Rick et al,

A modest suggestion..

I did not and do not partitpate in the campfire to find a path to moral/religous goals or to seek others' guidance on such matters. I do not express my own beliefs on such matters here and do not care to hear about others'. Annyone that uses the inet for such matters..... hell, you finish the sentence.

BUT, it is increasingly evident that the fervency of some deeply held personal religious views needs an outlet. IMO they are best chahnelled into a zone where those beliefs - all of them Chrsitian, whatever -- can be expressed and contest with others w/o spillover into those themes and interests that otherwise unite -- rather than divide -- the Campfire.

You cannot give any one view or sect a dedicated channel for its views w/o violating free play of ideas and inviting a war to dominate that ground by really narrow sectarian elements. Only an expressly open forum with respect for a range of views will work. No doubt it could get rough. But you can post an introductory meesage laying out basic rules for civil, responsible, participation and enforce them there.

Directing such dialogues to one area can also relieve the rest of us of involuntarily saturation in off topic and unwelcome, intrusions into our perossal lives that go far beyond the relative meirits of .280 Remingtons and 7mm Rem Mags which are the only crucial hair splitting issues here at the campfire.

1B