An open, any-topic forum like "Hunter's Campfire" allows free discussion of topics that relate somehow to Christianity. Unfortunately, heated, harsh, and bitter disputes are far too common here, but they're not the norm. Christian topics aren't common here because the title of the forum doesn't suggest or invite 'em.

A forum that's dedicated to discussion of Christ and Christianity (e g "Christ at the Campfire") is a de facto invitation for bashers and trolls to come in and to be nasty.

Carol Anne's death just before Christmas (12-15-1989) delayed my Christnmas form letter to family and friends, but I got it out not too late. I titled it "Christmas in Heaven" since that was (as I explained briefly) where she was on that 25 December. The rest � most � of the letter was about other matters of interest to family and friends. It was obviously a printed (not hand-written) form letter.

By return mail, I got a very harsh letter from a friend whose spiritual leanings and status I knew nothing of and had never thought of. He started by saying that he didn't think much of that God, Christ, and Heaven *&^%$#@!, and the rest of his letter (the only one that I ever got from him) covered no other subject.

The title and lead paragraph of that long letter was all the "invitation" or opportunity that was required to unleash a flood of vitriol. How much more so a forum titled "Christ at the Campfire" filled with rash and hateful posts?

It was, IMHO, a bad idea in the first place and should've been dropped months ago.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.