-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I usually hate arrogance.... but for some reason W juniper has me intrigued. I think he has an interesting point I had never considered.

Oh and Geno, you are still the smartest man on the fire ...... and Beav would be wise to stay in his lane.... not... lol

We are a merry band of heathens....

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Just to stir the schidt, does everyone here carry all the time? I have heard a lot of rationalizations for not carrying in the past, hopefully that has changed. I doubt it

mike r

I've been shooting all my life.

In high school I drove a '67 El Co. Kept my model 94 and a baseball bat in the gun rack. Parked next to the classrooms. Windows down and doors unlocked.

In the sixties, early 70's I would break down a model 94 and grab my 30 cal Luger, stow em' in a pack and hitch-hike up to our Farm near Cut n' Shoot Tx., stay a few days and catch a ride back home.

Over the next years, I typically had a firearm in reasonable proximity until one day in 1991.

At that time I was a licensed commercial real estate appraiser, and was in Kileen Tx. to perform an appraisal on two Apartment complexes. I went to lunch with the Manger and Maintenance Super at a local cafe that was a block or two down the street. It was called Luby's.
I finished my appraisl the next day and headed back to the sububurb of Houston where I lived. On Wednesday, October 16, 1991, George Hennard, drove his pickup truck through the front window of the restaurant(Luby's). He quickly shot and killed 23 people, and wounded 27 others. He had a brief shootout with police, refused their orders to surrender, and fatally shot himself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luby%27s_shooting

The two folk that I had had lunch with on Monday were back there eating lunch when Mr. Hennnard carried out his attack. One was killed the other shot twice, in the face and knee IIRC.

Since that day I have not entered a Stop-N-Rob nor a restaurant, or any place where I cannot make an immediate and unimpeded exit without being strapped.

I have a Texas State issued LTC, and if I can't carry, about 99% of the time I don't go. What has helped is the 30-07 law that requires an business owner to post a State approved notice in regards to carrying a firearm, and only if you refuse to leave when requested have you commited an infraction.

Of course, being a Law Abiding Citizen, I never............

I do shoot weekly, sometimes multiple times.

Fortunately, in 30 years of carrying, I've only had to display a weapon 4 times to diffuse a situation.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Zero'ing a P365XL with Romeo Zero (my current daily carry) @10 yds.

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Western_Juniper
A couple of you have asked about what "class" you're in. If you haven't asked, don't let me presume to tell you.

In America, class has very little to do with heredity or whether you come from a noble family, the way it does in Britian or Europe. It has some but not just because. The cause is incidental. Social class also has less to do with how much money you have. It has a lot more to do with what you do to have the money.

The upper class in America do nothing to get their money. So while one doesn't inherit "nobility" in America, they can inherit money which goes a way to establishing social status not because of the wealth but because of the leisure by which it is attained. Ironically, Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk will never be upper class because they did something to attain their wealth, something as vulgar as having an idea for some new thing. They're tasteless nouveau riche, along with Justin Bieber. They're strictly middle class simply with a perverse amount of money.

Middle class people work for their money, but if you're wondering if you're middle or working class, you can find the answer most easily by stating your alma matter. Again, Americans don't have a system of nobility, so they invented this substitute for heraldry. Just having a college degree doesn't equal status. Which university it's from makes all the difference. If that doesn't make it clear enough, you can answer how many suits you own. The suit has been the uniform of the middle class. While it's fallen from fashion, unless you're in your twenties, you'd still have a fair collection of them. You could also consider the number of flights on commercial airlines you typically take in a year. The airlines are overwhelmingly for the middle class. Uppers and lowers wouldn't tolerate the humiliation. Middles do it for their corporate masters. Besides the corporations, middles work as professionals: physicians, lawyers, dentists.

The working class might start to think of themselves as landed gentry once they've got more than an acre. An easy distinction between them and the middle is whether they ever risked injury in their work. How many physicians, finance managers, senior directors of marketing or executive vice presidents with a degree from the University of Iowa ever risked a work-related injury, ever?

Within the prole section, the distinction is drawn based mostly on how much supervision you're under in your work and how much money it produces for you. A builder that starts his own general contracting business is on his way to high prole status with a ski boat in his straight driveway, but he'll still drink beer from a can and his alma matter, if he has one, isn't worthy of reverencing it with a sticker on his truck. A huge tv screen is almost certain to be the centerpiece of his living room.

There are lower classes. Immediately, the blue collar worker under stricter supervision, and proceeding all the way down to destitutes and the institutionalized.

Do you really believe all that? Did you just paraphrase some of what the authors I linked to wrote? Take some classes in "Class Structure" at a university ? (The title of which makes no difference to me) .

Are you worried because you don't fit into the class you would like to be a part of?

Are you worried because of the coming "storm" mentioned in the book GWB linked to?

What class, in your estimation, does a person who grew up performing work in which they risked injury, but they "progressed" past that by obtaining a degree and working, while wearing a suit, for their Corporate Masters, and who now owns and exhibits all the accoutrements of Middle Class belong to? Does it really matter to you? Does it really matter to them? What if they still like to perform work which has some danger inherent in it, like cleaning their own gutters?

That Ag school you mentioned? Upper tier school? High-prole producing school? Again, does it matter to YOU?

Are you fearful of a possible coming economic rearrangement? Do you believe you will drop down a class or two on the economic class scale? Do you live in fear of it?

Do you have a "huge tv screen"?

Do not worry son, as I learned in the early 70's because:

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by irfubar
I usually hate arrogance.... but for some reason W juniper has me intrigued. I think he has an interesting point I had never considered.

Perhaps its the buzzwords......

* Upper class -- they might own a few Purdeys and if they own a handgun it would be a Webley revolver, but they certainly don't carry it, ever.
* Upper-Middle -- the Mark and Patricia McCloskeys, hopeless affectation at best
* Middle class (American bourgeoisie) -- Clark Griswold, corporate policy forbids it, they're also too insecure to try anything perceived as unconventional, unwilling to offend anyone or assert themselves at the risk of acceptance, most likely to go along with "gun control" out of fear
* High Prole (petit bourgeoisie) -- often richer than the middle class, displayed in their high-end bass boats, $35K turbo SxS, new Harley or KTM motorcycle, and 45 foot 5th wheel with a new high-end turbo diesel duallie; they're also under less supervision at work than the corporate man or the wage slave below them, they may even own the small business, and they carry
* Mid Prole -- Fred Flintstone, Archie Bunker, Homer Simpson, like the white collar office worker, they're under too much supervision to get away with carry that's against company rules and even if they put it on after work to affect a less supervised high prole, they don't often go anywhere but their own house or Walmart. Even when they travel, it's likely to tourist places like Disney resorts. Most likely to open carry (at Walmart).
* Low Prole -- have a good probability of a criminal record, either felony, drugs, or domestic that keeps them prohibited, most likely to carry illegally but most don't because of the greater probability that even if they're lawful, they live in an area that's overpoliced and they're likely to be harrassed

I have been surprised by the vitriol and ad hominem attacks in regard to a fellow poster that has expressed views that are not de rigueur!

Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend...Proverbs 27:17, KJV

ya!

GWB

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
GW, you're on to something there.

Buzzwords are not welcome in some circles, that's for sure.

Especially those sociological related ones around here.

And by the way, nice shooting.

As to Luby's, never having experienced same, but having a lifestyle when younger that has led me to "be prepared" I feel the same as you. I hate having to go into the Post Office, because you know, they really don't guarantee my safety there any more than at the local grocery..........or eatery.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Valsdad
GW, you're on to something there.

Buzzwords are not welcome in some circles, that's for sure.

Especially those sociological related ones around here.

And by the way, nice shooting.

As to Luby's, never having experienced same, but having a lifestyle when younger that has led me to "be prepared" I feel the same as you. I hate having to go into the Post Office, because you know, they really don't guarantee my safety there any more than at the local grocery..........or eatery.

I go to my P.O. Box most every day. Not at the same time, but consciously at varying times. Let's just say that one is in violation if he carries in the USPO as a civilian. I've asked a couple of LEO's, if they saw an old white guy, dressed appropriately other than having hs shirt not tucked in.(BTW, my kids tell me that if you see an old white guy, over 50, with his shirt-tail out, he's carryin' concealed.) and his weapon "printed, in the USPO, what would they do. All have said, they personally would ignore it. I then ask what they think brother local LEO's would do. Each has said, at most they would ask you to leave.

I always carry an assisted opening, or auto lock blade knife that is readily accessible and have as of late started carrying pepper spay as an alternative,( in addition to my weapon) and keep a can of wasp spray under the arm-rest in my vehicle. The kind of wasp spray that shoots a 20' spray, Both the pepper spray and wasp spray are non-leathal and the economics of shooting someone can cause financial embarrassment rather quickly!

I practice situational awareness and take reasonable precautions. When I was younger I could take an azz-whuppin' and bounce right back, but these days.........

ya!

GWB

PS: Full disclosure, I'm not a pistolero, so those 5 shot groups were fired from a rest and were supported, not free-hand.

Last edited by geedubya; 07/19/21.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ha ha,

Old white dude with untucked shirt. grin

Maybe old and young fellas with cargo pants too?

In this neck of the woods I just figure most everyone here is carryin' something.

In it is contentment

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Ii think someone once said

a wink is as good as a nod to a blind horse,

I find that a disarming smile and a kind word works wonders!

ya!

GWB

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

How's this for conflicted? Think of your white collar employee in corporate America. They went on from high school to get a college degree in finance, engineering, some kind of science, business etc. so they could presumably make a better salary. Did all that with no help from anyone. If they don't still have student debt, they've probably got a mortgage, car payments, maybe some credit cards, life insurance, and they need health insurance because they've got kids now and they have to be responsible and everything and eventually want to help their kids pay for college too. Don't owe a dime to anyone for anything. So they've got a job working for corporate America, the S&P 500, Fortune 100 -- take your pick. Large Design build Company, bigger than most. Which of these isn't liberal-minded especially when it comes to the 2nd Amendment? Amazon, Apple, IBM, Deloitte, Salesforce, PWC, Bank of America, JP Morgan, AT&T, Facebook, Exxon, Google... If Republican (legislators) are supposed to be pro-Corporate America (as opposed to progressive dems), their affection certainly isn't reciprocated on this issue. Could give a lusty crap! If they can do what I can do, have at it!

The conflict that the corporate man has stems from his huge investment in appealing to the corporations. His education, career, his family, his home, his healthcare, even where he lives, most all his life is leveraged on pleasing the company or another one just like it. I make them so much money they put up with me, I even quit once and they hired me back, at the desk of the other company. The Liberal Owner made the call himself! Can he afford to be controversially pro-gun, pro-carry? I am one of the Directors of our State Pro Gun organization, and am out front about it. I don't just mean will they survive career-wise. Do they have any friends that possess this unconventional thinking? What will their family think, the family that directed and supported their ascent through college into this career? Pop was more a gun whore than me, Mother carried every day of her life. Besides, I paid my own way through college. The wife's friends? We don't have any friends that don't realize self protection is an individual thing, unless you are in custody, no governmental agency is required to provide protection. Sure, it's concealed and it doesn't have to be anybody else's business. I wouldn't even suggest that anyone should know. But how many people in this situation are going to that way without some support or guidance from anyone? They never saw their parents do it. They didn't learn it in college. They don't see it visible at the office. Where would they even get the notion, and if they did, what are the chances they'd have the courage to do it? You evidently were raised by puzzies.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by renegade50
Same bat time .
Same bat channel....

Hitting the fart sack.....

Better be some more Big F u c king Pistol pics in the morning guys!!

#ushayseedsneedtoberepresenting!!!

🤣🤣🤣👍👍👍

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Is the growth of actual practice of concealed carry endemic exclusively among high proles, petit-bourgeoisie or the wealthier segment of the working class?

Most often I see it characterized as a thing favored by conservative members of the Republican party and criticized and chastened by liberal members of the Democratic party. Yet it seems equally evident that there are a lot of people, regardless of their political ideology, that do not and will not carry.

* Upper class -- they might own a few Purdeys and if they own a handgun it would be a Webley revolver, but they certainly don't carry it, ever.
* Upper-Middle -- the Mark and Patricia McCloskeys, hopeless affectation at best
* Middle class (American bourgeoisie) -- Clark Griswold, corporate policy forbids it, they're also too insecure to try anything perceived as unconventional, unwilling to offend anyone or assert themselves at the risk of acceptance, most likely to go along with "gun control" out of fear
* High Prole (petit bourgeoisie) -- often richer than the middle class, displayed in their high-end bass boats, $35K turbo SxS, new Harley or KTM motorcycle, and 45 foot 5th wheel with a new high-end turbo diesel duallie; they're also under less supervision at work than the corporate man or the wage slave below them, they may even own the small business, and they carry
* Mid Prole -- Fred Flintstone, Archie Bunker, Homer Simpson, like the white collar office worker, they're under too much supervision to get away with carry that's against company rules and even if they put it on after work to affect a less supervised high prole, they don't often go anywhere but their own house or Walmart. Even when they travel, it's likely to tourist places like Disney resorts. Most likely to open carry (at Walmart).
* Low Prole -- have a good probability of a criminal record, either felony, drugs, or domestic that keeps them prohibited, most likely to carry illegally but most don't because of the greater probability that even if they're lawful, they live in an area that's overpoliced and they're likely to be harrassed

Troll. By the very labels you choose, you insult and demonize. The question cannot be answered until it is asked honestly and without implied bias.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
This placing class on people! Then explaining its because of your higher education place! Just another unconfident, young person reaching for justification of their assumptions! Reminds me of 60's, coffee shop talk! Heard enough of that gibberish, in the 60's! Nothing here except a few words, most would never use, unless they were trying to impress their audience! Not impressed! Just be yourself, and stand for what you believe! Actions always speak louder than words!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Heym06
This placing class on people! Then explaining its because of your higher education place! Just another unconfident, young person reaching for justification of their assumptions! Reminds me of 60's, coffee shop talk! Heard enough of that gibberish, in the 60's! Nothing here except a few words, most would never use, unless they were trying to impress their audience! Not impressed! Just be yourself, and stand for what you believe! Actions always speak louder than words!

You there, neighbor to the North.

Stop making sense.

It's not allowed in these parts.

Hope the smoke's not too bad there, the Bootleg has become EPIC, for sure.

In it is contentment

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
DGAF what "class" you are, or the sockpuppet OP,s higher life form he thinks he is.
Probably just another Elkymasarnutts/AKPINHEAD reinvention for a feel good factor about himself on here.
He has been scuffed up on here pretty bad lately, so it's time for another sockpuppet approach......

Anyways.......

All mutha fugga,s can bleed and die...

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by geedubya
Just to stir the schidt, does everyone here carry all the time? I have heard a lot of rationalizations for not carrying in the past, hopefully that has changed. I doubt it

mike r

I've been shooting all my life.

In high school I drove a '67 El Co. Kept my model 94 and a baseball bat in the gun rack. Parked next to the classrooms. Windows down and doors unlocked.

In the sixties, early 70's I would break down a model 94 and grab my 30 cal Luger, stow em' in a pack and hitch-hike up to our Farm near Cut n' Shoot Tx., stay a few days and catch a ride back home.

Over the next years, I typically had a firearm in reasonable proximity until one day in 1991.

At that time I was a licensed commercial real estate appraiser, and was in Kileen Tx. to perform an appraisal on two Apartment complexes. I went to lunch with the Manger and Maintenance Super at a local cafe that was a block or two down the street. It was called Luby's.
I finished my appraisl the next day and headed back to the sububurb of Houston where I lived. On Wednesday, October 16, 1991, George Hennard, drove his pickup truck through the front window of the restaurant(Luby's). He quickly shot and killed 23 people, and wounded 27 others. He had a brief shootout with police, refused their orders to surrender, and fatally shot himself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luby%27s_shooting

The two folk that I had had lunch with on Monday were back there eating lunch when Mr. Hennnard carried out his attack. One was killed the other shot twice, in the face and knee IIRC.

Since that day I have not entered a Stop-N-Rob nor a restaurant, or any place where I cannot make an immediate and unimpeded exit without being strapped.

I have a Texas State issued LTC, and if I can't carry, about 99% of the time I don't go. What has helped is the 30-07 law that requires an business owner to post a State approved notice in regards to carrying a firearm, and only if you refuse to leave when requested have you commited an infraction.

Of course, being a Law Abiding Citizen, I never............

I do shoot weekly, sometimes multiple times.

Fortunately, in 30 years of carrying, I've only had to display a weapon 4 times to diffuse a situation.

Zero'ing a P365XL with Romeo Zero (my current daily carry) @10 yds.

ya!

GWB

That will due to shove in the upper classes face.
Medium sized F u c king pistol!!!!

😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just to stir the schidt, does everyone here carry all the time? I have heard a lot of rationalizations for not carrying in the past, hopefully that has changed. I doubt it.

The OP remains a moron, who really likes to type. Bourgeois, proletariat, satanist all in one post defines a phony of camper like dimension.

WJ, GFY some more.

mike r

Outside of court or the Capitol Chambers, (and then I leave my side arm in a friendly Representative's office as they trust me even if the Liberal Gov. of TN does not.) I carry everywhere I go. If I can not carry there, I don't go. All my license and such I do online so that takes me out of government buildings, unless I am compelled by order to go.

Does anyone here drive a car or truck without a spare?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by worriedman
Same bat time .
Same bat channel....

Hitting the fart sack.....

Better be some more Big F u c king Pistol pics in the morning guys!!

#ushayseedsneedtoberepresenting!!!

🤣🤣🤣👍👍👍

Nice!!!!

Big and small f u c king pistols and revolvers!!!
Thank you for your ongoing efforts and contributions to Tn gun rights also!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Thank you for your ongoing efforts and contributions to Tn gun rights also!!!

My absolute pleasure to stand for our Grandchildren's Rights to Keep, Bear and Wear Arms.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

That will due to shove in the upper classes face.
Medium sized F u c king pistol!!!!

😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

LOL!

Don't tell my Mamma I work in the oil fields,

She thinks I'm a piano player in a Whorehouse!

Now that ya' mention it..........

and no particular order.......

Say Doc, it's only a scratch!

22 Rimfire

Kimber 10mm

Kimber Solo, 9mm for stepping out on a Saturday nite.

Rock Island 10mm and 45 ACP......just in case Sunday mornin' be coming down!

Glock 20 SF will do for a hoglet

Taurus Titanium 44 Special, for when I get my blood up!

Mr. & Mrs. Smith

Rosa's Cantina, here I come!

and last but not least,The DE in 50 AE

and the ring of fire!

ya!

GWB

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G-dub, I sure like your style!

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

91 members (AceBall, 10Glocks, Amos63, 300_savage, 11 invisible), 1,681 guests, and 953 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,448
Posts18,528,829
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.