Rick, I'd like to think that CATC is the type of forum that God would use to enighten the believer, as well as to provide spiritual light and truth to the non-believer who is seeking, curious about who God is, what the Bible says about various issues concerning points of disagreement and discord, truth, salvation, etc.. Plainly, I see it as a ministry opportunity, as I hope you STILL do. No, I'm not trying to turn this particular forum into another CATC, merely to voice my opinion on your decision to cancel CATC, and this will be the only thread I initiate on this subject, and likely my last post on the matter. I hope that you will prayfully reconsider, pure and simple.

Taking heat very much comes with the territory, and I don't mind when it comes my way, either. I will stand by God's word at all costs, even if I get kicked out as a result or they collectively shout for my head, call me foul names - or whatever smile Paul describes many of the sufferings he endure for the cross of Jesus Christ in 2 Corinthians 11:24-28, and compared to what he endured, any suffering you and I put up with here is trivial.....

"From the Jews five times I received forty stripes minus one. Three times I was beaten with rods; once I was stoned; three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I have been in the deep; in journeys often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils of my own countrymen, in perils of the Gentiles, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils amoung false brethren; in weariness and toil, in sleeplessness often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness - besides the other things what come upon me daily: my deep concern for all the churches."

All that makes our disagreements seem pretty trivial, doesn't it?

AD