Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
We have been in this location for thirty years. My feeling is that it is drier over the last ten than it was over the twenty previous. There have been some very dry years previously but usually only a single year or even a single season. Now, there are ponds which have been full for the last thirty years but are dry now. I visited a couple of back country lakes a couple weeks ago and they are fifteen to twenty feet below previous levels. My daughter sent pictures of her swimming pool in Palm Bay, Florida which had gained about four inches of water in one day. Shockingly, that has had no effect on water levels here; only 3000 miles away. GD

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
People living in a historically arid area bitching about a lack of rain.Go figure. shocked

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Dutch Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Huntz
People living in a historically arid area bitching about a lack of rain.Go figure. shocked

Gotcha. Next time you guys flood out, I'm going to remind you of that statement.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Dutch

Gotcha. Next time you guys flood out, I'm going to remind you of that statement.

Never have flooded out.Might be problems next Ice Age.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dutch

Yeah, I get tired of those folks along the Mississippi, Missouri, etc rivers complaining that this is the third time in the last 40 years their towns have flooded. And they blame the US Army Corp of Engineers...........................not the folks that originally sited a town in a friggen flood plain.

Lucky here, we had some clouds yesterday, and more today that kept the heat down some. And more importantly, no dry lightning!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by duck911
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
Been above average rain where I live. Rivers have been too high and muddy to bass fish all year.

Yep. We haven’t been able to fish our pond for the last 2 1/2 years, due to the water being up in the trees and brush. You simply can’t cast. Fish and other wildlife are thriving in there, big time.

Just, STOP.

We are talking about the west.

WE GET IT. Plenty of you are getting rain, where you usually get rain, in the east.

For fuggs sake.

The conversation is about the serious issues in the western states.

After reading your posts, I thought it was about crying. Did you have snot bubbles coming out of your nose when you typed that?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Arid is far different from devoid of moisture, Go Figure.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Valsdad

I'm even getting used to using the dishwasher to wash a full load of dishes on the short cycle to save some water.

Hang in there, man. You'll make it.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Entire civilizations have fallen in the southwest more than once in recent history due to drought.

True, but of course they did not have the wheel yet.

They even had hoop games where they rolled a hoop around, but for some reason they failed to figure out wheeled transportation.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
prayers sent

Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
Been above average rain where I live. Rivers have been too high and muddy to bass fish all year.

Yep. We haven’t been able to fish our pond for the last 2 1/2 years, due to the water being up in the trees and brush. You simply can’t cast. Fish and other wildlife are thriving in there, big time.

Just, STOP.

We are talking about the west.

WE GET IT. Plenty of you are getting rain, where you usually get rain, in the east.

For fuggs sake.

The conversation is about the serious issues in the western states.

IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Modern Americans have no concept of suffering. Politicians will come to the rescue.

[Linked Image from izquotes.com]

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
China said they experimenting controlling the weather in much larger areas. But they did not say where.

China has had very serious flooding over the last two years. If they had the ability to control weather I would think they would make life better for themselves.

They are NOT causing our drought.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by mirage243
Originally Posted by Bama_Rick
I didn't read the whole thread, but I suspect the title might be a bit misleading. It's been raining here since Friday.

Dude, you're giving the rest of us a bad name, you from Tuscaloosa? 🤣🤣

Everywhere has somewhere. LOL

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Damn it. I said it was china weather control. They are getting ready to invade the west with troops.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Damn it. I said it was china weather control. They are getting ready to invade the west with troops.

I guess it's a BYOW mission.

Dutch Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OldHat
China said they experimenting controlling the weather in much larger areas. But they did not say where.

China has had very serious flooding over the last two years. If they had the ability to control weather I would think they would make life better for themselves.

They are NOT causing our drought.

China has been VERY serious about fighting desertification in Inner Mongolia in attempt to stop and reverse the increase in deserts in that area. Many billions of trees planted, for nearly forty years now.

I can’t get a good read on the results / effects of the effort. According to the CCP, it is a smashing success, with reduction and even reversal of desert encroachment, reduction in sand and dust storms, etc, etc. All hail to their magnificent leaders, etc, etc, etc.

Outside reports are mixed, with establishment academe poo-pooing the effort as short sighted, damaging to the existing ecosystem, and certain to fail. Of course, it wasn’t their idea......

30 more years and we’ll probably have an idea of the real effect.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Posted about this before, but might be worth bringing up again. The submerged forest at the bottom of Fallen Leaf Lake near Tahoe:

https://www.hcn.org/issues/44.22/underwater-forest-reveals-the-story-of-a-historic-megadrought

I'm thinking that the west has been pretty lucky the past 200 years or so.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
Posted about this before, but might be worth bringing up again. The submerged forest at the bottom of Fallen Leaf Lake near Tahoe:

https://www.hcn.org/issues/44.22/underwater-forest-reveals-the-story-of-a-historic-megadrought

Very interesting.

Human civilization is a house of cards that can turn into a dystopian nightmare if mother nature hiccups.

Dutch Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley

Thank you. That seems to conflict with the lengths of the droughts, and the timing, with the University of Columbia study. More data needed, but this is neat stuff.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (007FJ, 02bfishn, 160user, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 1Longbow, 59 invisible), 2,491 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,431
Posts18,470,796
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.