I grew up in a major denominational ecclesiastical organization. When I was 32 years old, it wasn't answering the questions that were plaguing me, and the Lord answered the questions from the Bible. What most folks don't realize is that, "Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty." He can be found within the walls of a lot of different denominations, and also in some non-denominations as well.

The church I pastor has no engraved in stone dogma but one, and it is the Bible. We are Independent in the sense that we are not a part of a larger organization. Our local church is autonymous -- completely self govering, and indiginous -- self starting. We chose the denominational tag because it generally describes some of what we believe. When that changes, the tag will go, but we do NOT believe all that the denomination believes -- we don't have to -- we're autonymous. It's the best of ALL worlds.

And there is a great amount of liberty -- to do right above all. smile

Glad you have followed the admonition to prove all things, Gene. When you come to the truth as an adult, on your own, it just makes more sense. wink

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith