Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 29 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 28 29
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Interesting.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Originally Posted by antlers
I think the message of Jesus resonates with a lotta people. I think a lotta the messengers of that message are largely what drives many people away from it. Understandably.

And, somehow, it scares some folks?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Interesting.

I think one of them there big high faluten words would be more better.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why is it that some folks ascribe fear to why others believe differently.
Does that make them feel all "courageous"?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by lvmiker

Searching for the truth is important to me. So far my most significant enlightenment is learning to recognize what I don't KNOW. So far the old DO Unto Others etc. seems to about cover all societal situations and is the basis for my personal morality.

When I am out in nature I often feel in contact with a reality that doesn't need a name but includes me. Some might call that spirituality because they find titles important.

If you don't know something you can't know you don't know it.

What do you mean "feel" ... like chill bumps? I don't see how that is spiritual.

This drivel combined with your previous posts put you in the running w/ crappy hamper for the idiot of the day award.

The dumbest are always the loudest, keep screeching kids.

mike r

Not so loud, Mr. Foghorn. You’re hurting people’s ears.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'm just reading, I know nothing about LDS.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don’t think ‘fear’ has anything to do with it. I think a lotta people are put off by others who come across as judgmental, bigoted, moralistic homophobes who cherry-pick the sins of others as somehow being worse than their own while sitting in a congregation full of fellow sinners Sunday after Sunday after Sunday. If one is prejudiced, or hates, someone else for whatever reason...that's their business. Especially when they're honest enough to admit that that's what it is. At least they're honest about it. Others choose to use the Bible to justify their prejudice and hatred of certain others...hidin' behind the shield of Christianity and doin' the exact opposite of what Jesus Himself would do...and taught.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
"But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed."(Gal 1:8-9 ESV)
People who are outside the church are not accountable to the church, and they are not accountable to the church's standards. The church has no business judging people outside the church. They’re supposed to love others, and stop judging outsiders...as Apostle Paul said..."What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church...?" He didn't expect non-Jesus followers to behave like Jesus followers. He expected Jesus followers to behave like Jesus followers.

I just showed you what Paul said about non Christians. Pagans do what pagans do, but he most definitely called out what pagans did. Christ, Paul, and all the Apostles called out and told non believers they were sinners.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I don’t think ‘fear’ has anything to do with it. I think a lotta people are put off by others who come across as judgmental, bigoted, moralistic homophobes who cherry-pick the sins of others as somehow being worse than their own while sitting in a congregation full of fellow sinners Sunday after Sunday after Sunday. If one is prejudiced, or hates, someone else for whatever reason...that's their business. Especially when they're honest enough to admit that that's what it is. At least they're honest about it. Others choose to use the Bible to justify their prejudice and hatred of certain others...hidin' behind the shield of Christianity and doin' the exact opposite of what Jesus Himself would do...and taught.

Have heard it said to always ask, what would He do?

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
People can believe what they want (in a perfect world). Just don’t push it on others, insist anything else is wrong, and throw it in their faces.

Do that, and I won’t hurt you! 😳 😁

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by slumlord

TIL that L Ron Hubbard believed that tomatoes feel pain and that - if it is quiet enough - you can hear them scream when they are sliced

Hubbard was a thelemite. He was a satanist.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
I’ve heard that some maybe all Mormons believe that a book containing missing books of the Bible was written by a giant salamander or lizard. I have no idea if that’s true or just something that the person relaying it to me thought that Mormons believed.

And they make fun of the dune coons for believing there’s a gaggle of virgins waiting in Valhalla if they blow up a bunch of capitalists…..

That theory is bullsh*t,too.

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

TIL that L Ron Hubbard believed that tomatoes feel pain and that - if it is quiet enough - you can hear them scream when they are sliced

And made a bunch of money pushing that scchitt,

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Nothing there I disagree with.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48

These cults operate in opposition to Christian beliefs. Mormons don’t believe Jesus is fully God. Mormons believe in Aryanism, which involves the denial of the deity of Jesus. Jesus was God Himself, not a created son of God. Other cuktic groups (7th Day Adventists) believe that as well. If one of the Godhead is considered inferior to the others, or created by one of them, you don’t have a real Trinity. Jesus is God Almighty in human flesh. John 1:1, 8:58, 10:30

Amen!

'Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!”'
(Joh 20:28 ESV)

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Sure. satanists like money.

'And he[satan] said to him, “All these I will give you, if you will fall down and worship me.”'
(Mat 4:9 ESV)

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48

These cults operate in opposition to Christian beliefs. Mormons don’t believe Jesus is fully God. Mormons believe in Aryanism, which involves the denial of the deity of Jesus. Jesus was God Himself, not a created son of God. Other cuktic groups (7th Day Adventists) believe that as well. If one of the Godhead is considered inferior to the others, or created by one of them, you don’t have a real Trinity. Jesus is God Almighty in human flesh. John 1:1, 8:58, 10:30

Amen!

'Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!”'
(Joh 20:28 ESV)

After he had to see to believe.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

'And he[satan] said to him, “All these I will give you, if you will fall down and worship me.”'

Chr*stians like money also.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by ironbender
People can believe what they want (in a perfect world). Just don’t push it on others, insist anything else is wrong, and throw it in their faces.

Do that, and I won’t hurt you! 😳 😁

The US is not a theocracy. So no one is forced to worship Christ. The US is free I can say what I think is wrong. People have the right to not believe anything I say. It's a pretty simple concept really.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Chr*stians like money also.

Atheists, agnostics and pagans like money too. So what is your point. The whole money/greed thing is a red herring when it comes to what is spiritually true.

Page 14 of 29 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 28 29

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 10gaugeman, 1337Fungi, 52 invisible), 2,288 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,769
Posts18,476,780
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.