Hop To
Page 24 of 31 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 30 31
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He is as real as Sasquatch!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Why the big fuggin mystery? Spit it out Johnny or stfu.

Thats easy, mystery sounds good and its awesome to watch someone write a full page dissertation countering it.

I drink my whiskey and laugh my ass off

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I will say the rainbow patterns of substances that a toxic algae bloom can produce is interesting as per the ancient native legends of the area.

More intriguing to me is the native legend of mermaids in an area that is so disconnected from white mariners sailing the ocean blue.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 09/07/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
. The one similar thing that really gets me is dog behavior or not able to track. I know working, tracking, and hunting dogs, its a hard one to digest.
If you have any real experience with tracking and hunting dogs you would know that they aren't anywhere near 100% reliable in tracking sc-hit. Better than most humans, sure - but not foolproof by any stretch of the imagination.
Hell, just 2 months ago I was sitting behing a restaurant eating my lunch when a saw a teenage black yute come sprinting along the woodline at the back of the parking lot and down to the corner where he cut through the trees and headed towards some apartments on the other side of about a 20-foot wide strip of woods. Seconds later I hear police sirens coming from all directions and a police car runs up on me and asks me if I've seen anyone fitting the guy's description. Apparently he had rear-ended another car a the stoplight about 200 yards away and had jumped out and run. I told them yes I had seen him and pointed to where he had gone. They said they had a canine unit on the way and asked if I would show the canine officer where the guy ducked into the woodline. I did. And that dog didn't track a damn thing. Couldn't find squat.

A working dog ain’t a working dog, they are trained for different things. I don’t expect a drug or explosive dog to trail a negro.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Higginez
Algae bloom?

Thought I read they were looking into that possibility.

Over two weeks ago I posted this, yet you crazy fuggers are still baffled.

Read my sig.....

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Doesn’t mean it was algae bloom, it would take some funky circumstance but the native legends are just that.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
This thread may be about Qanon, or a couple that died on land management.

Bring out your dead! Bring out your freaks!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No because there are not just unexplained deaths but a LOT of deaths

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A working dog ain’t a working dog, they are trained for different things. I don’t expect a drug or explosive dog to trail a negro.
Several times in my career I found drowning victims while high powered cadaver dogs were barking every where but where the body was. In every case the dog handlers chalked up another find for their dog even if he was on point barking 200 yards upstream of the body.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hastings
Several times in my career I found drowning victims while high powered cadaver dogs were barking every where but where the body was. In every case the dog handlers chalked up another find for their dog even if he was on point barking 200 yards upstream of the body.

I wonder if they find the point where the victim went in, then got swept downstream?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Hastings
I wonder if they find the point where the victim went in, then got swept downstream?
The scent would have left with the moving water. Those dogs weren't smelling the bodies I found. When there was a gang of boats dragging an area and coming up with nothing on an unwitnessed drowning I moved somewhere else to drag or look. One time on a particularly tragic case I told my partner for us to go on downstream to look because the dad would have swam after his 4 year old kid who had been found frozen to death in a life jacket. We let our boat drift with the current and found him visible in shallow water 2 miles from where the boat was found. The dogs were 2 miles away upstream barking on scent.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
. The one similar thing that really gets me is dog behavior or not able to track. I know working, tracking, and hunting dogs, its a hard one to digest.
If you have any real experience with tracking and hunting dogs you would know that they aren't anywhere near 100% reliable in tracking sc-hit. Better than most humans, sure - but not foolproof by any stretch of the imagination.
Hell, just 2 months ago I was sitting behing a restaurant eating my lunch when a saw a teenage black yute come sprinting along the woodline at the back of the parking lot and down to the corner where he cut through the trees and headed towards some apartments on the other side of about a 20-foot wide strip of woods. Seconds later I hear police sirens coming from all directions and a police car runs up on me and asks me if I've seen anyone fitting the guy's description. Apparently he had rear-ended another car a the stoplight about 200 yards away and had jumped out and run. I told them yes I had seen him and pointed to where he had gone. They said they had a canine unit on the way and asked if I would show the canine officer where the guy ducked into the woodline. I did. And that dog didn't track a damn thing. Couldn't find squat.

I don’t expect a drug dog... to trail a negro.

Why not?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by add

I don’t expect a drug dog... to trail a negro.

Why not?

Agreed. You KNOW that negro was a smorgasbord of drug smells and scents.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dogs are fallible regardless of what they are trained for, each dog has a different personality too (smarts). I find tracking dogs to be more accurate for the task.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
and now possible lightening strike is to blame, and gases have been ruled out according to this news story.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/t...-hiking-trail/ar-AAOeNh6?ocid=entnewsntp

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Lightning* unless they were killed at a salon getting their hair lightened.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I find that hard to believe. A person who suffers a fatal lightining strike will probably have serious burns.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Check out this lightning victim. And he lived! I have worked lightning cases while a paramedic, one guy was playing golf and had a chunk of flesh the size of a tennis ball blown out of his arm. The hair on his arm was burned and he had flash burns all up and down his arm and chest. He lived too. Imagine what a fatal strike would look like.

Also you can get all kinds of burns to the clothing. These burns are very dramatic and visible, these type of injuries would be visible to the first firemen and paramedics on the scene, not to mention visible to the doctor at autopsy. At least one of those 3 humans, and likely that furry dog would display some lightning burns.

This is now the best guess, after 3 weeks? The best and the brightest pathologists in California working this, and this is the best guess?
This case just gets more and more weird.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Very similar to the case I worked as a paramedic. My guy looked just like this.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Surely a lightning strike would leave telltale evidence. At this point I would say a lightning strike is the nicest thing that could have happened. At least no nefarious action involved. Mother nature sends lightning down on the just and the unjust.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oh for cripes sake.

LOL
Page 24 of 31 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

190 members (257 mag, 7887mm08, 35, 240NMC, 10Glocks, 19 invisible), 1,576 guests, and 876 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,504
Posts18,490,610
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.