Originally Posted by Mac84
There's the rub garry, what makes you right and someone else wrong? How can you respect the right of someone believing differently than you, but in the same breath, tell them they're wrong?

Mac

It's a matter of saying, "I think you're wrong". It's also a matter of being able to rationalize your stand point. That does not have to happen with disrespect attached. As a Baptist I have to have Biblical backing for beliefs.

For example, I saw a program on T. V. in which a Nun was speaking. She said that if someone did not believe in the divinity of Mary or rejected the authority of the Pope they would go to hell. She stated that it was a tenant of the church, yet gave no Biblical foundation. I just caulk it up to unsubstantiated opinion. She certainly has a right to that opinion and I would discuss it with her, and I would tell her I thought she was wrong. I'm sure she would say the same to me. Hopefully we wouldn't attack one another. It's not like we are sunni and shia muslims and will slit each others throats.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.