Originally Posted by MColeman
Anyway, it takes more than being grafted into Abraham. Arabs are descended directly from Abraham, and it doesn't make them Jewish.

[quote]Point taken. I was not, for a minute, insinuating that I knew what it was to be Jewish but Scriptures tell me that I have been adopted.

Of course, and I understand just what you mean. But that's because I'm a Christian, not a Jew.

You say that it takes 'more' than being grafted into Abraham and I have to ask, to do/be what?

It takes more than being grafted in to be Jewish.

I will admit that I've grown weary of organized 'religion' and hope your worship services offer you more.

Trying to exist outside a community of believers would be more than I could manage, I think. Of course, the community is significantly bigger than just my congregation, but my congregation is the most important segment of it.

And, truth be told, if you take away all the Jewish culture, the Hebrew liturgy, the klezmer music, and all the rest of it...this one is by far the best congregation of people I've ever been part of.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867