Originally Posted by Western_Juniper
Originally Posted by add

I consider you a conflicted f a g.

... or a plant.

How's this for conflicted? Think of your white collar employee in corporate America. They went on from high school to get a college degree in finance, engineering, some kind of science, business etc. so they could presumably make a better salary. If they don't still have student debt, they've probably got a mortgage, car payments, maybe some credit cards, life insurance, and they need health insurance because they've got kids now and they have to be responsible and everything and eventually want to help their kids pay for college too. So they've got a job working for corporate America, the S&P 500, Fortune 100 -- take your pick. Which of these isn't liberal-minded especially when it comes to the 2nd Amendment? Amazon, Apple, IBM, Deloitte, Salesforce, PWC, Bank of America, JP Morgan, AT&T, Facebook, Exxon, Google... If Republican (legislators) are supposed to be pro-Corporate America (as opposed to progressive dems), their affection certainly isn't reciprocated on this issue.

The conflict that the corporate man has stems from his huge investment in appealing to the corporations. His education, career, his family, his home, his healthcare, even where he lives, most all his life is leveraged on pleasing the company or another one just like it. Can he afford to be controversially pro-gun, pro-carry? I don't just mean will they survive career-wise. Do they have any friends that possess this unconventional thinking? What will their family think, the family that directed and supported their ascent through college into this career? The wife's friends? Sure, it's concealed and it doesn't have to be anybody else's business. I wouldn't even suggest that anyone should know. But how many people in this situation are going to that way without some support or guidance from anyone? They never saw their parents do it. They didn't learn it in college. They don't see it visible at the office. Where would they even get the notion, and if they did, what are the chances they'd have the courage to do it?

Are you conflicted, working in Corporate America?

Why the interest?

Are you going to run for office to fix it?

"His education, career, his family, his home, his healthcare, even where he lives, most all his life is leveraged on pleasing the company or another one just like it." FFS, if someone is that "leveraged" they really aren't freedom loving and haven't done what was needed to do all their lives.

"Can he afford to be controversially pro-gun, pro-carry?"............... Why be controversial about it? Just do it if it's within the realm of possibility where they live and work.

" Do they have any friends that possess this unconventional thinking?".................Jeebus, join a gun club or something. And "friends" are sometimes worth as far as one can throw them, underhanded, with one arm.

"What will their family think, the family that directed and supported their ascent through college into this career? The wife's friends?"............ When I reached the age of maturity, probably well before that, I quit worrying about what my family would think. I'm sure they wondered why I wandered away from where I grew up, the type of career I picked, the woman I married, the fact we don't have kids, the places we picked to live and work. I/we didn't worry too much about it, I/we did what needed done.

"Where would they even get the notion, and if they did, what are the chances they'd have the courage to do it?"..........Where did the millions of new gun owners get the notion? And from the reports I've seen, it wasn't just "high-prole" folks (whatever the fugg those are) that were in the class of new firearms owners. Rich, poor, black, white, Asian, etc etc etc were lining up buying whatever was available. Pics in the news or lines going around the block at local gun stores. They "got the notion" somewhere.

You worry about this too much Comrade.

Or, you've too much time on your hands and a snootfull.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?