Originally Posted by Boss Hoss
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Pithy stuff going on in the Episcopal Church there Steve.....<Psst, which way do you think they are going to go on the Gay/Lesbian ordaniation thing?>

I think the church is going to split. The Archbishop of Canterbury is going to be here next month (in New Orleans, considered neutral turf by the feuding groups). I don't see the poofter priest group backing down, and if they don't the fight over church property if the split occurs will be ugly and public.

The world-wide Anglican church simply cannot do its missionary work where the church's enemies can truthfully say they support buggery and even condone it in the hierarchy. We are in the midst of a search for a new rector, and you'd be amazed how many people act like that's not a significant issue.

First I am not a Catholicism basher but why not after all Pope's has been doing it for dare I say centuries. The cover-ups all for the sake of filling the coffers of the Vatican is just plain reprehensible. Shamefully the molestations of boys has been condoned by the hierarchy of the Catholic Church for hundreds of years. The proof of this abhorrent behavior -- the court system is finally getting this out in the open and the Catholic Church itself is admitting it when forced to do so. Who is the CEO of this money making machine --- the Pope and the buck stops there!

If this happened in any other industry or in Government it would be on the front page everyday and people would be going to jail. Yes in some isolated instances, priests have been incarcerated however, in many of the cases �Management� was aware and even transferred these pedophiles around the country to depredate again. This was done to avoid any potential embarrassment and subsequent financial impact to the coffers. Were they ever prosecuted --- never happen to unpopular to do so and as a result --- The Hypocrisy Lives On.

Sorry to offend some but it is the truth.

We have had the same rockspiders over here, it is about time the church's were held responsible for allowing these creatures sanctuary.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.