Originally Posted by gene williams
Well Ms, Penny , I WAS there and I'll tell you : James { Cheeah } went WA--aa--aa -- y outside any common-sense boundries in criticizing the Roman Church . Sanlen asked some really pointed questions re Catholicism and sort of got lumped in with James [ un-fairly , I thought ,but it wasn't MY church-since I don't have one - that was being scorned ] and there was another fella who's name I can't recall right now that was pretty much an in your face kinda guy when it came to Catholics .

I kinda got thrown in with the bashing bunch in some poster's minds although with all the quotes being brought back up nobody ever posted one of my derogatory comments . Ricky D. and Shootist got tarred with the same brush , but to a lesser extent .

Understand that this is just one witness' account , Might not have been that way at all !.

I think I reproved an erring brother for his manner on that thread, IIRC. Also had an exchange by pm with RickBin that was pretty tame and rational. I wasn't bashing anyone, but I poked Cheaha. FWIW, and you're right, in my estimation, about Brother James going WA--aa--aa--y over the line.

There's NO profit in bashing people's religious views. Most of my extended family are RC's. We get along fine.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith