Jim:

It was not a quick decision.

Ken exhorted me to get rid of CATC over two years ago, due to the vitriol. Others who have my confidence were also pessimistic. I was pretty much the last holdout, for a LONG time. The anti-Catholic stuff really tested my patience, and when I realized it was not going away ... well, I will not sponsor sustained religious bigotry, plain and simple.

My apologies to those who had to endure it when I was ambivalent because it was not directed toward Catholicism. That was a very big error on my part, and I am truly sorry for my lack of empathy and awareness.

I am not Mormon, or a Jehovah's Witness, or Anglican, or Lutheran, or Orthodox, but I don't believe ANYONE has a right to bash any of these folks for what they believe. I have received PMs from representatives of each of these "denominations" in the past 24 hours expressing general approval, and recounting instances when they felt persecuted on CATC.

Again, to all those folks whose angst I missed in my self-centeredness, because I am sure there are more, I apologize. It shouldn't have happened, especially on my watch.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine