Rick, I'm going to say this straight-out. I like you, I certainly respect you, and I am thankful that you provide us with this website and the opportunity to participate here in these discussions.

But in my opinion you have made a very big mistake by eliminating 'Christ At The Campfire', and I certainly DO NOT agree with those who have foolishly, and in ignorance, supported this act. Your decision does not serve Jesus Christ at all but, but rather the devil himself and every demon spirit that has been trying to tear down that forum, and you have inadvertently become an accomplice to that end, and likely without realizing it, but you have nevertheless, and even in partnership and with the hearty approval of some who are mockers and who are walking in spiritual darkness. Think about the implications of this!

What was the purpose of 'Christ At The Campfire'? Was it to bring people to Christ and illuminate the word of God, or to defend a particular denomination? Are you so caught up in denominationalism that you have forgotten your first love - Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour? When I read your reasons for taking off 'Christ at the Campfire', I realized that you did this out of FEAR, as you feel the Catholic church is being attacked. But the spirit of fear comes from the devil himself and NOT God! God does NOT give us a spirit of fear, not ever! God is in control, always. If you believe that what the catholic church preaches is the truth and nothing but the truth, then why not leave the 'Christ At The Campfire' forum open, knowing that God's word ALWAYS brings us to the truth, and like a two-edged sword, His word will pierce through all UNtruths! HE is in control, not man, and man-made theology. HIS light and HIS very words are LIVING spiritual truths that He Himself reveals to us when we are SEEKING the truth. You can't alter or change the truth of God's word! God does not need your forum to reveal truth, either, although He will USE it, IF you are compliant to His will. Jesus commands us to be a light in this world, loving our neighbors as ourselves, and sharing the word of God to those who have not yet heard it, and to those that do not see. Should this not have been the purpose of 'Christ At The Campfire', and as such, should not that forum still be in active use? How can you, as a believer and the owner of this website, offer God anything less?

READ THE BOOK OF JOHN! Jesus addressed that very issue of religious rules that the Pharisses lived by (legalism!) and how they were more loyal to their traditonal rules (many that were man-made) rather than the true word of God and bringing those to Christ. It appears that such has happened here as well, unfortunately! Remember, Jesus loved the Pharisees as well, even though they persecuted Him!

Your decision also completely fails to obediently fulfill what Jesus Himself commanded us to do, and as a true believer, as I must assume you are, this is not only is an act of disobedience, if not outright rebellion, and it serves the darkness rather than the light:

Matthew 5:14-16, and these are the words of Jesus Himself:

"You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannnot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven."

It also fails to obediently carry out that great commission which we, as believers, are instructed by Jesus Himself to fulfill. As are the verses that I've previously sited, these are not "suggestions", they are commands:

Matthew 28:18-20

'And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Obviously, your decision to eliminate 'Christ At The Campfire' surely does not serve this commandment, either...........

Rick, as has been pointed out by others, this is indeed "your house", and as such, and out of respect for you and other catholic members that we have here, I will by no means carry on about the numerous disagreements that I have with the Catholic church.

But I will say this: You have to decide where your true loyalties lie. Are you first and foremost loyal to Jesus Christ, to His commandments, and to His holy Word, as written in scripture, or are you first loyal to the church of Rome?

Jesus said as much in Luke 16:13, "No servant can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon."

Rick, I urge you to restore 'Christ At The Campfire', and let all testimony furnished there be compared to scripture, and let the validity of all that is stated there either stand as the truth or be demonstrated as apostasy, and also by the same means: The holy, written Word of God Himself, as stated according to the purity and completeness of the Holy Bible, and by no other measure...........

www.pro-gospel.org

Respectfully submitted,

AD