That is a funny joke, 2ndwind. Unfortunately, it is all too true, which is what makes it funny. frown

I guess it is because Barak and I have for so long (12+ years) been so involved in Kairos that talking about denominational differences just doesn't make any sense to me. It is the individual's relationship with God through His Son Jesus Christ that is important... NOT the denomination. The denomination is where a believer feels comfortable... sort of like an old pair of jeans and t-shirt, vs. a suit and tie. Some fit some, some fit others.

I am a Trainer for Kairos Prison Ministries International, and a component of the advanced leader training that I do focuses on what Kairos is... and what it isn't. ALL things (yes, all things) that are denominational aren't part of Kairos. (This is sometimes hard for very dedicated volunteers to understand.) Those are things that divide us. Kairos embraces our "common ground," all things that unite us. That winds up being the blood of Jesus Christ and our relationship with God. We don't do communion or baptism or pray the rosary in Kairos. Those are all good things, wonderful things. They just aren't Kairos' things.

It would be nice to have a forum where the Lord could be lifted up, and we could all celebrate together what we have found in Jesus. People posting should ask themselves, "Does this post unite or divide us?" And then either post or delete accordingly.

No matter which forum I post on, I always ask myself, "Does this post glorify God?" It is a good question to ask, every single time. I admit to having had to bite my tongue (sit on my hands????) a couple of times. But what I would have posted would not have been good.

Just my 2�... YMMV.

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1