Sanlen:

The reason I say that is because, as Fish280, I see a diabolical side to this. I see a side that simply got tired of being disagreed with, of not having what they said accepted simply because they said it. I don�t call it bigotry, however. To me it is censorship. While I agree it is your site, Rick, and you can do what you wish, I think to say CATC was shut down because of the bigotry there may have been a cheap shot, as is most of the �discussion� I�ve seen on this thread. To go by this would mean that you cannot have any real discussion on the Campfire. Disagree with Rick and he�ll pull the plug on you. By putting a sticker on threads such as the Pope�s views and explanations, which meant it would always be at the top, you actually placed it where people couldn�t avoid it, and incited more comments instead of just letting it die.

It seems that it is impossible for some to separate individuals from an organization. Funny thing is (though I�m sure that some will consider this �bashing�) by this action many simply had their opinions (whether true or false they will never know now) of Catholic individuals and the Catholic Church forever merged. I�ve already had people email me with complaints about how Catholics censor things they don�t like. Again, this is not necessarily what I think, but what has already been said to me. To them this is just another Inquisition with Rick as the Grand Inquisitor. �They don�t accept our beliefs? Turn them on the spic for a few minutes� that will teach them. Don�t agree with Catholic doctrine? Boil them in oil. Dare to post their ideas that don�t agree with Catholic dogma? Cancel the forum�. And, don�t just cancel the forum and say it was for the sake of harmony and simply time to move on to something new, but make sure you vilify those that dared to disagree with you when you do it, and foster the one sided hate that this thread has revealed. Oh yeah, this was a good move, Rick. Sadly, it didn�t have to be this way.

Man, is this website ever censored. It's like you can't get a word in edgewise with the Grand Inquisitor Webmaster pushing all his buttons! That whole danged Inquisition thing and all. It's a wonder you've NEVER had a post pulled!

It's a good thing your posts never come across as personal attacks, or anti-Catholic though. Whew! Otherwise who knows what that trigger-happy webmaster would do.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine