Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
]
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Don’t know any Mormons.

Don’t think they’ve made it to MS.

We got the holy rollers. Jehovah witness.

How come black folks are drawn to the JW's?

Huh?[/quote]

Read where black people are joining the JW'S at high rates.

Higher than other outfits.

Just wondered why it appeals to them.[/quote]

Easier to splain why daddy didn’t bring no Christmas or birthday presents. Again

Last edited by smithwr; 06/13/21.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Sorry, I initially read that as "who's a moron" and was going to nominate jim in tenn and all his bum buddies.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by IZH27
From what I’ve read they believe that Christ was an example of what we are supposed to work to be. I’ve tried to nail it down in discussions but found side stepping when speaking to someone of the Mormon faith about justification. Nearest that I can tell is justification comes down to works in LDS teaching. That alone separates them from historic Christianity.

This religion and JW can be traced back to the area of New York called the burned over district and or the influences of Charles Finney. It’s interesting that most of modern religion in America is influenced by this man.

And Jim Jones.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I’ve known a pile of them. Percentage-wise they are just as likely to be lying, cheating, philandering pieces of shidt as any other demographic. Flip side, just as many are likely to be stand up guys. Nothing special about them except their weird beliefs.

MAGA
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by viking
I’ve known a few, good folks. I would rather have them for neighbors than most. Their beliefs are their business.

same here .....funny how some " Christians" attack them.....I will take Mormons over self righteous christians every day...

ee said they were a cult....all religions are a cult.....look at that schhit for brains happy camper....nut job....bob

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by denton
1. Yes, John Moses Browning was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, as I am now. And, he was my 8th cousin 3 times removed. Really. Of course a relationship that distant probably takes in a million or so people, but it is still kinda fun.

2. Does anybody take seriously most of the nonsense rumors about what we believe? If so, I have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn. The actual beliefs are easily available at https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org

Some members take seriously the church's encouragement to be honest, provide for our families, respectful to others, and to look for ways to help our neighbors. Others, not so much.

John Moses Browning was my 7th cousin, 3 times removed, Katherine Banks was the common ancestor.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by IZH27
This religion and JW can be traced back to the area of New York called the burned over district and or the influences of Charles Finney. It’s interesting that most of modern religion in America is influenced by this man.

I think the JW movement had more root in Millerism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millerism

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I believe the church owns this property in northern Utah

Correct me if wrong......

Pretty amazing place I've heard

https://wildcountryoutfitters.com/deseret

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I believe she is a Mormon.[Linked Image from hotactress.org]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Beat off.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Even discounting for surgery, cosmetics, etc., some women just seem to improve with age. Marie is one, certainly high on my list. Much more attractive than when in her younger days, just beautiful..

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

She is my 8th cousin.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The Mormon church is reported to be the most wealthy religious organization in the world unless you combine a number of individual Catholic organizations into one. They're said to have in the area of $50 billion. Yet they have an unpaid clergy. Their top leaders, known as the general authority, receive no 'pay' but it's come out that they do receive a 6 figure 'living allowance'.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Of course all of Marie's brothers are Mormons as well, but, she's prettier! laugh

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

"I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. "
Galatians 1 Applies to Moroni bolonie too.

The LDS sacraments cannot save them. It is a perversion of the true gospel. Christ is THE Only way to the Father in heaven. Those sacraments and good deeds are filthy rags in the sight of the true God of heaven.

The typical default is good people, family values or something along those lines.
The fact is that they have a different Bible than that of the New Testament. They claim to believe it, and then add other books that contradict it. Doctrines and Covenants, Pearl of Great Price, Book of Mormon.

The final conclusion of the Bible says of their books,
"For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:"
Revelation 22

Their teachings contradict the basic teachings of the Bible, but they want to be considered just another evangelical denomination.

The fact is that their good works wont get any of them into heaven any more than anyone else. We aren't saved by our good works.

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. "

Ephesians 2:8-9

The Holy Bible has been interpreted, reinterpreted, edited, books added, books subtracted, and reinterpreted again.

Constantine added the Madonna so they could more easily convert worshipers of the Moon Goddess. Constantine changed the Sabbath to Sunday so they could convert the numerous pagans who already worshiped on Sunday.

It is, was, and always has been about expansion of the congregation and fattening of the coffers.

The LDS church is no different in this regard than any branch descended from that Church established after Christ's death.

And as for creepy rituals? How about them Catholics? The original denomination? How about graven images? How about praying to Mary? No other God before me?

The Mormons ain't so bad! Their doctrine is closer to the intent of the Old and New Testaments than many.

The visions of their founder and his writings are as likely to be actual revelations from God as are any other's.

You know, it might just be you who has made the mistaken interpretations.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I ordinarily avoid relligious discussions on this forum like I would the plague. Maybe I should again. But I will make a couple of comments anyway.

Our first article of faith is that we believe in God the Eternal Father, his son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost. Another article is, We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel. (This often sparks the old grace vs. works debate. We teach that it by grace that we are saved, after all we can do. Not going to debate that here.) Another article of faith says that we believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, and in doing good to all men. As I have said, our real beliefs are readily available at https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org. If what you are being taught about us does not match that, then it is in error.

We do not believe that you can pray your ancestors into heaven. We do believe that certain earthly ordinances are necessary, and we do provide those vicariously for the dead. The deceased person then has the option of accepting that work. It's part of the effort to make sure that everyone who wants the opportunity receives it. Nobody gets left out because of where and when they were born.

We don't have magic underwear. Those who have received the temple endowment do wear special garments as a reminder and emblem of sacred promises we have made to be charitable, faithful to our spouses, and honest in our dealings, etc. It's not so different from other religious emblems, such as the Jewish yamulka or the Catholic clerical collar. The difference is that we wear ours under our street wear.

There is a boatload of anti-Mormon nonsense available. I've read quite a bit of it. It's typically full of distortions, half truths, and outright lies. I suggest that you not waste your time with it, when our true doctrines are so readily available. If you think we're right, you're welcome to join us. If you don't, then we wish you well and will do what we can to help you on your journey.

Last edited by denton; 06/13/21.

Be not weary in well doing.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Happy Crapper you are a complete idiot!!!

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Anytime Denton speaks, I listen close.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Squidge

She is my 8th cousin.

Who were the first seven?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Going back 8 generations on my side and 8 generations on her side we both share a common ancestor.

Page 6 of 29 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 28 29

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 222Sako, 62 invisible), 2,373 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,544
Posts18,491,601
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.