Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Muffin
For those with questions/comments on the 22RF I suggest that the discussion move to this thread..... so as to not hijack How much do you shoot

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/12061610/32

I don’t mind if they hijack I’m finding it interesting.

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
my shooting is usually in the fall and winter. usually once every few weeks i'll take something out back and plink. occasionally me and the kids light up the valley with AR's and various and sundry assorted semi auto fire. i shoot my 35's lately because i have a schit ton of ammo and i like pumps and levers. the 338 fed and 7/08 scout guns get some range time every year too in anticipation of walks in the woods. i stocked up when times were good. i can have a nice afternoon shooting and not shoot 30 rounds of centerfire though. just plink.

My diploma is a DD214
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I shoot something pretty much every day. I don't shoot just to shoot much anymore. But will shoot the top of a tee post if I miss or haven't shot something for a few days. Scopes and mounting systems are so bullet proof that they don't get knocked off anymore.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Nollij
DD, do the primer pockets ever loosen up?

See the text about half way down the page about when I went supersonic. Short version, yes it can happen.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/12061610/27

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I don't shoot store bought cartridges!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Not nearly enough.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
We use to go to a Private Range twice a month before Obummer.
My girl stopped going before the end of Obummers Raine and I cut down to several times a Years
I stopped paying for the Membership to the Range a year and a half ago. and have not been shooting since.
All of my resources are going towards me getting out of this crap hole I live in now and getting myself to Arizona.
When I get to Arizona I have had numerous invites to go shoot when ever I want and How much I want.
Hopefully that will be in the near future.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
You shoot standard factory cartridges?

It costs me about 4 cents to reload a .22.

It isn't nice to gloat about all the 3 cent (or less) primers you stocked up on Dan grin

I just checked my account at Acme Bullets I've ordered 9100 cast coated bullets from them since last March.

http://www.acmebullet.com/

I finally sent my Dillion 550 back to the mothership for service. I got motivated due to the lock down. It had been a PITA for years, like a car that was out of alinement Primers not feeding well at all. I wish I'd sent it back years ago because now it runs like a top and I have a good supply of components on hand.

My all time favorite gun of any kind is a S&W Model 69 with a Vortex Venom red dot. I had a custom holster made for it and a local gunsmith did an excellent action job on it. Wife and I both like to shoot. She has a bit of a completive nature and her eye sight is 9 years younger than mine. Prior to adding the red dot she had been kicking my butt on the steel target challenges.... I'm back in the lead now but not by much cool

Please don't feed the trolls!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Me and a bud went to the pit today.

He shot his 308 bolt gun and the 458 socom in an ar-15.

I shot the 25-45 sharps in an ar-15 and a 22-250 that i traded for last year and have not shot it much.

It was a hoot,even if they were not the usual hunting rifles.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not short of ammo, but rather short on time.

Bought a boat in march and it is taking a huge chunk of time out of my weeks. I do stop at a range and shoot 2 cylinders out of my LCR .22 on my way home from weekly business. Once a month, or so I'll empty out the LC9S, or the LCR .38...

We used to see the odd varmint in the yard, but we adopted a beagle pup 5 years ago. Not much around when she's out...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I shoot 3 days a week.

I work remote, so 3 days a week (Mon, Wed, and Fri) I spend the middle half of my day at my range, maybe, 10AM to 2PM. We have an "executive lounge" (their naming, not mine) but it is nice, quiet, and comfortable. I work a couple of hours, eat (or make) my lunch, and shoot an hour or so.

[Linked Image]

( https://www.libertyrange.com/ )

I have so much powder and primer and components that I will likely never run out.

On a typical week I will shoot perhaps 100 each of .357, .44 mag, .45 ACP, .45LC, and.380. Double that in 9mm and .22. Other handgun calibers, it just varies.

I shoot less with the rifles, but just because I am always tweaking loads, and it goes slower. So maybe 20-40 rounds each of .17 FB, .204 Ruger, and 22.250. Even less of 45-70 and big game stuff. But I blow through ,22 as well with the long guns.

Last edited by duck911; 07/17/21.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
How much do I shoot? Not nearly as much anymore as I would like.

I have never shot at formal competition, nor have I ever owned an autoloader until this week.

I used to do load development as recreation.

I have shot out two bolt rifle barrels, and the Teslong shows that a Ruger #1 and a couple other bolt rifles are not far behind. But for thirty years I had a benchrest ten yards from the front door.

Today, I have to drive seven miles to my old benchrest and steel plate range, or ten miles out to unlimited range on the BLM, or twenty miles to an actual gun club range which I have been to once in the last year.

These days I shoot handguns much more than I do my rifles.

To address the accuracy needed to hunt big game. Yes, my Dad hunted that way. An elk is as big as a cow, and just fill them full of lead.

But I discovered a better way. I figured out that a lot less meat is wasted and you do not have to hunt wounded game if you hit the aortic arch with the first shot, rather than hit the elk.

I made sure my rifles were capable of that task out to 500 yds.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
How much do I shoot? Not nearly as much anymore as I would like.

I have never shot at formal competition, nor have I ever owned an autoloader until this week.

I used to do load development as recreation.

I have shot out two bolt rifle barrels, and the Teslong shows that a Ruger #1 and a couple other bolt rifles are not far behind. But for thirty years I had a benchrest ten yards from the front door.

Today, I have to drive seven miles to my old benchrest and steel plate range, or ten miles out to unlimited range on the BLM, or twenty miles to an actual gun club range which I have been to once in the last year.

These days I shoot handguns much more than I do my rifles.

To address the accuracy needed to hunt big game. Yes, my Dad hunted that way. An elk is as big as a cow, and just fill them full of lead.

But I discovered a better way. I figured out that a lot less meat is wasted and you do not have to hunt wounded game if you hit the aortic arch with the first shot, rather than hit the elk.

I made sure my rifles were capable of that task out to 500 yds.

Did you ever make it out to the Colorado Gateway Dynamite shoot? Probably not a bad drive from where I think you are at. A great time - Long range competitions for cash - exploding targets at great distances and the cash pot grows until someone hits them. All different classes of guns (open sights all the way to high powered stuff)

Sadly, it looks like it will never be held again.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Never seen the Colorado state line. So that would be a no. Never heard of a dynamite shoot. And I have never shot long range.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I don't shoot much centerfire rifle much anymore, my hunting rifles have all the loads worked up with several hundred reloads of each for each rifle...for range/hunting use long after I'm gone. This is for my son and two grandkids that shoot and hunt. I check "zero" each fall for my hunting grandson and that's about it. I let him shoot the deer now and very rarely carry a rifle.

My time is far better spent with my Boy Scout troop which I sponsor three major shooting events a year plus
working with a small group of scouts who just love pulling a trigger every week on the shotgun range. ATTEMPING TO PASS ON TO THE YOUNGER GENERATION THE JOY OF SHOOTING AND HUNTING ON WHAT I HAVE LEARNED ON MY OWN AND SO MUCH MORE I HAVE LEARNED FROM HERE ON THE CAMPFIRE.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
My main big game rifle shoots .257 Wby magnum 115 gr factory loads. It’s dead accurate. Before hunting I shoot one sight in shot. If it is on target, and it has been for many years, hopefully, I only need one shot for the animal. I bought five boxes of factory rounds a few years ago. Likely a lifetime supply.

My varmint rifles are a different story……….😊

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Weekly, sometimes twice. CF, RF, rifle and handgun. Been doing a bit shotgun too. The cost is what it is, and I have piles of components and .22 ammo. Having something to go bang is never an issue. Neither is space for my stuff, or time.

I don’t reload .22s, yet, but I’m thinking about making my own #11 caps.

Since several of my hunting rifles potentially have somewhat short barrel life, I don’t shoot them much after working up a load. Hunting shots are short, so I also don’t need to figure out drop at very long range. I shoot at 200 at times, and 300 to check POI, but play around with stuff that will last, not something like my Fieldcraft, which is now more or less irreplaceable.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not nearly as much as I used to, but I still manage to burn a box or two of center fire per rifle every summer. Considering I’ve got more guns now though, it’s probably pretty close.
I just enjoy making things go bang, and if I’m not burning through reloads I’m usually burning through rimfires.
Only thing bothers me is that right now it’s a little harder to replace the components I use. If it stays this way, in 4 years or so I may have to cut back!
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Most of my shooting is in weekly competition: 3 gun, IDPA, USPSA, Practical Rifle etc. I try to practice one day a week with my pistols. I only shoot my hunting rifles when I am working up loads or getting ready to go hunting. Most of my rifle shooting is with AR-15's. With pistols (mostly Glocks) it's almost all 9mm. Right now I load all of the 9mm I shoot. I have enough ammo and components that I am still shooting regularly. I also shoot air rifles in my basement which is cheap and convenient.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I shoot once a week, occasionally twice a week.

November - December when hunting has wrapped up through late May, sometimes into June I'm fiddling with equipment; rifles, scopes, cartridges, handloads, etc.
Afterwards, until hunting season kicks off, I'm off the bench practicing with sticks, off-hand, prone, longer than usual distances, hunting rifle competitions, etc.

Oh, yea, almost forgot - and waiting to not draw a Moose tag ... cry

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1badf350, 59 invisible), 2,475 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,410
Posts18,470,373
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.