Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TF49

Like I said….

If one does not want a relationship with his Creator, that is tragic.

No relationship with God…before your death….. then no relationship with God after your death….. and no relationship for “eternity.”

I believe in Free Will. I believe God does everything he can to lead us to Redemption. However, we do have it in our power to screw up. There is one sin that cannot be forgiven and that is the willful denial of God. It results in . . . well, what the non-believers think of as Death. The lights go out and then nothing. Damnation is the eternal separation from God.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by IZH27
Works accomplish nothing in gaining or “maintaining” salvation.

Well said. Those who think they can "do good" themselves into heaven diminish the finished work of the cross and God's grace toward a sinful and depraved mankind.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by K22
Saved from what?
Excellent question.
Saved from sin and it's wages... eternal consequence.
Everlasting spiritual death
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
Roman s 6:23
The spiritually dead suffer torments.
"And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."
Now you can see from the first verse I mentioned,
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
Roman s 6:23
We deserve to go to hell.
God loves us, so He gave Jesus His only begotten Son to take our place. He suffered enough so that anyone who DECIDES to go to heaven through HIM will be saved from suffering forever.
It takes you changing your mind and realizing that you can't add anything to the salvation by good works. What we could add amounts to a few filthy rags compared to Jesus' torments. The decision involves making Him the object of our trust/ faith/believe .
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."
To make it very simple, there's a prayer to receive this gift located at the end of the links below. PM anytime or if you (or others) decide to make that decision.
Ya have to love how you turn simple words into some form of a religion. Sin, a Greek Archery term, to miss the mark. it can also mean to be mistaken, to err, exactly what religious teachings are doing.
Hell, a word that originally was Hebrew and meant: a gorge. But as the Greek were using it.......... This was originally the valley of Hinnom, south of Jerusalem, where the filth and dead animals of the city were cast out and burned. ............ loosely translated from the Greek it can mean "Grave", but nothing more.
Death: another word that's meaning is exactly that. Death, something that happens when you die, the end of life.
Your use of the words spiritually dead are being manipulated, something religion loves to do to lead its followers down a primrose path.
So the end of life (death) and Hell (a valley or the grave) are cast into the lake of fire and you think that is bad?? It simply means there will be no more end of lives nor graves since end of life will no longer exist.
So who was not written in the book of life? It's an easy answer and probably not the one you were programmed to believe.
Begotten son, someone God gave birth to. Begotten: alone (without a companion), but from its original word it simply means; to remain, abide in reference to place to sojourn, tarry not to depart to continue to be present to be held, kept, continually, to remain as one, not to become another or different.
Jesus is someone I'm very well acquainted with. I've known and followed His teachings for a lot of years now. So here is something to ponder on. One of the things Jesus taught me was that He and I are sons of God equally. He and I are sons of men equally.
K22: Be careful, very careful. You are suggesting that you are critically studying the word. Not to be done.

Sorry! shocked my bad.

I'm more interested in the Truth, this is what I want to know, not some tradition of men, i.e. religion.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Now, RC and Happy, what about this scripture

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

I repeat,

the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Here it is Jaguar.

Matthew 7

I always look to see who it's addressing because it makes a difference if Jesus is talking to born again believers or rebuking the devil, for instance.

"15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."

It sounds like someone I just asked if he was a pastor.
Jesus addresses the people about false prophets here that are not his sheep.
Jaguar, we know that they are unbelievers from the get go.

Then we get to your verse.

"21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Jesus will hear their appeals of WHY THEY think they are deserving of salvation. Here's the list.

A. "saith unto me, Lord, Lord"
Many say they made Jesus"Lord of their lives", but that is not God's way of salvation.
Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ."
God the Father made His Son Lord. Every preacher on TV would tell people something like "make Jesus Lord of your life and submit to His Lordship...." Or something like that.
Rejected by Christ

B. " have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name "
That is what I have read and heard many times. How many preachers have you heard give some new prophecy about some politicians or world events, all in the name of the Lord.
There's the warning and curse to them found at the end of Revelation. I'll let you look that up since I'm very tired right now....last couple verses.

C. "and in thy name have cast out devils?"
They could've been anyone who was from the sons of Sceva to Rosemary's baby. I've seen a video of all kinds of Demon possession in Africa and the pastor's had a false gospel.
There are those who cast them out, but not saved. I listen to the gospel message and that's the only way Jesus accepts
. He doesn't care if the person is an apostle of the apastolics or RCs. That never was the will of the Father for entry into heaven.

D. "and in thy name done many wonderful works?"
Do good works save anyone Jaguar? I think you know that they don't.
CORRECT ANSWER IS:
Titus 3:5. " Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us."

Ephesians 2:8,9. "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.

You see what they were trusting in?
Their good works.
The same can be said for "repenting of your sins" or baptism....good works.....Not acceptable to Jesus or the Father.

I hope you are still with me.
I'm about done.
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."

What is the will of the Father for our salvation?

Jesus said,
"And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day."

So what is the Father's will to be saved?
The way we see Jesus today is by reading the Bible about Him.
He is the rising Savior, the Christ, the Son of God.
(Details in links below)

It's midnight in my time zone and I'm zoned out. 😴
PM for discussion, questions etc and I will be there tomorrow.
Have a good night my friend.

HC

And by what authority do you accuse me of being a false prophet?
I certainly did not come to you in sheep's clothing, just the opposite actually.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
But, by all means, do good works.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by shaman

Like I said….

No relationship with God…before your death….. then no relationship with God after your death….. and no relationship for “eternity.”

I believe in Free Will. I believe God does everything he can to lead us to Redemption. However, we do have it in our power to screw up. There is one sin that cannot be forgiven and that is the willful denial of God. It results in . . . well, what the non-believers think of as Death. The lights go out and then nothing. Damnation is the eternal separation from God.
That isn't what's called the unforgivable sin. That one is calling the Holy Spirit evil. It comes from Mark 3, 22-30. Verse 30 plainly calls it. Note though, in v.29, that Jesus calls it AN eternal sin, not THE eternal sin. That leaves room for more than one. Denying Christ can be another one but it's not the one normally called the unforgivable sin. It's also found in Mathew 12:31-32 but the one in Mark has that defining verse 30.

That word blaspheme is hard to pin down for a meaning. It's used in many different ways. In general, though, it usually means 'in place of' or 'against'. In this case, it would mean 'Satan being named in place of the Holy Spirit'.

Mark 3:
22 And the scribes who came down from Jerusalem were saying, "He is possessed by Beelzebul," and "by the prince of demons he casts out the demons."
23 And he called them to him and said to them in parables, "How can Satan cast out Satan?
24 If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.
25 And if a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand.
26 And if Satan has risen up against himself and is divided, he cannot stand, but is coming to an end.
27 But no one can enter a strong man’s house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man. Then indeed he may plunder his house.
28 "Truly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the children of man, and whatever blasphemies they utter,
29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin" — 
30 for they were saying, "He has an unclean spirit."

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Works accomplish nothing in gaining or “maintaining” salvation.

Well said. Those who think they can "do good" themselves into heaven diminish the finished work of the cross and God's grace toward a sinful and depraved mankind.

I will add that if you have no desire for good works you need to go back and get the full dose of what God intended you to have in the first place. A heart that desires to please him and do his will are signs of a true conversion.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The book of James is aimed at telling believers to do good works to make their beliefs come alive. It's for believers, not for telling non-believers that they can be saved by works. It's often misinterpreted that way.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bubbajay

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

I repeat,

Here it is Jaguar.

Matthew 7

I always look to see who it's addressing because it makes a difference if Jesus is talking to born again believers or rebuking the devil, for instance.

"15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."

"21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Jesus will hear their appeals of WHY THEY think they are deserving of salvation. Here's the list.

Many say they made Jesus"Lord of their lives", but that is not God's way of salvation.
Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ."
God the Father made His Son Lord. Every preacher on TV would tell people something like "make Jesus Lord of your life and submit to His Lordship...." Or something like that.
Rejected by Christ

That is what I have read and heard many times. How many preachers have you heard give some new prophecy about some politicians or world events, all in the name of the Lord.
There's the warning and curse to them found at the end of Revelation. I'll let you look that up since I'm very tired right now....last couple verses.

They could've been anyone who was from the sons of Sceva to Rosemary's baby. I've seen a video of all kinds of Demon possession in Africa and the pastor's had a false gospel.
There are those who cast them out, but not saved. I listen to the gospel message and that's the only way Jesus accepts
. He doesn't care if the person is an apostle of the apastolics or RCs. That never was the will of the Father for entry into heaven.

CORRECT ANSWER IS:
Titus 3:5. " Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us."

Ephesians 2:8,9. "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Their good works.
The same can be said for "repenting of your sins" or baptism....good works.....Not acceptable to Jesus or the Father.

I'm about done.
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."

Jesus said,
"And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day."

(Details in links below)

HC

Instead of eating a dick, can you try to suck start a 12 gauge? Maybe use your big toe if your arms aren’t long enough.

The good news of my Lord Jesus Christ really offends you.
Perhaps my Father will care to effect your life in such a way that you will not consider it coincidence, so you will consider Christ..... perhaps not.
I will ask.

If you keep inviting that demon to crawl back into you, he might eventually tell YOU to do just that.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pray in one hand, ScHit in the other one...see which one fills up faster.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Unlike you, I don't go in my hand and fling it like a monkey.
I already asked my Father for something and He heard me.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
No one is implying that works are not a fruit of the Christian life. Works do nothing to save, keep saved or make a person more holy righteous.

Scripture teaches that the Law does not bring righteousness. That doesn’t change because we are Christians.

If good works that a Christian does are no different than what a good moral non believer can do what makes them good?

If our salvation is dependent upon our good works Christ’s death was needless.

Abraham, as the father of all in the faith, was declared righteous because he believed God’s promise. Declared righteous not righteous. Paul demonstrates that it is the same for us as believers. Romans and Galatians.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
No one is implying that works are not a fruit of the Christian life. Works do nothing to save, keep saved or make a person more holy righteous.

Scripture teaches that the Law does not bring righteousness. That doesn’t change because we are Christians.

If good works that a Christian does are no different than what a good moral non believer can do what makes them good?

If our salvation is dependent upon our good works Christ’s death was needless.

Abraham, as the father of all in the faith, was declared righteous because he believed God’s promise. Declared righteous not righteous. Paul demonstrates that it is the same for us as believers. Romans and Galatians.

Now that is an excellent question.

Now to hear the answer.................. whistle

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
This seems very appropriate in this thread...............

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

I repeat,

Here it is Jaguar.

Matthew 7

Rejected by Christ

CORRECT ANSWER IS:

Their good works.

I'm about done.

Jesus said,

(Details in links below)

HC

Great post and thank you and may God bless you for it, HC.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

I repeat,

Here it is Jaguar.

Matthew 7

Rejected by Christ

CORRECT ANSWER IS:

Their good works.

I'm about done.

Jesus said,

(Details in links below)

HC

Great post and thank you and may God bless you for it, HC.

confused confused

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by shaman

Like I said….

Well said. While God gave us free will, HE did tell us to choose the narrow path and walk it, not just know of it.

He said for us to work out our own salvation. That means believing there is power in the word and the word is Jesus.

We are in control of our salvation. We are in control of whether our name is written in the Lambs Book of Life (with no sin listed on our page) or if we have chosen not to partake of Christ's cleansing blood or if our sins are listed and we face the White Throne of Judgement.

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/27/21.

I Dindo Nuffin
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by jackmountain

The pastor that performed the baptism later was found to be fugking a woman in the congregation while supposedly giving her marital counseling. Within a year, our youth minister was caught banging a church member while his wife died of cancer, snd the head deacon was exposed to be having an affair.

Damn Jack, that is one wild church

#Poundathon

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
There are a lot of bubbas in prison. There will be many in hell.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Did ISLO say anything?

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

195 members (29aholic, 1_deuce, 1minute, 264mag, 17CalFan, 270cowboy, 26 invisible), 2,459 guests, and 1,157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,071
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.