I may surprise some people but I, too, support Rick's action. I have thought about this for a while and the plug needed pulled. Possibly to get peoples attention and possibly to end that portion of the Campfire forever. Note I did not say for "good" nor do I hope "forever" is the outcome.

I understand what you are saying Allen and agree with the context but moreso trust that Rick was also being led by the Lord in his decision and his heart was right in the decision. In that, I also have to trust that Rick will continue to seek the Lord, not being unmindful of the truths you have mentioned. Indeed, he was the one who initiated CATC for exactly the purposes and uses you enumerate. Let us not forget that, or tend to only our own undertanding and view from the outside or in reaction to his necessary action.

Though not a foregone conclusion, I have a hope that Rick will institute another CATC with safegaurds to prevent the heinous and uninspired posts that sometimes plagued the former forum. And perhaps not......... but if we can come together and reason together we may see that this too shall pass and out of the ashes of that which had become tainted and irrepairable, more good and true fellowship may emerge. This is my hope and my prayer.

Rick,
I want to thank you sincerely for the CATC forum and aplogize for any hurt I caused you or anyone else by either my posts or my silence. Hurt was never intentional, though pride and arrogance can always creep in and cause the same nonetheless. I also want to apologize for the position you were put in between the Rock and the hard place with those who wanted it eliminated. You are an outstanding individual to be able to balance your purpose for the forum, the good and bad it evoked, and the voices of many you trust.

I hope there is something else in store for the 24 Hour Campfire that will allow us to share our faith, our joys and dispairs, and pray and praise the Lord of Glory corporately as Brothers and Sisters in Christ. I must say I have long believed that oft maligned and sometimes deservedly so forum, brought success to this site in ways we cannot see or comprehend fully. The Word of the Lord does not return void and that Word went out often from CATC, as I hope it will again.

Peace to all!

RickyD

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.