Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

I’ve pre-paid for my cremation. Two friends know the locations where I’d like my ashes spread on the mountain.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Set it up a couple months ago to be torched. Boys won't have to do a thing. Done paid for and all. Why take up space?

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
cremation for me. If I know that I am about to die, I am going to eat a whole bag of unpopped popcorn. Y'all get the butter because it is going to epic

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Cremation for sure. Just like my father.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Whatever is cheaper............

Dave

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Cremated and buried at sea. I was honor guard for scores of them in the Navy. Lest they can do is chuck me off the fantail with 3 volley's.

Don't fire unless fired upon. But if they want a war let it begin here.

Captain John Parker, commander of the militiamen at Lexington, Massachusetts, on sighting British Troops (attributed), April 19, 1775
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Beaver10
And how’d you come by this snippet of information?

Looking into claims about historical events.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Me?…Cremation then dust the mountains, rivers, and prairie with my ash.

🦫

Beaver10;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope the day's been a good one for you.

For sure it's a personal choice, but honestly I've never gone to visit the gravesites of either of my parents.

I remember Dad in places he liked - up in the mountains especially.

I've told the kids to pick a place with a good view and if it's fall and season's open, grab a rifle and the license and tag are on me!

This is one spot I've recommended to our eldest daughter who is my usual hunting partner.

[Linked Image]

Can't begin to count the number of wonderful mornings we've had there together. Either that or the place she knocked down her biggest mulie so far - there's fantastic view there too.

We're very open to spreading ashes in BC - anywhere on public lands or waters is fine.

All the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Prop me up against the jukebox when I die……lol.

I’ll take a hole in the ground thank you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My wife has this weird thing about being buried alive.
She wants cremated.
Always had a thing about that.
Kinda still do.

But.

I know how bad the Funeral Homes screw people on expense.
And it would haunt me to be screwed over that bad at the end.
Thing is, around here cremation is a couple grand.
So even in that,
They be running one up your cold dead ass.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by champlain_islander
There is another alternative. In our town we now have a section of our newest cemetery that is designated a green burial site. The green burial is simple and very inexpensive. You buy the grave site and have a responsible person or a funeral home if you chose to place your non embalmed body into a biodegradable burial container and it is placed into our site. No casket and no vault. The body and site are free to return to nature without the traditional grave markers associated with cemeteries. The body enclosed in a biodegradable burial container is placed at the bottom of a 4 to 5 foot grave lined with pine bows, wood chips and anything that will quickly decompose. The earth is placed back onto the site and allowed to form a hump on top of the grave which will in time settle as the body decomposes. The cost for the grave site complete with a deed is less than a grand and there is only the excavation charges that the family would have to pay for. No granite markers and a simple wooden cross or other biodegradable marker is allowed. Most so far have had a funeral home to coordinate but it isn't necessary. I am a cemetery commissioner here in town and we feel that the green burial concept will be similar to when cremation came on the scene offering a cheaper alternative to traditional burial which has gone way up in cost. Presently cremations are probably more popular than traditional but have gone up in price over time. Our cemetery was the first in Vermont to offer this service but others have now gone this way. I suspect in most ares of the country other cemeteries are also making this service available. Body back to nature is the concept.

Pretty cool, what a neat option.

I’m gonna be cremated, be cheapest for those left behind, they can leave the ashes where they want, long as it’s outside.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I'm supposed to be burnt, then dumped in the Licking river. Take a ride, see some Ky. scenery on the way to the Ohio, then stop a some boat clubs, have a beer or 2 & on to the Mississippi & attend a party or 5 in New Awlins.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Cremation

NRA LIFE MEMBER
OHA LIFE MEMBER
RMEF LIFE MEMBER
*MOLON LABE SKYLA*
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A good friend died more’n ten years back, as per her request she was cremated and no service held for six months. By that time the keen edge of loss had dulled a bit and it was more a celebration of her life.

Her ashes were apportioned to family and friends. A portion given to me were left at her favorite place in Upstate NY, some more left in a place I know she would have liked in the Sacramento Mts in NM. She had been to Costa Rica and loved the sound of howler monkeys, when I was there I left some in a grove of trees first place I heard them.

All in all the best funeral service I’ve seen.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by slumlord
Nobody for the Hans Solo or Ted Williams superfreeze?

Revive in the year 2525

Will covtards still be wearing masks in 2525? If so, push my thaw date out another 500 years.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Burn me, scatter me out where the pigs root.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Not sure if cremation is Biblical. So my wife and I will be six feet down with head stone.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DaveDaDeerslayer
Cremated and buried at sea. I was honor guard for scores of them in the Navy. Lest they can do is chuck me off the fantail with 3 volley's.

Sponson 8 is now open!! haha

My son is going to load a pinch of my ashes in 45-70 rounds and take me out shooting one last time!

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
It depends if I die before or after my wife.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I qualify for Arlington under the current rules (which get tighter every year as space disappears) but have decided that my survivors need not apply.

If my local golf course turns a blind eye, I'd like my ashes to be spread there. Not strictly legal, but I never was, either LOL! Failing that, any local lake will do quite nicely.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (2500HD, 1minute, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 60 invisible), 2,324 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,176
Posts18,503,222
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.