Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
J
JeffP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
I listened to the whole piece. I agree with a lot of what he says.

I would, however, caution about sitting back judging other's Christianity. I know, we're not to be ignorant about these matters, as Paul urges. So, Spiritual discernmnt is essential.

I don't know if he was leaning towards Calvinism or if he's more in the Arminian camp. He was pretty subtle about predestination if that's where he's coming from.

As we enter into a different era as Christians, we don't know what's coming our way. Our country is going thru a real change and I don't know if it's coming back from what we had.

Bottom line, Christ died for you, will you die for him? If things get really tough, will we Christians stand like the martyrs of old? I'm not sure how many calling themselves Christians today are there.

To me that's the bottom line. That one may take some soul searching. We've had faith in our Christian nation. What if we lose it? Where will most Christians find themselves then...?

What say you, as Bill O'Reilly would ask?

DF

Thanks for your input. And Thanks for actually watching the video.

When I viewed the video, I saw it as more of a call for self reflection rather than a call out video .

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by DBT

Faith is a trivial reason for the penalty of eternal damnation.

I understand your reasoning. Unfortunately, it’s not by YOUR reasoning you are saved. For whatever reason, God decided to save men by a different way. You have to remember this is His creation, not ours. That means we have to play by His rules, not ours.

Proverbs 14:12 says
“There is a way that seems right to a man,
but it’s end leads to death”

Personally, I hate the word faith.
But the Lord says that
“the righteous will live by faith”, and
“without faith, it’s impossible to please Him.”

So like you, I have to play by His rules.

Last edited by keith_dunlap; 06/05/21.

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by DBT
If a God of Love, by definition and nature of love, everyone is saved.

Character flaws, sociopaths, etc, are generally either genetic, shaped by an interaction of both, environment and genes.

Motivated by love, an omniscient/omnipotent God could easily repair the most broken of all individuals.

God is a God of love but he is also a God of Justice who hates evil/wrongdoing. The "genetic flaw" with humanity is called sin. We all have it. Its the reason the answer to the question of "can't we all just get along" is NO. Most of us through socialization and learned self control manage to stay out of jail but if we are honest with ourselves we have all "fallen short" in a big way. You can see this in little kids and the "parenting" process. You don't have to teach them to lie, you have to teach them to tell the truth. You don't have to teach them to steal, you have to teach them to share.

If God just "fixed it" there would be no accountability on our part. His solution, motivated by love, was to take on humanity in the form of a Jewish carpenter turned rabbi and take upon himself his judgement for humanity's sins. He made the rules, we broke them, but he satisfied justice by paying the penalty that he himself decreed we had coming.

So, "Christ died for the sins of the whole world". Everyone is not saved but everyone certainly can be. But you have to acknowledge, believe, ie "put faith in" what he did, the first step being acknowledging that you are a "sinner".....which should be obvious. Then, "the most broken of individuals are repaired". I've seen it.

Some see this as "good news". Others take offense saying to themselves, hey I'm really not that bad, I am actually a "good person".....God has no right to punish me when he forgives a "worse person" who believes. It doesn't matter. An analogy from the business world. Doesn't make any difference if you have a $30,000 mortgage or a $3,000,000 mortgage, if you miss enough payments, the bank is gonna foreclose on your house and kick you to the curb. Someone comes along, sees that you are broke and can't make the payments, and gives you the money to pay the whole thing off. If you take his check, tear it up and tell him to get lost because "you got this", what happens? The debt is still there, you are still broke, and the house is about to be taken. This doesn't make the man who offered to bail you out any less "loving" it just makes you a fool.

Last edited by RJY66; 06/05/21.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap
Originally Posted by DBT

I understand your reasoning. Unfortunately, it’s not by YOUR reasoning you are saved. For whatever reason, God decided to save men by a different way. You have to remember this is His creation, not ours. That means we have to play by His rules, not ours.

But the Lord says that

True.....His rules.
We broke so many of them that we can't remember half. That's sin.
We cannot UNdo sin. There's no way.
God doesn't pardon a sinner on the basis of degrees or good works either.
That's why he offered His sinless, perfect Son as the substitute, the only acceptable sacrifice for our sins.

Faith (believe) is the absence of works.
It takes no effort or goodness on our part.
It is a choice to receive the gift purchased already of everlasting life.

Faith/ believe upon Christ = forgiveness

This is why faith should appeal to us. It's the only way to the Father through the Son .

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

John 14:6

Guess how many times the word believe is used in this gospel of John?

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

But the Lord says that

Is it a matter of my reasoning? I would say it's a matter of justice. A lack of conviction or faith is hardly an example of evil.

Last edited by DBT; 06/05/21.
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

But the Lord says that

Is it a matter of my reasoning? I would say it's a matter of justice. A lack of conviction or faith is hardly an example of evil.

Even in the secular world the lack of conviction is a horrible thing and has everything to do with evil. It's why some of the most awful crimes are committed.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Being ruled by fear would the exact interpretation of sin.................missing the mark.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by K22
Being ruled by fear would the exact interpretation of sin.................missing the mark.
fear usually is a sin, however it's one of many.

I John 3:4,5

"Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin."

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 06/05/21.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by DBT
If a God of Love, by definition and nature of love, everyone is saved.

Character flaws, sociopaths, etc, are generally either genetic, shaped by an interaction of both, environment and genes.

Motivated by love, an omniscient/omnipotent God could easily repair the most broken of all individuals.
You're close but you leave out having a belief in both God and His Son, Jesus, Who gave Himself as the final sacrifice on the Cross for your sins. That is all God asks of you and if you can acknowledge that as the truth, you will be saved, regardless of your sins.

Faith is not trivial at all except to the obstinate who are not willing to get some. It's a very simple thing and the only one God demands.

Faith is the tiny thing that obtains the largest and richest blessing to mankind. But it is true there is no other way to obtain that rich blessing. Quit fighting God, surrender to Him, and Love Him. He already Loves you.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Happy_Camper,

I am very late to this. I am curious, did you watch the whole video? What do you think about it?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What about Faith in Christ PLUS?

Here's a decent explanation for basic Bible understanding.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

But the Lord says that

Good post keith_dunlap.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good people don't go to heaven and bad people don't go to hell. Forgiven people go to heaven. Unforgiven people go to hell. I think hell ultimately is to be eternally separated from God...and Heaven ultimately is to be eternally with Him.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I think all people will be resurrected and therefore saved from physical death through Christ. Whether or not they are saved from spiritual death depends on their choices and the making and keeping of covenants and repentance. That's the one that decides where they go after they're resurrected.

Seems that some equate being resurrected as being saved. I think we will be held accountable for how we live. No accountability seems like a democrat progressive idea to me.

I worked with a born again years ago who was cheating on his wife with 2 different married women at work and a single 19 year old girl. It didn't matter though because he was saved already. He was a liar, a thief, and an adulterer but didn't like me because of my religion and talked crap about it all the time. I don't judge those that share his beliefs based on him but he as an individual was a total pos and didn't care because he was saved no matter what.

I think our own shame could separate us from Christ but this guy had no Shane so maybe he's right.

Bb

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Am I saved?

Yes I am, and not because I say so.

The Lord Jesus Christ said so.

He that hath the Son of God hath everlasting life.

HE is my hope and my life. He gave me HIS righteousness. HE took the punishment for my Sin.

Amen! Thank you Jesus.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
The Romans 10:9-10 video is a good one, he makes some good points. Salvation by faith and faith alone.

But doesn’t it say that the demons believe and tremble? They know and they tremble. Now, they don’t have faith, just a knowledge of their ultimate fate. They don’t receive, even though they believe. So, from that one could surmise that knowledge alone isn’t saving faith.

One has to believe and receive. James teaches that faith without works is dead. His meaning about works is corresponding action. Not works leading to salvation but a result thereof.

If you have Jesus in your heart it’s gonna show. You don’t have to go around blabbing it, as he noted in certain hostile societies, but it’ll show.

Let your light shine. Speak when the Spirit gives the unction, not so much from the natural.

DF

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I am. I hope and pray all of you guys can say the same before it’s too late.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Joh 11:26 and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?"

Ro 10:9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

I've done that. We have his promise. There are many in the churches and in the world who hear the word but keep trying to work their way into heaven without the belief and faith. They will fail.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Wouldn’t a place filled with Christians be the opposite of heaven?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
All you have to do to be saved is believe on the Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 16:31) and confess your faith in Jesus as your Savior (Romans 10:9)

Salvation is receiving, and the sinner who believes on Jesus (apart from all self-righteousness) will be saved and go to heaven. The only way to heaven is through Jesus, and He paid the price for our sins. Salvation isn’t hard, as Jesus made it easy for us.

Eternal life is a free gift of grace (Romans 5:15; 6:23). It is freely offered (Romans 10:13) and freely received (Revelation 22:17).

What more could anybody ever want? Jesus is the way, our hope, our reality, our everything when we are saved. He is all we need. I am so grateful for the wonderful free gift of grace.

Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

663 members (12344mag, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 69 invisible), 3,303 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,486
Posts18,471,860
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.