Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 31 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 30 31
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
And bingo was his name o.

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
" Maybe they killed the dog and baby because they didn't want them left without care in the cruel world they were leaving behind." Hastings I think you are right.
Grim but it happens. Twenty five years ago a woman in SC strapped her two little boys into the child seats and rolled the car into the pond.
About 8 years ago a gal in Texas took her 5 kids, age 7 to age 1 year, and drowned them one-by-one in the bathtub.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Had dirt on the Clinton's and suicided the whole family.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by BobBrown
I’m not buying a murder-suicide mainly because of the dog . Why kill your dog too?
If it was murder suicide or suicide pact between the parents you can't rationalize their behavior. Maybe they killed the dog and baby because they didn't want them left without care in the cruel world they were leaving behind. Who knows what the killer was thinking. I'm not buying the gas theory. Wouldn't that stuff have killed any unfortunate insects or animals in the vicinity? Won't toxicology readily pick that up. I'm sticking with my theory of a syringe and a very small needle.

Grow up, there is no method of suicide that can not be detected. So this was no murder suicide

I VOTED FOR TRUMP TWICE, AND WILL VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
And bingo was his name o.

Dead families are funny in your trailer park huh kid

IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Its been 11 day's and they should have some clues by now. Here's a map of the trail: Link , its a single path trail alongside the hill with little room to pass without stepping off the trail, and lots of Poison Oak. Trail leads directly to previous mining activity, and the area was within an earlier fire. Trail was closed early in 2019 for a good part of the year and maintenance being done. If poisoning was a cause, I'd guess maybe some old mine tailing's were disturbed containing high amounts of Cyanide. Its a really hot trail this time a year and requires a good supply of water. Being alongside the river with access in a few places, they might have drank some contaminated water.

Phil

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Can any of you sleuths find the address of this couple's home? Simonkenton ?

Last edited by AKCHOPPER; 08/25/21.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dustyone
Originally Posted by CCCC
A good bi of this thread seems like a pocket of gas.

- - - The fact is that the authorities know what killed these people and are not being allowed to say (?And you know this factually?) .
- - - We deserve the truth, not lies or in this case no answer.

Who is "we" - do you have a mouse in 'yer pocket? What did you do, and what status do you have - to be deserving of info about the cause of some stranger's death?

We is every American that is being lied too. These people were murdered not killed by swamp gas as so many here seem to believe
Your presumption and sense of entitlement apparently is boundless - kindly pardon the laughter.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Pretty sure the Talliban didn’t do it . No word of the dog being raped.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
A good bi of this thread seems like a pocket of gas.

- - - The fact is that the authorities know what killed these people and are not being allowed to say (?And you know this factually?) .
- - - We deserve the truth, not lies or in this case no answer.

Who is "we" - do you have a mouse in 'yer pocket? What did you do, and what status do you have - to be deserving of info about the cause of some stranger's death?

We is every American that is being lied too. These people were murdered not killed by swamp gas as so many here seem to believe
Your presumption and sense of entitlement apparently is boundless - kindly pardon the laughter.

You cook any dogs alive today champ

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
GFY dusty.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I don't remember too much about it, but believe it was back in the 30's that a thermal layer filled an entire valley with Carbon Monoxide and killed many. This hiking trail isn't all that far from the fires currently going on up and around Lake Tahoe. This hiking trail has few visitors this time of year, maybe something similar could have happened. Not familiar with Carbon Monoxide poisoning, but looks as if that would be easily detectible right off.

Phil

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Greyghost
I don't remember too much about it, but believe it was back in the 30's that a thermal layer filled an entire valley with Carbon Monoxide and killed many. This hiking trail isn't all that far from the fires currently going on up and around Lake Tahoe. This hiking trail has few visitors this time of year, maybe something similar could have happened. Not familiar with Carbon Monoxide poisoning, but looks as if that would be easily detectible right off.

Phil

CO2 is heavier than air and sinks into the low point or valley. This trail was on or near the mountaintop, furthermore CO2 poisoning shows on toxicology tests so this was no type of gassing

August 21
Gas cloud kills Cameroon villagers
An eruption of lethal gas from Lake Nyos in Cameroon kills nearly 2,000 people and wipes out four villages on August 21, 1986. Carbon dioxide, though ubiquitous in Earth’s atmosphere, can be deadly in large quantities, as was evident in this disaster.

Lake Nyos and Lake Monoun are both crater lakes about a mile square located in remote mountain areas of northwest Cameroon, dominated by rock cliffs and lush vegetation. In August 1984, 37 people near Lake Monoun died suddenly, but the incident was largely covered up by the government. Since there is no electricity or telephone service in the area, it was not difficult to keep the incident secret and the 5,000 people who lived in villages near Lake Nyos were unaware of the potential danger of their own lake. At about 9:30 p.m. on August 21, a rumbling noise emanated from the lake for 15 to 20 seconds, followed by a cloud of carbon-dioxide and a blast of smelly air. The cloud quickly moved north toward the village of Lower Nyos. Some people tried to run away from the cloud; they were later found dead on the paths leading away from town. A woman and child were the only two survivors of Lower Nyos.

The deadly cloud of gas then moved on to Cha Subum and Fang, where another 500 people lost their lives. The carbon dioxide killed every type of animal—including small insects—in its path, but left buildings and plants unaffected. Reportedly, even survivors experienced coughing fits and vomited blood.

Outsiders learned of the disaster when they approached the villages and found animal and human bodies on the ground. The best estimate is that 1,700 people and thousands of cattle died. A subsequent investigation of the lake showed the water level to be four feet lower than what it had previously been. Apparently, carbon dioxide had been accumulating from underground springs and was being held down by the water in the lake. When the billion cubic yards of gas finally burst out, it traveled low to the ground—it is heavier than air—until it dispersed. Lake Nyos must now be constantly monitored for carbon-dioxide accumulation.

Last edited by Dustyone; 08/25/21.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Carbon Monoxide is nearly the same weight as air, and easily circulates with the flow of a breeze. As to the trail being near the top of a hill, not hardly.

Phil

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

Phil

NO FARKING WAY !
smh.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

That’s a job for Oregon’s greatest , the Fireballz

LMAO

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Carbon Monoxide is nearly the same weight as air, and easily circulates with the flow of a breeze. As to the trail being near the top of a hill, not hardly.

Phil

Wrong Carbon Dioxide is heavier than air. Apparently, carbon dioxide had been accumulating from underground springs and was being held down by the water in the lake. When the billion cubic yards of gas finally burst out, it traveled low to the ground—it is heavier than air—until it dispersed. Lake Nyos must now be constantly monitored for carbon-dioxide accumulation

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Wasn't talking about Carbon Dioxide, two different beast.

Phil

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by BobBrown

That’s a job for Oregon’s greatest , the Fireballz

LMAO

LOL

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

Why do people keep assuming they all succumbed at the same time?

I think heat is BY FAR the most likely scenario. And for context- . I consider myself pretty used to extreme temps, and could see some situations where I may end up hiking in very hot weather. I’m not just automatically scared of the temp.

That being said, there are really only two people to think about here- the adults. The baby and dog were going to stay with them no matter what. If one parent started struggling, it’s unlikely that the other would have immediately left them. They also would have probably had to been in dire conditions before they realized it was a true emergency.

So, one starts feeling ill. They slow down together. Now they’re out in the heat even longer. They take a break. They aren’t improving. Maybe by the time the other decides to go get help- they are struggling themselves. We have no clue how long they struggled- for all we know they could have been out overnight.

Alternatively- the baby fell ill first. I can’t even imagine the panic for the parents. They realize their baby is not okay, and maybe they start trying to rush back. But it’s 100+, and the route back to the car is a brutal uphill at the end of a 9 mile hike. So now one of the parents is struggling. See above situation.

A family is not going to split up at the first sign of an issue- especially when there’s a baby involved. And with heat exhaustion, they would not realize how much trouble they were in until it was maybe too late. Add in confusion from the heat, and it all makes a lot of sense.

It’s easy to become so accustomed to heat that you forget how dangerous it can be.

Last edited by AKCHOPPER; 08/25/21.

Page 8 of 31 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

173 members (257 mag, 7887mm08, 35, 240NMC, 10Glocks, 15 invisible), 1,576 guests, and 863 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,607
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.