I was going to reply to Steelhead's "Where is CATC" thread last night, and decided instead to sleep on it. I saw this thread first thing this morning, and so decided to reply here.

The question in my mind (and, of course, Rick is under no obligation to answer it), is "Why did you nuke the whole forum? Why not just warn (and then expel) the folks who were Catholic-bashing?"

I went to bed last night with a great deal of sadness on my heart. I'll admit to not visiting CATC very often, but I did occasionally go there. I went there when I wanted to find a group of "my people," a group who would understand what I meant when I said that I had seen Christ in someone, a group who would know exactly what I meant when I said that I love the Lord with all my heart and soul, who would nod their heads in agreement when I said that Christ is at the center of Barak's and my marriage.

I'm not saying that those folks aren't sprinkled in at the other forums as well. But there were times I posted God-centered things that I wanted to share, and I felt that they might have been "too much God" in another forum... I don't know.

I always thought that if people misbehaved, then the people responsible were chastised. I wouldn't fail my whole class if a couple of students cheated on an exam.

Right now I am still very sad. In so many places in this world I see Christianity belittled, and non-Christian groups working hard to eliminate us. Now it seems to me that it has happened here at the Campfire... yet the one who did it is indeed a Christian. frown In order to punish a few individuals, we are all to lose. I don't really understand that, and it hurts me. It hurts me a lot.

I understand this is Rick's decision, and I support his right to do anything he wants to here. But I did want to let everyone else know what my feelings are. CATC was often God's way of connecting those of us who are believers with those who are not, but who are seeking. People come there to ask questions they would not dare to ask on another forum. I am sorry to see that go. frown frown

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1