Originally Posted by lvmiker
Just to stir the schidt, does everyone here carry all the time? I have heard a lot of rationalizations for not carrying in the past, hopefully that has changed. I doubt it

mike r

I've been shooting all my life.

In high school I drove a '67 El Co. Kept my model 94 and a baseball bat in the gun rack. Parked next to the classrooms. Windows down and doors unlocked.

In the sixties, early 70's I would break down a model 94 and grab my 30 cal Luger, stow em' in a pack and hitch-hike up to our Farm near Cut n' Shoot Tx., stay a few days and catch a ride back home.

Over the next years, I typically had a firearm in reasonable proximity until one day in 1991.

At that time I was a licensed commercial real estate appraiser, and was in Kileen Tx. to perform an appraisal on two Apartment complexes. I went to lunch with the Manger and Maintenance Super at a local cafe that was a block or two down the street. It was called Luby's.
I finished my appraisl the next day and headed back to the sububurb of Houston where I lived. On Wednesday, October 16, 1991, George Hennard, drove his pickup truck through the front window of the restaurant(Luby's). He quickly shot and killed 23 people, and wounded 27 others. He had a brief shootout with police, refused their orders to surrender, and fatally shot himself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luby%27s_shooting

The two folk that I had had lunch with on Monday were back there eating lunch when Mr. Hennnard carried out his attack. One was killed the other shot twice, in the face and knee IIRC.

Since that day I have not entered a Stop-N-Rob nor a restaurant, or any place where I cannot make an immediate and unimpeded exit without being strapped.

I have a Texas State issued LTC, and if I can't carry, about 99% of the time I don't go. What has helped is the 30-07 law that requires an business owner to post a State approved notice in regards to carrying a firearm, and only if you refuse to leave when requested have you commited an infraction.

Of course, being a Law Abiding Citizen, I never............

I do shoot weekly, sometimes multiple times.

Fortunately, in 30 years of carrying, I've only had to display a weapon 4 times to diffuse a situation.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Zero'ing a P365XL with Romeo Zero (my current daily carry) @10 yds.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.