Page 15 of 29 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 28 29
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48

These cults operate in opposition to Christian beliefs. Mormons don’t believe Jesus is fully God. Mormons believe in Aryanism, which involves the denial of the deity of Jesus. Jesus was God Himself, not a created son of God. Other cuktic groups (7th Day Adventists) believe that as well. If one of the Godhead is considered inferior to the others, or created by one of them, you don’t have a real Trinity. Jesus is God Almighty in human flesh. John 1:1, 8:58, 10:30

Amen!

'Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!”'
(Joh 20:28 ESV)

After he had to see to believe.

Indeed he did. Salvation is still free for those who did not see.
'Jesus said to him, “Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”'
(Joh 20:29 ESV)

Blind faith is a beautiful blessing.

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

These cults operate in opposition to Christian beliefs. Mormons don’t believe Jesus is fully God. Mormons believe in Aryanism, which involves the denial of the deity of Jesus. Jesus was God Himself, not a created son of God. Other cuktic groups (7th Day Adventists) believe that as well. If one of the Godhead is considered inferior to the others, or created by one of them, you don’t have a real Trinity. Jesus is God Almighty in human flesh. John 1:1, 8:58, 10:30

Amen!

'Jesus said to him, “Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”'

Yep.
He wasn’t called ‘Doubting Thomas’ for nothing,

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by lvmiker

This drivel combined with your previous posts put you in the running w/ crappy hamper for the idiot of the day award.

The dumbest are always the loudest, keep screeching kids.

Trust me when I say I don't care who calls me names. Believe me I have been called much worse. This place is tame.

I honestly would like to know what your spiritual beliefs are. I would just like to know if you apply the same level of skepticism to your beliefs as you do to the Bible.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Originally Posted by antlers
I don’t think ‘fear’ has anything to do with it. I think a lotta people are put off by others who come across as judgmental, bigoted, moralistic homophobes who cherry-pick the sins of others as somehow being worse than their own while sitting in a congregation full of fellow sinners Sunday after Sunday after Sunday. If one is prejudiced, or hates, someone else for whatever reason...that's their business. Especially when they're honest enough to admit that that's what it is. At least they're honest about it. Others choose to use the Bible to justify their prejudice and hatred of certain others...hidin' behind the shield of Christianity and doin' the exact opposite of what Jesus Himself would do...and taught.

Nothing there I disagree with.

Agreeing with your nothing to disagree about.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I think the message of Jesus resonates with a lotta people. I think a lotta the messengers of that message are largely what drives many people away from it. Understandably.

Or at least the excuse used is the messenger. If the message of Christ was understood and believed then how it was received would not matter.

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by slumlord

TIL that L Ron Hubbard believed that tomatoes feel pain and that - if it is quiet enough - you can hear them scream when they are sliced

Hubbard was a thelemite. He was a satanist.

And made a bunch of money pushing that scchitt,

Sure. satanists like money.

'And he[satan] said to him, “All these I will give you, if you will fall down and worship me.”'
(Mat 4:9 ESV)

Chr*stians like money also.

Atheists, agnostics and pagans like money too. So what is your point. The whole money/greed thing is a red herring when it comes to what is spiritually true.

Point being that no one group is pure in that regard and especially in that regard. The evil ones and the good one, the just and the unjust.

It’s called “The Human Condition “.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by NVhntr
I don’t think ‘fear’ has anything to do with it. I think a lotta people are put off by others who come across as judgmental, bigoted, moralistic homophobes who cherry-pick the sins of others as somehow being worse than their own while sitting in a congregation full of fellow sinners Sunday after Sunday after Sunday. If one is prejudiced, or hates, someone else for whatever reason...that's their business. Especially when they're honest enough to admit that that's what it is. At least they're honest about it. Others choose to use the Bible to justify their prejudice and hatred of certain others...hidin' behind the shield of Christianity and doin' the exact opposite of what Jesus Himself would do...and taught.

Nothing there I disagree with.

Agreeing with your nothing to disagree about.

🦫

I don’t disagree.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

'What if some were unfaithful? Does their faithlessness nullify the faithfulness of God? By no means! Let God be true though every one were a liar, as it is written, “That you may be justified in your words, and prevail when you are judged.”'
(Rom 3:3-4 ESV)

Jesus clearly taught against sin and rejected sin.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just showed you what Paul said about non Christians.
In the verse you referenced, Paul was talking to the Galatian Christians about the Judaizers, who were a faction of the Jewish Christians. Paul had previously brought the Gospel to the Galatian Christians, and it was warmly received by them. But the Judaizers came along and taught them a distorted Gospel. And some of these Galatian Christians were accepting of it. The distortion was the Judaizers were going to these Gentile Christians and telling them they had to also follow the law of Moses to be right with God. Nobody involved were “non-Christians.”
Pagans do what pagans do, but he most definitely called out what pagans did.
Except the Galatians were Gentile Christians, and the Judaizers were Jewish Christians.
Christ, Paul, and all the Apostles called out and told non believers they were sinners.
That’s way different than being judgemental. Jesus Himself didn’t ‘judge’ the Samaritan woman at the well for her sin.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Amen!

You can say that again.
I just read that passage the other day again and Jesus was absolutely right.....of course.

What the false prophets we are discussing have done is to offer a different Jesus who they say is the spirit brother of Lucifer.
They say that God was once a man who became a god.
They teach a different gospel from a false god and commingled that with the true God of the Bible.
That's why its so hard for LDS to get saved.

II Corinthians 4:3,4
"But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them."

Satan is here the false god of this world. This is the luciferian deception we are pointing out.

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
In the verse you referenced, Paul was talking to the Galatian Christians about the Judaizers, who were a faction of the Jewish Christians. Paul had previously brought the Gospel to the Galatian Christians, and it was warmly received by them. But the Judaizers came along and taught them a distorted Gospel. And some of these Galatian Christians were accepting of it. The distortion was the Judaizers were going to these Gentile Christians and telling them they had to also follow the law of Moses to be right with God. Nobody involved were “non-Christians.”
Except the Galatians were Gentile Christians, and the Judaizers were Jewish Christians.
Christ, Paul, and all the Apostles called out and told non believers they were sinners.
That’s way different than being judgemental. Jesus Himself didn’t ‘judge’ the Samaritan woman at the well for her sin.

Actually, he did judge her, but also forgave her when he said "Go they way and sin no more".

Tarquin
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
[
Point being that no one group is pure in that regard and especially in that regard. The evil ones and the good one, the just and the unjust.

It’s called “The Human Condition “.

Agreed. All are sinners. The Bible teaches this.
"But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it— the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction: for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,"
(Rom 3:21-24 ESV)

It is important to understand that just because every human is a sinner is no reason to reject Christ.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think the message of Jesus resonates with a lotta people. I think a lotta the messengers of that message are largely what drives many people away from it. Understandably.
Or at least the excuse used is the messenger. If the message of Christ was understood and believed then how it was received would not matter.
The current generation of church leaders is losing the conversation with non-Christians. In fact, they’re mostly not even in the conversation anymore. But they continue to absolve themselves of any responsibility for this. Maybe they need to change their approach to the conversation itself, because their current approach to the conversation is making less and less of a difference every day.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Your piety prevents you from seeing, understanding, and following.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Christ also told us to judge but to do it righteously. “Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.” (Joh 7:24 ESV)The context of Mat 7:1 is telling us not to be a hypocrite. “You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye." (Mat 7:5 ESV)Paul was very judgmental when the situation required it.
He (Paul) did make it crystal clear that he had no business judging ANYBODY outside of the church. How many times have we seen ‘Christians’ judge non-Christians for not acting like Christians...? Why would a ‘Christian’ expect a non-Christian to act like a Christian...? Why would a Christian be critical and berating to a non-Christian for not acting like a Christian...? Apostle Paul said “what business is it of mine to judge those outside of the church...?” Why would a Christian judge outsiders for not embracing the values of something they’ve never signed up for in the first place...?

"But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed."
(Gal 1:8-9 ESV)

So Constantine and all the Bishops of Nicaea went straight to Hell???????

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Question: a person lives a life during which he harms no one, is dependent on no one and raises and provides for a family that he raises w/ the same values. That person protects and helps others w/ lesser abilities. That person does not embrace the same belief system as do you. Is that person doomed to a fiery furnace or another form of perdition?

Simple question. What say you?

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Christ and Paul talked to non believers. That was their purpose. That was their goal. Obviously. Else there would have not been any conversions. Chris's target audience were non Christians. Again, obviously.

What I do is tell people they are sinners like me. The only way to fix this broken condition is to reject false beliefs like Mormonism and come to Christ. This is exactly what Paul, Christ and all the Apostles did.

'She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, “Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on sin no more.”'
(Joh 8:11 ESV)

Last edited by OldHat; 06/13/21.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ironbender
People can believe what they want (in a perfect world). Just don’t push it on others, insist anything else is wrong, and throw it in their faces.

Do that, and I won’t hurt you! 😳 😁

The US is not a theocracy. So no one is forced to worship Christ. The US is free I can say what I think is wrong. People have the right to not believe anything I say. It's a pretty simple concept really.

Missed the point, but that’s ok.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
I think Antlers has a better understanding of the true meaning of Christ’s teachings than 90% of believers.
Old hat seems to have trouble seeing the Forrest for all the trees.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Mormonism is a cult, and Joseph Smith was their prophet. In fact, Smith egotistically took his role a step further and claimed to be the “Spirit of Prophecy”.

The Mormons and other long-term cults, or lifestyle cults (Jehovah Witnesses and 7th Day Adventists) have their own embellished biblical writings, their own diet, and their own culture.

Mormons don’t believe hell is a place of everlasting punishment. (Scripture says it is.)

Some Mormons believe Jesus and Lucifer are brothers.

They believe in 3 levels of heaven: the lowest level is for good Christians outside their church. The middle level is only for baptized members of their church. The top level is for the Mormons that live up the standards of their church. and include things like lifestyle habits (no caffeine, etc), participation in meetings and services, etc. A bishop hands out temple passes, and members can’t participate in temple services without the pass. It is those Mormons who take part in temple services who get the top level of heaven.

Mormonism is completely based on works for salvation, instead of by grace through faith.

On the surface, they are nice, look okay, and act okay. A lot of them probably don’t even realize they’re putting their trust in something that is not real. The deception is powerful and real. Deception works. That’s how cults work.

I have to wonder if you know as little about the other "cults" you speak of as you know little of the SDA "cult'. Because every word you stated about the SDA is patently false.

Tell us more about the "special diet" of the SDA and the "different culture" of the SDA congregation.

Here is a clue: The only diet required of SDA is the same as demanded by God throughout the Old Testament.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Page 15 of 29 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 28 29

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

173 members (6mmCreedmoor, 257 roberts, 1badf350, 470Evans, 16penny, 44mc, 18 invisible), 1,744 guests, and 821 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,651
Posts18,512,655
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.