 7mm Rem Mags which are the only crucial hair splitting issues here at the campfire.

1B

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Rick, please read the above.
James.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Page 26 of 41 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 40 41

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

205 members (1minute, 2five7, 2ndwind, 264mag, 17CalFan, 219 Wasp, 29 invisible), 2,177 guests, and 1,054 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,206
Posts18,503,843
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.