-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Local police dept put a add in the paper to warn people of catalytic thieves in Cheyenne, using cordless saws, take under 3 min start to end. Reward offered also
What's worse is the scrap buyers paying for them with out a care of where the sellers (thieves) got them

Last edited by 5spd; 09/26/21.

Did I make you cry......boooo hooo, life goes on.
GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by 5spd
Local police dept put a add in the paper to warn people of catalytic thieves in Cheyenne, using cordless saws, take under 3 min start to end. Reward offered also
What's worse is the scrap buyers paying for them with out a care of where the sellers (thieves) got them

if proven isent that receiving stolen property

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dale06
Sounds like an opportunity to hunt over bait. Park that car in the correct location, sit back a hundred yards in another car or in a condo window, and wait for them.

That would be a good way to get a murder conviction.

[Linked Image from ]
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Dutch
That's a neat trick, putting a catalytic converter on a diesel truck...... hope it works out for you.

No trick to it. Stock component.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
One shot in the nuts may not cure the bloke sticking out from under your car from stealing cats, but it keeps him from replicating.

LOL
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Of my memory serves me correctly, they got forty, or so, in one night.

https://kfdm.com/news/local/thieves...r-fishing-tourney-participants-in-orange

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Originally Posted by slumlord
Junkers only paying about $40 a cat here

1. Typical overblown campfire fantasy hype about “thousands”

Don't know what the thieves get for them, but the cost to replace may be what folks are referring to as "thousands".

For my F250 diesel I just checked rockauto.com since they typically have good prices and inventory ... they showed three different cats for it but were "Out of Stock" for all three (gee, wonder why?). Then I checked an online Ford Dealer which offers significant discounts to MSRP (autonationfordwhitebearlake.com). They show MSRP to be $2257.62 and their discounted price is $1557.76.

Most Ford dealers here will charge full MSRP but well in excess of a thousand either way. When my FICM started to go, the stealership prices were well north of $500, but I picked it up for a little over $100 from an International truck dealer.

That's a neat trick, putting a catalytic converter on a diesel truck...... hope it works out for you.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
J
J23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Ranger99
We really don't need any more laws to restrict
tools or objects
We need to deal with lawbreakers and imprison them
or execute them if needed, or we need to back away
when a homeowner or property owner tries to
defend their lives or their belongings
The owner of a vehicle doesn't deserve to have some
POS damage their property whether it's insured or
repairable or not. Leave stuff alone if it doesn't belong
to you. Stay off of property that isn't yours and that
you don't have permission to be on

Good people or people that have "lost their way "
don't commit crimes.
Let's stop making excuses for people breaking the law
and condemning those trying to protect what's theirs

Hear Hear!!

Sage wisdom.

(I added a line to it, hope you don't mind.)

"Ignorance is acceptable, because you can remedy it with knowledge and research. Stupidity is when you guard your ignorance."
Ted Nugent

"Idolizing a politician is like believing the stripper really likes you."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Originally Posted by slumlord
Junkers only paying about $40 a cat here

1. Typical overblown campfire fantasy hype about “thousands”

Don't know what the thieves get for them, but the cost to replace may be what folks are referring to as "thousands".

For my F250 diesel I just checked rockauto.com since they typically have good prices and inventory ... they showed three different cats for it but were "Out of Stock" for all three (gee, wonder why?). Then I checked an online Ford Dealer which offers significant discounts to MSRP (autonationfordwhitebearlake.com). They show MSRP to be $2257.62 and their discounted price is $1557.76.

Most Ford dealers here will charge full MSRP but well in excess of a thousand either way. When my FICM started to go, the stealership prices were well north of $500, but I picked it up for a little over $100 from an International truck dealer.

I’ve cut the cats off of a few cars and trucks I’ve driven as they age and start going problems.

I’m not under any inspection for my local area so I never replaced them. Used to lift weights with an bud that has a muffler shop, he’s fixed me up before.
I did have an issue once with a crown vic police car, he put a salvaged cat on for me for $50.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (1beaver_shooter, 222ND, 160user, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 44 invisible), 2,004 guests, and 1,128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,877
Posts18,478,900
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.