Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 31 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 30 31
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER

Why do people keep assuming they all succumbed at the same time?

I think heat is BY FAR the most likely scenario. And for context- . I consider myself pretty used to extreme temps, and could see some situations where I may end up hiking in very hot weather. I’m not just automatically scared of the temp.

That being said, there are really only two people to think about here- the adults. The baby and dog were going to stay with them no matter what. If one parent started struggling, it’s unlikely that the other would have immediately left them. They also would have probably had to been in dire conditions before they realized it was a true emergency.

So, one starts feeling ill. They slow down together. Now they’re out in the heat even longer. They take a break. They aren’t improving. Maybe by the time the other decides to go get help- they are struggling themselves. We have no clue how long they struggled- for all we know they could have been out overnight.

Alternatively- the baby fell ill first. I can’t even imagine the panic for the parents. They realize their baby is not okay, and maybe they start trying to rush back. But it’s 100+, and the route back to the car is a brutal uphill at the end of a 9 mile hike. So now one of the parents is struggling. See above situation.

A family is not going to split up at the first sign of an issue- especially when there’s a baby involved. And with heat exhaustion, they would not realize how much trouble they were in until it was maybe too late. Add in confusion from the heat, and it all makes a lot of sense.

It’s easy to become so accustomed to heat that you forget how dangerous it can be.

There was no excessive heat, and heat itself does not kill it accelerates dehydration that was not found, these people were murdered and they know why and are not saying for fear of starting a panic

I VOTED FOR TRUMP TWICE, AND WILL VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Wasn't talking about Carbon Dioxide, two different beast.

Phil

You ever hear of anyone killed by CO on an open mountaintop

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
They said the temps that day were between 107-109.

LOL

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

Originally Posted by Dustyone
Wasn't talking about Carbon Dioxide, two different beast.

Phil

You ever hear of anyone killed by CO on an open mountaintop

Not gasses.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

LOL

I cooked on a line today/tonight for over ten hours that was
Running that exact temperature. Will be worse tomorrow. I’m alive. So is. my crew.

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Heat stroke can be fatal. But not likely to all three at the same time. And then there's the dog.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Craigster
Heat stroke can be fatal.

As someone pointed out, what kills you in heat stroke is the accelerated dehydration. They had water still left in their supplies. And dogs don't generally succumb to that so easily. Certainly not at about the same rate as a human.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Craigster
Heat stroke can be fatal. But not likely to all three at the same time. And then there's the dog.

Oh, you added some to your post after I responded to it.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Mr_Harry

LOL

Running that exact temperature. Will be worse tomorrow. I’m alive. So is. my crew.

Originally Posted by Mr_Harry

LOL

You didn't hike 9 miles.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCCC
A good bi of this thread seems like a pocket of gas.

- - - The fact is that the authorities know what killed these people and are not being allowed to say (?And you know this factually?) .
- - - We deserve the truth, not lies or in this case no answer.

Who is "we" - do you have a mouse in 'yer pocket? What did you do, and what status do you have - to be deserving of info about the cause of some stranger's death?

We is every American that is being lied too. These people were murdered not killed by swamp gas as so many here seem to believe
Your presumption and sense of entitlement apparently is boundless - kindly pardon the laughter.
You cook any dogs alive today champ
That does not make a bit of sense - but, clearly, you have cooked your own goose.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't remember too much about it, but believe it was back in the 30's that a thermal layer filled an entire valley with Carbon Monoxide and killed many.
Phil

CO2 is heavier than air and sinks into the low point or valley. This trail was on or near the mountaintop, furthermore CO2 poisoning shows on toxicology tests so this was no type of gassing

Carbon Monoxide is nearly the same weight as air, and easily circulates with the flow of a breeze. As to the trail being near the top of a hill, not hardly.

Wrong Carbon Dioxide is heavier than air.

How about butane ? It's a lighter gas.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
A good bi of this thread seems like a pocket of gas.

- - - The fact is that the authorities know what killed these people and are not being allowed to say (?And you know this factually?) .
- - - We deserve the truth, not lies or in this case no answer.

Who is "we" - do you have a mouse in 'yer pocket? What did you do, and what status do you have - to be deserving of info about the cause of some stranger's death?

We is every American that is being lied too. These people were murdered not killed by swamp gas as so many here seem to believe
Your presumption and sense of entitlement apparently is boundless - kindly pardon the laughter.
You cook any dogs alive today champ
That does not make a bit of sense - but, clearly, you have cooked your own goose.

You just admitted your ignorance

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
I don't remember too much about it, but believe it was back in the 30's that a thermal layer filled an entire valley with Carbon Monoxide and killed many.
Phil

CO2 is heavier than air and sinks into the low point or valley. This trail was on or near the mountaintop, furthermore CO2 poisoning shows on toxicology tests so this was no type of gassing

Carbon Monoxide is nearly the same weight as air, and easily circulates with the flow of a breeze. As to the trail being near the top of a hill, not hardly.

Wrong Carbon Dioxide is heavier than air.

How about butane ? It's a lighter gas.

All gasses that would be fatal will leave residue in lung tissue

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
There was no excessive heat, and heat itself does not kill it accelerates dehydration that was not found, these people were murdered and they know why and are not saying for fear of starting a panic
Dustyone: Tell us what happened please. Tell us who the terrorists are, their motive in choosing these hikers, and most importantly the method used. Standing by.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

It’s easy to become so accustomed to heat that you forget how dangerous it can be.

It kills someone every year around here. Heat to dehydration to delirium to dead.

Retired cat herder.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Hastings
Dustyone: Tell us what happened please. Tell us who the terrorists are, their motive in choosing these hikers, and most importantly the method used. Standing by.

The purpose of a terrorist is to cause terror. This is what the government is trying to prevent by covering up the cause of death, which was murder by some obvious means. The fact is that absolutely none of the causes of death proposed here can not easily be detected by autopsy and that no one posting gas theories knows that gas remains in lung tissue after death and can be detected.

The only thing strange about these deaths is that the government is hiding the cause

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
they know why and are not saying for fear of starting a panic

Makes sense. No way a government would ever want to strike fear in its constituents and incite them to panic and stay inside their homes instead of going out and about.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by g5m

It kills someone every year around here. Heat to dehydration to delirium to dead.

This has never killed an entire family and dog in 9 hours since these people were last seen. These people were murdered and the cause is being hidden. They aren't even saying how far from their vehicle that they were or which way they were traveling

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Stickfight
they know why and are not saying for fear of starting a panic

Makes sense. No way a government would ever want to strike fear in its constituents and incite them to panic and stay inside their homes instead of going out and about.

Actually the government lied to prevent panic by saying that no mask were needed. If the government had said wear a mask because a highly communicable disease is present people would have fled cities leaving their homes to all be looted. So the government lied, in fact most everything reported in the media is a lie

Page 9 of 31 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 55 invisible), 2,301 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,516
Posts18,490,910
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.