Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
mikieb Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
I live in rural Wisconsin and I have my own area, on my own land, to shoot when ever I want or need to....

I have a few folk that live in the near distance... that also have area on their own land to shoot... and I have a small quantity of Public land near by with little to no regulations for recreational shooting...

Before the ammo shortage set in.... One guy up on a hill just a mile to the west would be out by 930am Saturday and shoot guns all day 'till 3-4 pm... non stop. And then do it all the same on Sunday... gun fire all day, all weekend, EVERY weekend.

Other land owners around me that are from urban areas come out on random weekends and do the same from time to time... Then you add in the random recreational shooter on the public land near me and all you hear all weekend and some week days in the summer is non-stop gunfire...

The 4th of July weekend reminded me of how nice it is to have the ammo shortage... and not have to hear gunfire in the country all day, every day.

Now, when I occasionally hear gunfire off in the distance.... I think.... "that guy must be wealthy..."

Well... we have come to the point.... where... the parasites are killing the host. It's only a matter of time now.

They only win.... when they cheat.
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by mikieb
One guy up on a hill just a mile to the west would be out by 930am Saturday and shoot guns all day 'till 3-4 pm... non stop. And then do it all the same on Sunday... gun fire all day, all weekend, EVERY weekend.

He posts here under the handle aalf.
Good guy and really good shot. laugh

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
There are probably a couple libs frequenting this site who might share your enthusiasm.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I live in rural Wisconsin and I have my own area, on my own land, to shoot when ever I want or need to....

I have a few folk that live in the near distance... that also have area on their own land to shoot... and I have a small quantity of Public land near by with little to no regulations for recreational shooting...

Before the ammo shortage set in.... One guy up on a hill just a mile to the west would be out by 930am Saturday and shoot guns all day 'till 3-4 pm... non stop. And then do it all the same on Sunday... gun fire all day, all weekend, EVERY weekend.

Other land owners around me that are from urban areas come out on random weekends and do the same from time to time... Then you add in the random recreational shooter on the public land near me and all you hear all weekend and some week days in the summer is non-stop gunfire...

The 4th of July weekend reminded me of how nice it is to have the ammo shortage... and not have to hear gunfire in the country all day, every day.

Now, when I occasionally hear gunfire off in the distance.... I think.... "that guy must be wealthy..."

Move to town problem solved.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My neighbors mention my shooting occasionally.... I tell them we live in rural Montana, it is what we do......
Maybe they should move to a more appropriate place

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My neighbors called the sheriff multiple times. He finally told them there was absolutely nothing illegal about target shooting in the country. I have a better and higher dirt berm than the local shooting range. I tried to talk to them about times when it wouldn't trouble them so much but they wanted zero shooting. They are cousins that moved back after living 30 years in suburban Houston.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am down to one California neighbor, and naturally they are the ones that are concerned..... they even asked me if they needed a permit for the pistol they own for bear protection.... hahahahhahahahah

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by irfubar
I am down to one California neighbor, and naturally they are the ones that are concerned..... they even asked me if they needed a permit for the pistol they own for bear protection.... hahahahhahahahah

I once crossed paths with some granola azzed Karen hikers while elk hunting near Bozeman. Still being many miles back in NF. They asked me why I was hunting where people come to hike and told me they didn't think that was safe. I asked why they were hiking where people come to elk hunt and confirmed, it wasn't safe.

The head Karen's head looked like it was about to explode. Maybe I should have suggested she move to Wisconsin.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Move to town and you get to hear your neighbors argue, their dog barking all day, or a car parked running on the street at midnight with the stereo blaring.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gunfire is the sound of freedom...... smile

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Even in Chicago.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Even in Chicago.

Yes... not patriots fault if they abuse that right.... good grief Toot

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Hasn't really affected me but if it makes it easier for me to get public land hunting permits then I may join your club.

Last edited by Whiptail; 07/11/21.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Take no offense.

I should have said ‘especially in Chicago ‘.

Some would say folks there are doing a very good job.

It ain’t abuse when gangbangers annihilate each other down to the lowest common denominator,

But some folks do long to find offense .

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Take no offense.

It ain’t abuse when gangbangers annihilate each other down to the lowest common denominator,

Liberals are cool with it...... as for me... IDGAF if they kill each other. that will be about the only thing I have in common with lib's

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Fewer yahoos at the local public range is a defanite plus. Pretty much had the range to myself this morning - no factory ammo was shot.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Take no offense.

Liberals are cool with it...... as for me... IDGAF if they kill each other. that will be about the only thing I have in common with lib's

We’re talking good abuse here, no doubt.

Like you, I and just about everyone that I know could care less in that gun control measures there and elsewheres speak clearly for themselves.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I have a few folk that live in the near distance...that also have area on their own land to shoot... and I have a small quantity of Public land near by with little to no regulations for recreational shooting...

Other land owners around me that are from urban areas come out on random weekends and do the same from time to time...Then you add in the random recreational shooter on the public land near me and all you hear all weekend and some week days in the summer is non-stop gunfire...

The 4th of July weekend reminded me of how nice it is to have the ammo shortage...and not have to hear gunfire in the country all day, every day.

Sounds an awful lot like "Rules for thee but not for me", no?

Hope no one fires up a chainsaw or a tractor on the weekend without a permission slip from Mikie. Rural living can be a real bitch...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Even in Chicago.

I would bet a bunch of Chicago homicides are justified, the shooter just walks off and disappears. Doesn't want to face a gun charge.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
M
mikieb Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by DingoDuk

Move to town problem solved.

Well... we have come to the point.... where... the parasites are killing the host. It's only a matter of time now.

They only win.... when they cheat.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (14idaho, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, Aero, 13 invisible), 1,318 guests, and 852 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,678
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.