I seldom posted at CATC. I agree there was enough toxic stuff there that it often wasn�t worth the effort to try to filter out the good/uplifting stuff. I did check in after the flap about the Pope writing that the Catholic Church was the only genuine Church due to IIRC a direct linage to Christ�s disciples <or something along those lines> My point is, he knew his words caused great anger and hurt among the Protestant world.
When the other flap occurred over the Pope saying something along the lines of islam has done some mean things back in the 1400s followed by muslims go into a worldwide seething fit, and kill an elderly nun or two the Pope makes a trip to Turkey and says something about he was sorry if his meaning was misunderstood. I will give him credit for not saying islam is peace�. But he threw them some sort of face saving bone.
I made a few very careful posts looking for any insight into the catholic posters views on what the Pope had said and then just backed off. �
Perhaps I missed an explanation of how the Pope was not being disrespectful to those of the Protestant faith�.

Please don't feed the trolls!