Originally Posted by 340boy
Originally Posted by Barak's Womn

Originally Posted by garryc
I often wonder if it's so simple that all we talk about is frosting on the cake. That the simple belief of Chist as savior is the only thing important, and that the smaller things, and rituals, are just fluff.

You've got it, Garry!!! You've GOT it!

Exactly.

Oh, there's more � lots more � that's important enough for God to want us to know it.

� My first curiosity about Christianity was what God expects of His own. There's lots more than just letting Him be good and merciful to us.

� My next curiosity about Christianity was how Christ wanted His disciples (us, not just those in the New Testament) to follow Him. That led to another curiosity that resulted from noticing the obvious disparities and contrasts between the beliefs and practices of (a) the early Christians and (b) the church people of today.

� Then, of course, the inevitable questions became (a) "How did that become this?" and (b) "Was the process of transformation or evolution scripturally legitimate?"

The search for answers to these questions has taken years of diligent research and study, but the answers have been edifying and enriching. (None of any value at all has come from human opinion or judgement.)

Alas, they're also 'way too rich for some palates.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.