Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 23 of 31 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 30 31
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
It is some news, but not enough. The mystery continues.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Banging the Nanny never turns out well....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thats BS, Some folks work in septic tanks all day long

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco

Some toxic algae will kill you grave yard dead. Your dog too.

I just don't think it kills you that quickly.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Where is the best place to listen to this David Paulides dude?

After listening to a few of his podcasts and doing further research, I have come to the conclusion that Paulides is full of s chit. There's a good reddit thread that discusses how he only picks the parts of the evidence (or lack of) that makes his stories seem "spooky". Many of the cases that he has discussed in the past have since been solved with plausible explanations.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

After listening to a few of his podcasts and doing further research, I have come to the conclusion that Paulides is full of s chit. There's a good reddit thread that discusses how he only picks the parts of the evidence (or lack of) that makes his stories seem "spooky". Many of the cases that he has discussed in the past have since been solved with plausible explanations.

Sounds like a trial lawyer.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Denver TV is warning about algae now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

???

Septic tanks can produce good environments for algae and all kinds of weird gasses that I am sure are lethal at certain doses, but even then those folks working in those tanks usually wear specialized gear.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dustyone

LOL their was no use of a gun as the cause of death, but they never mentioned the knife that carved the islamic symbols in the bodies. See everything is a lie

Dude, I want to sign you on. It has to be cheaper to do so than all the 'shrooms I currently buy my crew.

What's your price?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The septic guys I know wallow in the funky cold medina with no suits.

I understand the toxicity of the algae I just believe if the concentration was that high other peoples wouldn’t have been effected nor did they have any evidence (that we know of) of a suffocating type death (I think thats how the gas works)

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 09/06/21.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You are still ignoring the fact there is an appalling number of unsolved cases in clusters around the world.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
There is definitely something going weird in these wilderness areas, and national parks. Seriously, I think it could be UFO abduction in some of these cases.
However in this case at hand, they have the Mom, they have the Dad, they have the kid and they have the dog. Surely, modern science can tell the cause of the death. No way the cops don't know what killed these people
Surely an autopsy of the highest standards is being done. One would think a poison most likely. Heat/dehydration doesn't seem likely but is possible. If it was an administered poison it would have been administered by one of the adults. Swimming in toxic algae doesn't seem likely. I can see a twisted mind(s) not wanting to leave the baby and dog to cope. There's a bunch of crazies out there.
Why, because they already know the cause of many and it can’t get out.
Tell us your theory.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Why the big fuggin mystery? Spit it out Johnny or stfu.

LOL
A
AML Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
City people move to the country and become "avid outdoor people". That usually happens without proper education or training. These people made a fatal error of some sort. Taking an infant into that heat is the most obvious indicator these people were not exercising sound or informed judgement.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

You are still ignoring the fact there is an appalling number of unsolved cases in clusters around the world.

I'm not ignoring anything. Those "clusters" occur in exactly the areas you would expect someone to seemingly "disappear" from - that is, remote wilderness areas that are unkind to even experienced outdoorsmen. I mean, folks don't typically go missing in the middle of the freeway in Los Angeles.
Paulides is a snake oil salesman and as more and more of his "eerie cases" are being solved his legitimacy is falling apart.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
. The one similar thing that really gets me is dog behavior or not able to track. I know working, tracking, and hunting dogs, its a hard one to digest.
If you have any real experience with tracking and hunting dogs you would know that they aren't anywhere near 100% reliable in tracking sc-hit. Better than most humans, sure - but not foolproof by any stretch of the imagination.
Hell, just 2 months ago I was sitting behing a restaurant eating my lunch when a saw a teenage black yute come sprinting along the woodline at the back of the parking lot and down to the corner where he cut through the trees and headed towards some apartments on the other side of about a 20-foot wide strip of woods. Seconds later I hear police sirens coming from all directions and a police car runs up on me and asks me if I've seen anyone fitting the guy's description. Apparently he had rear-ended another car a the stoplight about 200 yards away and had jumped out and run. I told them yes I had seen him and pointed to where he had gone. They said they had a canine unit on the way and asked if I would show the canine officer where the guy ducked into the woodline. I did. And that dog didn't track a damn thing. Couldn't find squat.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

I'm not ignoring anything. Those "clusters" occur in exactly the areas you would expect someone to seemingly "disappear" from - that is, remote wilderness areas that are unkind to even experienced outdoorsmen. I mean, folks don't typically go missing in the middle of the freeway in Los Angeles.
Paulides is a snake oil salesman and as more and more of his "eerie cases" are being solved his legitimacy is falling apart.

I don't really care what you believe, but it is true you are ignoring an important point made by Paulides.

He claims to weed out all cases which have normal indications of wilderness mishaps. He only focuses on those that are truly unique in circumstances. Watch "Missing 411: The Hunted" for some very very strange cases. It's free on youtube.

BTW - I'll wager far more people go missing near LA freeways than all the parks in the US combined. You ignore that fact because they are almost all explainable through the usual human foul play.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Toxic algae blooms more lies. Hard to believe they all die together because of algae. And the dog too.

Last edited by mtnsnake; 09/07/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OldHat

I don't really care what you believe, but it is true you are ignoring an important point made by Paulides.

He claims to weed out all cases which have normal indications of wilderness mishaps. He only focuses on those that are truly unique in circumstances. Watch "Missing 411: The Hunted" for some very very strange cases. It's free on youtube.

BTW - I'll wager far more people go missing near LA freeways than all the parks in the US combined. You ignore that fact because they are almost all explainable through the usual human foul play.

I've watched Missing 411 and several other videos of him being interviewed. Further reading led me to realize that he often times has left out some important evidence that would have a person not so suspicious of some of the cases he discusses. Some of the cases are indeed strange, but they can often be explained without blaming aliens or bigfoot.

And just as an aside, Paulides was fired from the San Jose PD after being charged with fraud. Yeah, you go right ahead and believe everything else he says.

Last edited by Triggernosis; 09/07/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
More on Paulides, from one of his book reviews -
Quote:
I guess it's my fault for not conducting Due Diligence on David Paulides before I purchased. Like many I have been listening to interviews with Paulides for about a year and on the surface what he is saying sounds convincing and plausible. Then I bought this book and pretty soon alarm bells started ringing all over the place. Most notably, I cannot accept that any self respecting Law Enforcement Officer would draw the conclusions Paulides has. Also the "chilling" descriptions of cases that Paulides talks about on radio interviews are not found in this book but rather this is a list of very short statements about missing person cases that upon closer inspection Paulides has heavily edited and often quite frankly lied about, in fact, most of the content has been taken from the reports found in Off the Wall and Over the Edge (who had no trouble getting these reports from the National park Service) which have been edited by Paulides to give the impression that something mysterious is going on. Even more ludicrous is the "conclusions" he somehow wrings out of these cases.

For example - Person A goes missing in 1938. Person B goes missing in 1998. For no other reason than this happened within the same Three months period there HAS to be a connection we are not being told about.
Another example Person A goes missing in a Storm in 1962. Person B goes missing in 2002. Again for no other reason than there was bad weather on both occasions there MUST be a connection to both of them. It Really is that silly.

Paulides conveniently forgets to mention known causes of missing persons such as "Terminal Burrowing" or "Hypothermia Psychosis" "Paradoxical Undressing" and the most common of all "Life insurance claim scams".
When the official reports he reproduces in this book don't fit in with his criteria he either edits out key parts of the report or fabricates things.

Even his Credentials are complete fiction, he was never a "Detective for over 20 years" as he likes to claim, he was a Traffic Police Officer for 16 years who resigned in disgrace after his arrest for Fraud and Theft. To claim that you were a Detective for over 20 years when in fact you were a Traffic Cop of less than 16 years before being convicted of using your position to sell Fake Celebrity Autographs is Absurd and Highly Deceptive. This is most likely why his requests for information, if he even made those requests, were denied because of his background and what he wanted to do with the information. Another fact that Paulides neglects to mention is that he is the Architect of another Scam with the Equally despicable Melba Ketchum charging people in excess of 50 USD to look at a Fake "Scientific Journal" claiming to show Evidence of Bigfoot DNA (DENOVO MAGAZINE). Only after paying this money to Him and Ketchum do people Discover that there is in fact no Scientific Journal and No DNA test proving the Existence of Bigfoot.

I think the reason I fell for this scam was because I never thought anyone would be so distasteful as to use something such as missing children to make money - I was wrong. David Paulides seems to be in a big squabble with other Big Foot researchers as to who can sell the most books and as a believer in them (I won't go into why here) I can honestly say that these beings will be rolling around laughing at his stupidity.

For references and case examples there is a fascinating, rather heated discussion between Paulides and some real researchers calling him out on his lies that can be found at -

http://www.amazon.com/review/R17M0A...Thread=Tx25GXIYGHL42A9&store=books#w

Page 23 of 31 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

140 members (35, arky65, 240NMC, 10Glocks, afisher, 11 invisible), 1,508 guests, and 817 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,603
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.