Hop To
Page 11 of 31 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 30 31
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Maybe it was something the dog ate ....... smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Dusty, Elkslayer, why do you think it is your civil duty to make everyone believe your theory?
Was this your family?

This dude has to be Elk's sockpuppet, he just won't give it up......LOL

Grammar is important.
Capitol letters are the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" & "helping your uncle jack off a horse".
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dustyone
Originally Posted by Hastings
Dustyone: I don't know you from Adam's off ox, but don't you think you are jumping to conclusions that do not match up with the evidence. First thing in an investigation is to rule out the most obvious. A terrorist attack on a family of 3 and their dog in remote rural California is not how terrorists generally strike. Heat stroke is possible but unlikely considering what we know. If I were the medical examiner or the detectives I would look at toxicology and the possibility of murder/suicide first. You have first thing run off down a trail with no supporting evidence. I've investigated lots of accidents, deaths, game violations, felonies, etc. and 90% + of the time the simplest explanation was the answer.

Again the only odd thing here is that the authorities are not letting the cause of these deaths be known because they are covering up something. But yea they could have been killed by swamp gas on top of a mountain, or ball lighting or perhaps something far more sinister. Have you seen the bodies?

You investigated absolutely zero human deaths of which the autopsy revealed no cause of death, so stop pretending Gomer
I certainly do know of 2 autopsies done on babies that died at our local hospital that came to no conclusion on cause of cardiac arrest. Both kids were hooked up to an IV and died quickly. Toxicology revealed nothing. The 2 incidents were very close in time, like maybe 1 month or less apart. It happened over 20 years ago and a lawsuit was filed but went nowhere because a cause of death could not be determined.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by KFWA
I can't see the dog dying of heat exhaustion

Can you accept that the cause of death is determined and is being hidden?

At the moment I'm open to several causes, not just one

So you are claiming that there are now several causes of death that are all undetectable by autopsy. The possibility of this is mathematically null

Last edited by Dustyone; 08/26/21.

I VOTED FOR TRUMP TWICE, AND WILL VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Carbon Monoxide is nearly the same weight as air, and easily circulates with the flow of a breeze. As to the trail being near the top of a hill, not hardly.

Phil

Wrong Carbon Dioxide is heavier than air. Apparently, carbon dioxide had been accumulating from underground springs and was being held down by the water in the lake. When the billion cubic yards of gas finally burst out, it traveled low to the ground—it is heavier than air—until it dispersed. Lake Nyos must now be constantly monitored for carbon-dioxide accumulation

Is this Elkslayer reincarnated?

A billion cubic yards of air mysteriously trapped underwater????????

Duh, air bubbles to the top when released underwater. Even air as dense as CO2. No matter what the temperature gradients might be.

Unless that air is held under water by the invisible hand of ..........Buddha?????????????

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Duckhunter
Dusty, Elkslayer, why do you think it is your civil duty to make everyone believe your theory?
Was this your family?

This dude has to be Elk's sockpuppet, he just won't give it up......LOL

Why are you trying to get everyone to accept your theory that this time the government told the truth.

LOL wake up already, 3 people and a dog are dead, for all you know they had ISIS symbols carved in their chest

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Carbon Monoxide is nearly the same weight as air, and easily circulates with the flow of a breeze. As to the trail being near the top of a hill, not hardly.

Phil

Wrong Carbon Dioxide is heavier than air. Apparently, carbon dioxide had been accumulating from underground springs and was being held down by the water in the lake. When the billion cubic yards of gas finally burst out, it traveled low to the ground—it is heavier than air—until it dispersed. Lake Nyos must now be constantly monitored for carbon-dioxide accumulation

Duh, air bubbles to the top when released underwater. Even air as dense as CO2. No matter what the temperature gradients might be.

Unless that air is held under water by the invisible hand of ..........Buddha ISIS?????????????

Fixt

FJB & FJT
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER

Why do people keep assuming they all succumbed at the same time?

I think heat is BY FAR the most likely scenario. And for context- . I consider myself pretty used to extreme temps, and could see some situations where I may end up hiking in very hot weather. I’m not just automatically scared of the temp.

That being said, there are really only two people to think about here- the adults. The baby and dog were going to stay with them no matter what. If one parent started struggling, it’s unlikely that the other would have immediately left them. They also would have probably had to been in dire conditions before they realized it was a true emergency.

So, one starts feeling ill. They slow down together. Now they’re out in the heat even longer. They take a break. They aren’t improving. Maybe by the time the other decides to go get help- they are struggling themselves. We have no clue how long they struggled- for all we know they could have been out overnight.

Alternatively- the baby fell ill first. I can’t even imagine the panic for the parents. They realize their baby is not okay, and maybe they start trying to rush back. But it’s 100+, and the route back to the car is a brutal uphill at the end of a 9 mile hike. So now one of the parents is struggling. See above situation.

A family is not going to split up at the first sign of an issue- especially when there’s a baby involved. And with heat exhaustion, they would not realize how much trouble they were in until it was maybe too late. Add in confusion from the heat, and it all makes a lot of sense.

It’s easy to become so accustomed to heat that you forget how dangerous it can be.

There was no excessive heat, and heat itself does not kill it accelerates dehydration that was not found, these people were murdered and they know why and are not saying for fear of starting a panic

And totally oblivious to the nature or lethality of heat stroke as well.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

Phil

Unless that air is held under water by the invisible hand of ..........Buddha?????????????

Dude the CO2 killed an entire village at Lake Nyos. The fact is that you are clueless.

Lake Nyos CO2 disaster

On 21 August 1986, a limnic eruption at Lake Nyos in northwestern Cameroon killed 1,746 people and 3,500 livestock.[1]

The eruption triggered the sudden release of about 100,000–300,000 tons (1.6 million tons, according to some sources) of carbon dioxide (CO
2).[2][3] The gas cloud initially rose at nearly 100 kilometres per hour (62 mph; 28 m/s) and then, being heavier than air, descended onto nearby villages, displacing all the air and suffocating people and livestock within 25 kilometres (16 mi) of the lake.[4][5]

A degassing system has since been installed at the lake, with the aim of reducing the concentration of CO
2 in the waters and therefore the risk of further eruptions.

Now stop embarrassing yourself

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Raeford

Phil

Unless that air is held under water by the invisible hand of ..........Buddha ISIS?????????????

Fixt

LOL

IC B3

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Do a search for “gas kills village”. It happened in Cameroon

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

Phil

Dude the CO2 killed an entire village at Lake Nyos. The fact is that you are clueless.

Lake Nyos CO2 disaster

On 21 August 1986, a limnic eruption at Lake Nyos in northwestern Cameroon killed 1,746 people and 3,500 livestock.[1]

The eruption triggered the sudden release of about 100,000–300,000 tons (1.6 million tons, according to some sources) of carbon dioxide (CO
2).[2][3] The gas cloud initially rose at nearly 100 kilometres per hour (62 mph; 28 m/s) and then, being heavier than air, descended onto nearby villages, displacing all the air and suffocating people and livestock within 25 kilometres (16 mi) of the lake.[4][5]

A degassing system has since been installed at the lake, with the aim of reducing the concentration of CO

Got no problem with volcanic eruptions releasing lethal gas clouds and killing populations. It happens occasionally.

Do have a problem with your statement that billions of cubic yards of gas was held under thermal layers in the water.

Do you even read the schitt you post?

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I've been following this. Wait for the toxicology report. Given the location they were found, on a steep, switchbacked section of trail apparently returning to the car, this is not a gas situation. Gases either rise if they're lighter than air, dissipate with any breeze at all if they're the same density as air, or sink to a low spot, which this was not, if they are heavier than air. I think that's off the table. Whatever got them, it got them all at once and it was something all partook in ... even the dog. That seemingly means food or water. Authorities are testing the water in their water bladder(s) as well as doing toxicology on the bodies. I think we're going to find that they were poisoned, either by getting bad water down at the stream before leaving or by someone ... themselves or others ... putting something poisonous in their water. This could well be a family suicide. Need to check family finances andf also check to see if any of them have a terminal medical condition. .. that's just my best guess based on what the media has released .. risky obviously.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

Phil

Lake Nyos CO2 disaster

Got no problem with volcanic eruptions releasing lethal gas clouds and killing populations. It happens occasionally.

Do have a problem with your statement that billions of cubic yards of gas was held under thermal layers in the water.

Do you even read the schitt you post?

LOL what you have a problem with is your own complete geological ignorance

So argue with the geologist that determined that these people were killed by a release of CO2 from the lake, I am sure that they could use a laugh

WHAT WAS THE MECHANISM THAT TRIGGERED THIS TRAGIC EVENT?
After investigating the site of the disaster, scientists were divided into two camps on the mechanism of rapid CO2 expulsion: (1) CO2 could have burst through the lake as the result of a sudden gas eruption, or (2) CO2 could have accumulated slowly in the lower part of the lake, only to be released abruptly by the overturning of the bottom waters by some unknown mechanism.

It had been known for years that the water in Lake Nyos was extremely enriched in dissolved CO2. The lake overlies a volcanic source, which appears to release CO2 and other gases. However, most of this gas does not escape into the atmosphere, but rather dissolves into the bottom waters of the lake. At a depth of over 200 meter, the sheer weight of the upper lake levels exerts considerable pressures on the bottom waters. This confining pressure allows CO2 to dissolve into the bottom waters without escaping to the surface, in much the same way that the cap on a carbonated beverage prevents CO2 from bubbling out of its container. At a depth of 200 meters, water can hold 15 times its own volume in CO2. It has been estimated that every liter of water in the lower part of the lake may have contained between 1 to 5 liters of CO2!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by T_O_M
I've been following this. Wait for the toxicology report. Given the location they were found, on a steep, switchbacked section of trail apparently returning to the car, this is not a gas situation. Gases either rise if they're lighter than air, dissipate with any breeze at all if they're the same density as air, or sink to a low spot, which this was not, if they are heavier than air. I think that's off the table. Whatever got them, it got them all at once and it was something all partook in ... even the dog. That seemingly means food or water. Authorities are testing the water in their water bladder(s) as well as doing toxicology on the bodies. I think we're going to find that they were poisoned, either by getting bad water down at the stream before leaving or by someone ... themselves or others ... putting something poisonous in their water. This could well be a family suicide. Need to check family finances andf also check to see if any of them have a terminal medical condition. .. that's just my best guess based on what the media has released .. risky obviously.

Tom

The autopsy results are already complete, they showed nothing. At this point they are scrambling to create a false cause of death that is believable and they are failing for some reason, likely because there is a clear and severe danger to the general public

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

So argue with the geologist that determined that these people were killed by a release of CO2 from the lake, I am sure that they could use a laugh

After investigating the site of the disaster, scientists were divided into two camps on the mechanism of rapid CO2 expulsion: (1) CO2 could have burst through the lake as the result of a sudden gas eruption, or (2) CO2 could have accumulated slowly in the lower part of the lake, only to be released abruptly by the overturning of the bottom waters by some unknown mechanism.

It had been known for years that the water in Lake Nyos was extremely enriched in dissolved CO2. The lake overlies a volcanic source, which appears to release CO2 and other gases. However, most of this gas does not escape into the atmosphere, but rather dissolves into the bottom waters of the lake. At a depth of over 200 meter, the sheer weight of the upper lake levels exerts considerable pressures on the bottom waters. This confining pressure allows CO2 to dissolve into the bottom waters without escaping to the surface, in much the same way that the cap on a carbonated beverage prevents CO2 from bubbling out of its container. At a depth of 200 meters, water can hold 15 times its own volume in CO2. It has been estimated that every liter of water in the lower part of the lake may have contained between 1 to 5 liters of CO2!

I would have to side with the first camp.

Any large eruption of hot volcanic gas would exacerbate the dissolution of CO2 from associated cold water. So first camp could very well effect actions of second camp.

I would expect diffusion of CO2 across a thermocline. I admit to no expertise in that matter.

Your earlier posts made no allusion to dissolved gasses.

And by the way, the solution and dissolution of gasses in water is Chemistry.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
What is the nature of mushroom populations in the area?

Lots of rainfall, or desert? Mushrooms growing near a stream or spring?

These would not be the first people to day from accidental trail side poisoning. Around our house, the kids and dog usually eat anything we eat.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

I would have to side with the first camp.

Any large eruption of hot volcanic gas would exacerbate the dissolution of CO2 from associated cold water. So first camp could very well effect actions of second camp.

I would expect diffusion of CO2 across a thermocline. I admit to no expertise in that matter.

Your earlier posts made no allusion to dissolved gasses.

And by the way, the solution and dissolution of gasses in water is Chemistry, not Geology.

Actually you said that it never happened and I quote.

"Do have a problem with your statement that billions of cubic yards of gas was held under thermal layers in the water.

Do you even read the schitt you post?"

Knew that you would see it my way

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
What is the nature of mushroom populations in the area?

Lots of rainfall, or desert? Mushrooms growing near a stream or spring?

These would not be the first people to day from accidental trail side poisoning. Around our house, the kids and dog usually eat anything we eat.

And you assume that the coroner doesn't know what mushrooms are

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Mushrooms that kill you make you sick the next day.

Page 11 of 31 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 1234, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 160user, 59 invisible), 2,410 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,520
Posts18,491,029
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.