Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
When I was 12 years old I'd kick those bastards higher than the power poles!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
I wondered what kind of douche bag would dredge up a three year old thread about chickens, and there you have it. A new troll. ASVPRock. Geez

Sam......

B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by ASVPRock
Animals are really unpredictable and you have to be really careful around them. Even dogs can bite their master after he had fed them. I've looked at some digital sabong and I've seen many accidents. I don't know why animals are acting like this, but I am sure that there is a certain reason. I should speak with a vet about this matter since I am sure that he knows better than me. Documenting about anything is really important to me since I want to know why certain things are happening, especially the ones related to animals.

Maser?

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Oldman3
When I was a kid, my aunt had a rooster that would attack you. I killed it one morning, for attacking me, and she fried it for dinner. Toughest old bird I ever tried to eat.

My BIL has 2 roosters and 1 will attack you. Had it jump on me about 2 years ago. Didn't hurt because I had on jeans, but I broke it from attacking me. I would stomp my foot at it and when it would jump at me, I'd kick it. Not hard enough to hurt it, just send it into the air a few feet. Did this until I had the rooster running from me. After that, if it even came around me, all I had to do was stomp my foot and it would run away. Told my SIL about it and now she doesn't have to tote a stick while in the yard to keep the rooster from attacking.

My current rooster is small (not much bigger than the average hen - might be part bantam), and keeps his distance from me. My previous rooster, Rodrigo (pictured below), was huge (about twice the size of an average hen) and nearly fearless. Early on, he'd attack me pretty regularly when I approached the hen house to do my chores. Then I started a well timed kick (like you describe) with the top of my foot, just hard enough to hurt a little and send him reeling back. At first, he'd come right at me again, and get a second kick. After a few times like this, he started keeping his distance just far enough from me so I can't reach him. That was good enough.

[Linked Image]

Nice looking rooster.
Looks like a show bird.

I never had trouble with most varieties. But the little Asian and a polish breeds couldnt be tamed. The feed bucket was my shield. If they caught me looking the other way, they'd fly straight at my head full force. This usually happened when going out the door and looking down at the latch and turning. WACK!!! Those little pit bulls would hit the door as I'd slam it....right where my head was half a second earlier. I hated the Vietnamese one as much as he hated me. LOL!
🐓🐔🐔🐔🍗🍗

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
We had roosters on the farm when I was a lad. One attacked me. We ate it that evening for dinner.

We never had them, but Great Grandparents did on their farm. She would always kill a couple of hens when we visited for Sunday Dinner.

One Sunday, when I was 5, I went with Great Grandmother to catch one. Their old Rooster jumped up and spurred me on the back.
Great GrandDad picked up his Double Barreled 12 ga from behind the back door. Boom.

I’ve still got his shotgun. 🤠 And I’ve got her old Iron Skillet too.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 07/26/21.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BLG
Animals are really unpredictable and you have to be really careful around them. Even dogs can bite their master after he had fed them. I've looked at some digital sabong and I've seen many accidents. I don't know why animals are acting like this, but I am sure that there is a certain reason. I should speak with a vet about this matter since I am sure that he knows better than me. Documenting about anything is really important to me since I want to know why certain things are happening, especially the ones related to animals.

Maser?

Clyde

Spammer.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by BLG

Maser?

Clyde

Spammer.

Yep.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Why don't you document for us how to suck a roosters dick.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by BLG

Maser?

Clyde

Spammer.

NO one clicked on that link I hope.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I did

Don’t be scared

Apple is tough.

I wouldn’t if I was rockin a Commodore Vic20 on the kitchen table next to the black n white philco

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
But, being as how it was brought up again.

I never did the hot potato thing to El Feo. Perhaps I should have?

While cleaning the coop a week or so back, the bastid got me. The chicken I have separated from the flock tried to get back in with them. I was closing the coop hatch from the big door and El Feo spurred me trying to get to that bird he's tried to kill.

I wear the chemical gloves and he nailed me right through it. Mostly with leg, the blood thinners I'm on make me bleed easily:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

As you can see, he's not a little fella. The spotted bird is a 3 year old Cuckoo Maran. He's about 2x her size. The red bird is a ready to butcher Freedom Ranger I was experimenting with to see if he and the girls would allow me to introduce a new hen or two. If successful I'd have introduced a couple more for egg production. Put that one in at 11PM the night before so the flock might think she was one of there's when they woke up. No such luck, they weren't having it.

The Rangers have been reduced to food now. As of yesterday and today. We'll be grilling one tomorrow!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
I did

Don’t be scared

Apple is tough.

I wouldn’t if I was rockin a Commodore Vic20 on the kitchen table next to the black n white philco

They're going to crack your Church Account and get the weekly offerings!

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad

While cleaning the coop a week or so back, the bastid got me. The chicken I have separated from the flock tried to get back in with them. I was closing the coop hatch from the big door and El Feo spurred me trying to get to that bird he's tried to kill.

I wear the chemical gloves and he nailed me right through it. Mostly with leg, the blood thinners I'm on make me bleed easily:

As you can see, he's not a little fella. The spotted bird is a 3 year old Cuckoo Maran. He's about 2x her size. The red bird is a ready to butcher Freedom Ranger I was experimenting with to see if he and the girls would allow me to introduce a new hen or two. If successful I'd have introduced a couple more for egg production. Put that one in at 11PM the night before so the flock might think she was one of there's when they woke up. No such luck, they weren't having it.

The Rangers have been reduced to food now. As of yesterday and today. We'll be grilling one tomorrow!

A more patient man than I.
If it wanted to attack me, it would change or get beat to death.
If it was going to attack others or valuable animals.
It would be a different kind of stock.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fugger would get a dose of shotgun around me.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can somebody explain the science behind baked potatoes on chicken spurs?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Only time he has gone after me. Usually just waits in the morning for their feed and comes running in the evening for their scratch. Calls his girls when I toss something good to eat into the Gulag, like mango peels and strawberry hulls.

He's really good at watching the perimeter and the sky when I let them range too.

When it's time, those nice hackles of his will be mine though!

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I found this line in the originally linked story to be hilarious:

A public warning has been issued on the dangers of seemingly harmless animals, news.au.com reports.

I wonder if they mentioned gerbils for those folks so inclined? eek

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My cousin’s wife’s brother in Vermont fought gamecocks, quite illegal and unusual up there I would think.

He gave us a rooster and some game hens and we added a few barred rock hens.

That was a great rooster, his combs and spurs had been cut for fighting, the spurs grew back. You could get him to crouch, flare his hackes and jump at you if you stuck a hand in his face like it was another chicken but he never started it.

They were free range and when you scattered chicken feed the game hens would come flying in three feet off the ground like pheasants. The game hens would hide their nests in the bushes and the chicks were striped like wild fowl. Ended up with so many I would break their eggs when I found the nests as birth control.

The barred rock hens OTOH were entirely comic and goofy. There was a old barn on the property and they would climb the inside stairs to lay eggs in the hayloft. Coming down they would invariably choose the hayloft window, look and look and look and then launch themselves into space, wings flapping furiously, hit the ground and bounce.

Once one snuck in the open kitchen door and laid an egg down the hall behind the couch 🙂

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Only time he has gone after me. Usually just waits in the morning for their feed and comes running in the evening for their scratch. Calls his girls when I toss something good to eat into the Gulag, like mango peels and strawberry hulls.

He's really good at watching the perimeter and the sky when I let them range too.

When it's time, those nice hackles of his will be mine though!

Got into the rabbit business at around 12.
First one won in an Easter egg hunt, dam white buck.
He got named Cuddles by my sister. But once he dropped his nuts,
he wasn't very nice anymore.
Sumbitch bit everyone he could.
In the meantime Dad did his thing, we built several pens and he bought a bunch more rabbits.

Once we had another buck, dad said something about Cuddles during a butchering session. Went straight to his pen, smacked him in the head and
threw him in the water.
Dad just laughed. "Guess you had enough of him, huh?".

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

335 members (007FJ, 160user, 1lesfox, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 26 invisible), 1,944 guests, and 1,101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,848
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.