Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
After some 27 years, last Sunday @ 8pm EST I turned my back on a career in academia, specifically as an admin monkey at one of six law school libraries in Boston, MA. My only regret is not jumping the stinking, hardcore liberal cesspool masquerading as a pillar of higher ed a decade earlier. The relief and sense of release is overwhelming and truly magnificent in ways hard to accurately express. The last straw, ironically, was being told that any employee who wasn't fully 'vaccinated' on August 16 would face termination. Not to worry, I wrote in my resignation. My last day will be August 15. On to bigger and better things. Some of us won't roll over on what we believe in, hold dear and will put their dough and careers on the line over. Your institution believed everyone would fall into formation and like good lemmings would do as we were told. You were wrong, at least in some cases. See ya, wouldn' want to be ya. Next life stage coming up, and I'm ready, willing and able to crush it. FU SULS and everything you represent. Free at last and all that...

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
A hearty congrats, L!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wish you the best L and have a feeling you’ll be just fine.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good for you and good luck to you.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Good for you Kamo. Congrats to you and your woman

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Damn! Good on you!!!

Congratulations πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸΎπŸŽˆ. The next phase will be great!

Just out of curiosity, why didn't you let them fire you? Wouldn't you have legal recourse?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
After some 27 years, last Sunday @ 8pm EST I turned my back on a career in academia, specifically as an admin monkey at one of six law school libraries in Boston, MA. My only regret is not jumping the stinking, hardcore liberal cesspool masquerading as a pillar of higher ed a decade earlier. The relief and sense of release is overwhelming and truly magnificent in ways hard to accurately express. The last straw, ironically, was being told that any employee who wasn't fully 'vaccinated' on August 16 would face termination. Not to worry, I wrote in my resignation. My last day will be August 15. On to bigger and better things. Some of us won't roll over on what we believe in, hold dear and will put their dough and careers on the line over. Your institution believed everyone would fall into formation and like good lemmings would do as we were told. You were wrong, at least in some cases. See ya, wouldn' want to be ya. Next life stage coming up, and I'm ready, willing and able to crush it. FU SULS and everything you represent. Free at last and all that...
Congrats on many good years and best wishes on what is to come. Very good to see somebody with honor.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good for you.
Nothing is worse than working under duress of some sort of threat, like mandatory vaccination.

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by kingston
Damn! Good on you!!!

Just out of curiosity, why didn't you let them fire you? Wouldn't you have legal recourse?

Frie
Originally Posted by kingston
Damn! Good on you!!!

Friend B, after researching legal options and caselaw, concluded that any litigation would be a crapshoot drawn out over years, if not decades. Not worth the trouble and effort, especially considering the committment pushing a suit against a well-funded institution would entail. Sometimes, a man has to know when to cut bait and live to fight another day. Hope all's well w/you and T and the bitches. A and I were just talking about your mob earlier tonight...

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Good for you.

I can't stand this vax mandate crap. Health care is personal, none of their business.

Best thing you can do is tell them to stick it up their ass.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The first half of life is just the warm up....The second half is where all the best action happens.

Enjoy the next phase of your life and maybe some of us lucky enough, may get a chance to see and enjoy some of it with you.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
β€œMolon Labe”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Fugk 'em

You'll be so much happier.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Beaver10
The first half of life is just the warm up....The second half is where all the best action happens.

Enjoy the next phase of your life and maybe some of us lucky enough, may get a chance to see and enjoy some of it with you.

🦫

JFC here comes the wishy-washy BS. All I want to know from you is whether you and your landlubber crew boated any salmon today and if you bought a plane ticket for December yet. Get yer act together, hippie.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

No shock there as I had you pegged as a man of principal.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Ha!

Here comes the next Walmart Diversity Hire.....

I am MAGA.
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Way to go and best of luck in future.

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by JSTUART

No shock there as I had you pegged as a man of principal.

Ta, mate. I appreciate that.

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Ha!

Here comes the next Walmart Diversity Hire.....

I knew I could count on your support, Mr. Ooglik (aka chubby Jim). We Pacific Islanders/Slopes/Blubber slurpers need to stick together. Metaphorically speaking, of course. I have dictionaries for sale, BTW. Only $12.99 a pop. $325 shipping though, but will consider beef based negotiations...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Best wishes, Leighton!

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Good For You!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

66 members (badwolf, BDR1, batch, BB3, 11 invisible), 1,458 guests, and 906 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,056
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.